• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

0o6XQgsm.jpg

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A man who had been drinking bit his mother's Shih Tzu in the face, ripping the dog's eye out of its socket, deputies said.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies responded an animal hospital in Lake Worth at about 4:30 a.m. Friday about an animal cruelty complaint.

When deputies arrived at the hospital, they found the Shih Tzu, named Cujo, with his eye hanging out of the socket. Deputies said Cujo's owner told them her son, David Etzel, 36, has been drinking and started teasing the dog.

According to the arrest report, Etzel was picking the dog up by his throat. The dog bit Etzel in the face, and, in response, Etzel bit the dog back. When he lowered the dog, Etzel's mother could see that the dog's eye was hanging out of its socket, the report states.

He other son woke up and helped her take the 2-year-old, 9- to 11-pound dog to the veterinarian.

The veterinarian told deputies that she sees this type of trauma when a dog has been hit by a car or attacked by another dog. She said the attack must have been very violent to cause such serious injuries, according to the report.

Back at Etzel's home in Lake Worth, deputies found him fast asleep, according to the report. He told deputies Cujo bit him, but he would never hurt the dog.

Etzel is charged with animal cruelty. He is being held at the Palm Beach County Jail on $10,000 bail.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...face-rips-out-its-eye-deputies-say/ar-AAb1w5H

Aaaaand, this is why I never come in here, but the title was just too irresistible. Next time, curiosity won't be killing this cat...*imagines a planet without subhuman humans*

Some of the zombies must be getting desperate. It's a sad, sad day when they must go after a dog rather than a human - humans have bigger brains.

im a cat person, I dont like people being cruel to dogs and I have had a couple in my lifetime last dog I had was attacked by a pitbull when I put him out on his chain to go potty it was a cocker spaniel i looked out my kitchen window ansd saw it and I chased the dog off, I took my dog to an emergency vet its eye was hanging out they fixed him up but he was blind in his left eye after that. I bet that guy was high on something other than alcohol.

I have a 9lb dog named Tank ... and I won't lie he's a mean little shit (like his mommy:kiss:) a Jack- Chi but this fat slob would have never caught him if he did bite him. :finger: what a pussy :finger: poor little Cujo .

Meh, shit-zhus are practically cats. Mean thing to do though. I don't even understand how you'd do that.

He just looks like a mean SOB to me.
There are some mean sonsabitches out there out there, no doubt.

Cat bit hell out of me not too long after I got him. I was carrying him inside; well, he didn't want to go. And when I insisted he protested. Once I realized what cats lick I went my erstwhile primary care physician for prophylactic antibiotics. When I told the receptionist why I was there, she said, "Where is the cat?", and while I was saying, "At home, probably sleeping in a sun beam", she was talking over me, saying, "Don't answer that!" Once I did, though, she visibly relaxed and went on to explain, "I thought you were going to tell me the cat was, erm, well, not okay", which shocked as much hell out of me as Cat bit out of me. Not so much that she thought that somebody that looks like me and carries themselves as I do would be capable of such a heinous act as injuring or killing a cat for being a cat, but that a receptionist at a nice doctor's office with a middle-class clientele located in an upper middle class neighborhood would have had the experience of learning that some people shouldn't have pets with any more character than a pet rock -- and even that would be pushing it.

--Al

I've never been bit by any animal, not because I think I'm all that lucky but because I pay attention to the signals a dog or cat sends out. If a dog is raising it's hackles and backing away from you with his tail down, don't chase him down just because you want to give him belly rubs, I can guarantee he don't want it and you don't want what he's gonna give you and then you blame the dog for it. Cats are not as communicatve but it is pretty easy to tell when they don't want to play. If their teeth are bared, back arched and fur standing on end, it's best to just keep on going and leave him alone.

But then again there's assholes that think they know everything and really don't care how the animal feels about what's going on and then blames the animal for escaping or protecting himself the only way they know how. By running away, biting or tearing you to shreds if cornered.

A Florida man who bit a dog was sentenced to a year in jail for animal cruelty charges.

David Etzel, 36, attacked his mother's shih tzu Cujo in April, after getting drunk and teasing the 10-pound pup.

The frightened dog was picked up by her throat, and bit the man, his mother, Michele Etzel told Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies. David Etzel bit back in retaliation, and tore her right eye out of her head, according to arrest reports.

He was sentenced on Friday to a year in prison and two years on probation. He will also have to go through anger management and alcohol treatment, the Palm Beach Post reported.

shihtzu9n-3-web.jpg

shihtzu9n-2-web.jpg

Cujo had two surgeries, but will be permanently blind in her right eye.

Michele Etzel told the Daily News in April she does not plan to ever speak with her son again.

"I feel sorry for my son and hope he gets the help he needs, he has been in depression for many years and alcohol is his demon," she said on a GoFundMe for her dog's medical bills.

The pup was brought to a hospital and looked like it had been run over by a car, a veterinarian said. Cujo went through two eye surgeries but will remain blind in her right eye, the mother said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...u-dog-sentenced-year-prison-article-1.2427643

Last edited:
He didn't even bother to pick on a big dog. So, he provoked the dog to bite him, and then hurt the dog for reacting that way. Poor thing, it's a good thing the mom won't see her son again, because seeing that man would probably scare the little pup to have even more trauma.

Every time I think meat smells good I should try some I read another nasty story like this and I am like... Nope, I am good.

Back