• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

reneelvsbrian

Trusted Member
a woman died from a heroin withdrawal in a jefferson county jail in Golden Colorado, she was picked up for shoplifting and taken to the jefferson county jail she denied being on drugs during intake fearing she would get in trouble, eight hours later she was vomiting and she vomited nonstop for 7 hours, gaurds did nothing. heres a quote...... In fact, so many inmates pushed the emergency buttons so many times that the guards finally came in and said, 'You want our attention? You've got it. We're now going to shake down all of your cells.'"heres a couple links...........Sheriff: Guard scoffed at woman who died awaiting care in ...this happened on march 10 2015........Jennifer Lobato Shouldn't Have Died in Her Jail Cell, Sheriff ..........................
jennifer.lobato.facebook.150x100.jpg

Of course this is outrageous, never should have happened, and all the guards involved should be held accountable and possibly face criminal charges. Shit, just look at her face and you can see she's a junkie. However, on behalf of all the property owners who'll never have their shit stolen by her, RIP<3

What a bunch of sick fuckers. Could not even one of them have a little compassion. There better be serious consequences for those assholes or there will be a lot of outraged people. Cant think of anything else bad enough to say.

Wasnt her puking for several hours enough of a clue for them that she just might need help? Even the inmates were smart enough to know she needed help! What does it take for them to realize that someone is dying?

I'm not really sure what the guards were supposed to do to stop her withdrawl... Did she actually die from withdraw or was she dehydrated from puking? Either way I cant see this as anyone's fault but her own.

Not to mention what the fuck were they supposed to do about it? Give her heroin?.... How many times do we see junkies on here committing crimes and we all say "man I hope this piece of shit has a nice time cold turkeying in jail lmao" .... This pos got arrested while shoplifting with her 16 year old, which in my opinion means she taught her child that stealing is acceptable over working hard..... I don't feel sorry for this woman on any level

I didn't say say she was citizen of the year material. But that was cruel. On many levels. But she shouldn't have died. Treating people as if they're less than human appalls me.

Steals in front of child.
Arrested in front of child.
Junkie - no doubt child is aware.
Lies about being a junkie.
Dies in jail.

I feel bad for the kid.

Hopefully her trashy family gets rich from the lawsuit.

Too much of a hassle to hook an inmate in their care up with some medical treatment? The drug usage shouldn't even be the story here. You have someone vomiting for hours and you don't provide any medical care? The fuck?

I'm sure we'll get nothing but apologists for inept gov't stormtroopers talking about how she brought this on herself or how there's no one else to blame for her demise but her. Forget the fact that there's plenty of other causes for someone to vomit uncontrollably for a dangerously lengthy period of time and that this type of callous indifference for the human beings jailers have a responsibility and duty to care for could result in the death of someone who's not a drug addicted scumbag.

"a jury awarded former inmate Ken McGill $11 million for substandard medical care in the Jeffco jail.

"The same medical people and the same sheriff's department just got tagged," Lane says, "and $10 million of the verdict were punitive damages designed to teach them a lesson they'd never forget and make sure this kind of thing never happened again. And just a few months later, the same scenario is replaying itself with exactly the same entities involved." "

Surely it's not the EXACT same entitites? Surely they cleaned house following that previous mess?

Last edited:
http://www.westword.com/news/ken-mc...t-over-stroke-suffered-in-jeffco-jail-6052166

"When asked if the $11 million award will resonate beyond McGill's case, Grossman replies, "As an optimist, I certainly hope so. I think this type of verdict shows it would be cheaper to provide good, decent care rather than having to go to court and defend lawsuits. The cost of doing business should be going toward care, not going to court. So I'm hoping this verdict will cause some changes in policy and custom to be implemented. Bad medical care isn't supposed to be part of the punishment we impose on people when we send them to prison and jail."

At a time when abuses of justice are so prevalent, I'm very proud to live in Colorado, where the citizens are saying this kind of abuse of power is wrong and you can't do this to people.
""

HAH!

Not to mention what the fuck were they supposed to do about it? Give her heroin?.... How many times do we see junkies on here committing crimes and we all say "man I hope this piece of shit has a nice time cold turkeying in jail lmao" .... This pos got arrested while shoplifting with her 16 year old, which in my opinion means she taught her child that stealing is acceptable over working hard..... I don't feel sorry for this woman on any level
How about having her checked out by a fucking Dr. Even withdrawal from alcohol can have sever medical complications.

"a jury awarded former inmate Ken McGill $11 million for substandard medical care in the Jeffco jail.

"The same medical people and the same sheriff's department just got tagged," Lane says, "and $10 million of the verdict were punitive damages designed to teach them a lesson they'd never forget and make sure this kind of thing never happened again. And just a few months later, the same scenario is replaying itself with exactly the same entities involved." "

Surely it's not the EXACT same entitites? Surely they cleaned house following that previous mess?

And some politicians (guess which ones) want to limit punative damages, because they are "costly and unnecessary" and have bullshitted half the public into believing it's a good idea. The very people who get fucked if punitive damages are capped are the people who got fucked-over in the first place. You can see the effect is has on the entities that pay them, nothing :finger:

Really? I've posted on this before. This story, and this attitude are part of the reason one of the first things the Medical Director and I developed at our facility was a heroin/opiate withdrawal protocol which still stands on the books as part of our county's medical SOP at our Criminal Justice complex. Medical folks already know "cold-turkeying" can kill you. LE, well, if they're big enough to have a medical clinic, they're learning.

I'm really surprised you would be so harsh, uncaring and hypercritical of someone else's lifestyle choices. Finger-wagging someone to death never helps anyone change their behavior...Addictions and bad choices come in all shapes and sizes and until you've seen heroin/narc withdrawal and dealt with it hundreds of times, seen what it does to certain people and not so much to others, have seen what it actually does to the human body, what psychophysiological effects it has on a select population of users who are high-risk for death, I'd be hesitant to form such a hostile, apathetic opinion.

Like it or not, everyone has civil rights, be it heroin or other drug addicts, alcoholics, sex addicts, sex workers, drug dealers, shoplifters, murderers, and the innocent, pre-trial citizens wrongly arrested, and LE has the *express* responsibility to provide a minimum of medical care and supervision to community standard to all pre-trial arrestees. What these assholes did was borne of stupidity/lack of education, apathy, harsh judgmentalism, narcissism, and a "god complex." Hopefully no one you or your loved ones care about gets stuck in a pos jail where they develop a serious medical problem and the staff lets them die b/c they've looked at them and mentally judged them 'just another piece of shit dope dealer/user, etc. who doesn't deserve to live.' Something to think about. As always, JMO. YMMV. <3

ETA: "I've posted on this before" is simply my usual, redundant, pre-apology statement to anyone who may have read me say this before. Had I thought it may be interpretted any other way, I'd have allowed for additional clarification.

Last edited:
@JackBurton commented:
You wouldn't believe how many middle, upper-middle class and rich kids are heroin addicts. The days of it being the drug of choice for only the street-walking, gutter bums and "whores" was over decades ago.

@JackBurton commented:

You wouldn't believe how many middle, upper-middle class and rich kids are heroin addicts. The days of it being the drug of choice for only the street-walking, gutter bums and "whores" was over decades ago.

She has a teardrop tattoo on her cheek, i highly doubt she comes from good stock.

That said, middle and upper class folks can be trash too, i don't minimize my hatred to any one socioeconomic group.

Here's how Lane describes what took place after Lobato was booked into the Jeffco detention center on March 1.

"Jennifer got arrested for shoplifting," he says, "and she was suffering from heroin withdrawal. My best guess at this point is that she didn't want to get in trouble for being a drug user, so she denied using drugs upon intake.

"But she was getting sicker and sicker — and that morning, she told a deputy that she was in heroin withdrawal. That deputy alerted medical, who did nothing."

As time went on, other women in custody tried raising the alarm about Lobato's declining condition, Lane continues.

"I've interviewed eight inmates in her unit, all of whom were pushing emergency buttons, saying, 'Guards, get her help. She's in withdrawal.'

"Jennifer was vomiting from approximately eight o'clock that morning until she died at seven o'clock that night. It was virtually nonstop."

http://www.westword.com/news/jennif...-sheriff-admits-she-didnt-need-to-die-6599191

That medical care was not administered is just wrong morally and ethically.

A tattoo on your face, IMO, does not support that she was raised by my impression of whAt Jack considers "good stock". I think a tattoo on your face is trashy. So, tell me why you think it's irrelevant in Jack judging the supposed trashiness of her family?

A tattoo on your face, IMO, does not support that she was raised by my impression of whAt Jack considers "good stock". I think a tattoo on your face is trashy. So, tell me why you think it's irrelevant in Jack judging the supposed trashiness of her family?
I don't believe face tattoos are an indication of economic status. Her economic condition should have no impact on the basic need of medical care. Therefore, irrelevant.

@kitcatmcgee ...I'm just curious why you feel so much anger ..hate... About this mom on heroin .. but you felt total empathy on the parents who were on meth and called the cops when hallucinating... In crimes against children.. Again just curious..

Jail guards... You are getting paid to deal with inmates..the good .. the bad.. The ugly.. If you cannot do it correctly.. Than you need your asses fired and sued for wrongful death..

I don't believe face tattoos are an indication of economic status. Her economic condition should have no impact on the basic need of medical care. Therefore,

I see, you meant it's irrelevant to her medical care. Absolutely. It's not irrelevant in stating she's trashy.

That medical care was not administered is just wrong morally and ethically.

And legally, i would hope anyways

Her economic condition should have no impact on the basic need of medical care. Therefore, irrelevant.

The comments about her or her familys level of trashiness had nothing to do with her victimization at the hands of the gov't. Pay attention to the context of the posts as a discussion winds and weasels about amidst the mix of serious and comical responses that fill most threads on this site.

Last edited:
A face tattoo does not automatically make someone "trashy" nor is it a definitive indication of someone's upbringing. I personally know a solid middle-class lady who has a teardrop tattoo under her eye commemorating the death of her son who died when he was 15.

And legally, i would hope anyways

The comments about her or her familys level of trashiness had nothing to do with her victimization at the hands of the gov't. Pay attention to the context of the posts as a discussion winds and weasels about amidst the mix of serious and comical responses that fill most threads on this site.

You bitch so much about "this site". Why stay then, guy who tries super hard to be a more irritating version of Pete?

Back