• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

HopelessOptimist

Popping my posting cherry. Please forgive any mistakes in advance.
Didn't see anything on this. So sick of lame excuses for these children's deaths.

For now, Daniel Grafton, 31, is charged with reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of Mason Hunt, 2, the son of his gf, Shannon Mathews.
Seems as if when he found the child unresponsive, aka dead, in the bathtub he forgot he and his gf live in an apartment above a doctor's office where Mason's mom works. It appears to have taken an hour or so for him to get his story together/decide what to do/remember there is a family practitioner downstairs from him along with the child's mother.
Mom says she went by the apartment with snacks for the two an hour before he brought Mason down.
Around 4:40 p.m. Grafton walked downstairs into the doctor’s office carrying Mason’s limp body in his arms while screaming the boy wasn’t breathing, according to the criminal complaint. Grafton told his girlfriend as well as Dr. Patricia Sutton, who was working at the time, that he had left Mason alone in the tub to grab cheese curls and when he returned to the bathroom he found the boy lying face down in the tub, not breathing.

Man discombobulated by murderous bathtub:
h1OcUTI.jpg

The doctor at the office stated on camera the child was cold to the touch, his lips were blue and she could not find a pulse. Also,
Sutton performed CPR on the boy and noticed several bruises on his body, face, head, eye, abdomen and extremities, according to the criminal complaint.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ith-Endangerment-290827321.html#ixzz3RF1ldwde

From another source:
In the affidavit, investigators indicated that Sutton noted multiple bruises on the child’s body, face, head, eye, abdomen and extremities; his right pupil was dilated and his left eye was constricted. Mason’s skin was cool to the touch. Medics noted the same feeling of his skin being cold, as well as ashen, according to the court document.
Mason was transported to Taylor Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:52 p.m.
After his death, hospital staff noticed numerous bruises on his face, head, shoulder, chest, elbow, genitals and anus, according to the affidavit. There were several deep bruises on the right and left side of his body, the court documented. The injuries were photographed for evidence.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20150204/police-probe-death-of-2-year-old-boy-in-norwood

He was a beautiful child. I will try to locate a postable photo.

Horrifying bathtub. Daniel Grafton, tsk, tsk.

That happened right above a doctor's office? I bet he died before they opened for business that morning because I'm sure that abuse wasn't silent. His beating and cries would have been heard by someone in the practice below.

I'll bet this baby was dead when the mom brought the snacks home for them. She stated the boy friend made a point to look in on the boy in the tub while she was there...so she didn't feel the need to check on him her self and went back to work...not knowing he just beat the crap out of him...and let him drown. He may not have had a chance to cry if he knocked him out or held him under water to drown out his crying. Just a guess. He had to have fought back hard with all those bruises.

I'll bet this baby was dead when the mom brought the snacks home for them. She stated the boy friend made a point to look in on the boy in the tub while she was there...so she didn't feel the need to check on him her self and went back to work...not knowing he just beat the crap out of him...and let him drown. He may not have had a chance to cry if he knocked him out or held him under water to drown out his crying. Just a guess. He had to have fought back hard with all those bruises.
Right? Also, in one article it states he was trying to convince the officers he had a loving relationship with the child, showing them a picture of him holding Mason the day prior to his death. The officer stated he noticed no bruising on the child's face in that photo:shifty:

hospital staff noticed numerous bruises on his face, head, shoulder, chest, elbow, genitals and anus,
I'm interested in knowing if they could date these injuries, I would like to know if he beat the child over a period of time and Mom did jack-shit about it...

I am a resident of Norwood and i have a 2 year old. (Actually i had twins and lost 1 a few months after i had them) so this story really hit home. I DO NOT know any of the people involved with this case which is good because I would love to put opund them what they did to this child but I do kno someone that does kno the mother. And from what I was told the mother was very abusive to this little boy. Not the older boy just Mason. That she was on drugs and didn't want the responsibility of taken care of the baby. Like i said i dont anyone so i dont kno for sure but i did see her Facebook and a month ago she had a status that was basically an RIP to Mason. I fully believe that she did this and if she did not do it herself she was definitely involved. The neighbor said he could hear her screaming through the walls and was going to give his statement to the police. Hopefully chargers will be brought on her sometime soon.

They've been charged with murder finally. The baby had 120 bruises counted during his autopsy and some incident with an abrasive salt substance.. :mad:

A Delaware County couple who had been under investigation for alleged child abuse were charged Friday with third-degree murder in the February beating death of a 2-year-old boy.

Daniel Grafton, 31, of Wallingford, and Shannon Matthews, 30, of Norwood, were also charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, conspiracy, and other crimes in the death of Matthews' son, Mason Hunt.

At the time of the killing, the two were under investigation for an incident in January in which an abrasive salt substance was put all over the boy's body, Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said.

"Both played a very active role in the death of this young boy," he said, adding that Mason died of blunt-force trauma. He said 120 bruises were discovered on the body, many of them pinch marks. They were on the face, head, chest, and genitals, among other areas, Whelan said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...laying_of_2-year-old.html#GygQjVxHRl5uYOBD.99

^ Yes, yes she is @JackBurton.

Why are these people always so fugly and inbred looking yet they have - and then harm - the most beautiful, sweet looking, precious little children?! Motherfucking monsters.
...abrasive salt substance was put all over the boy's body...

What did I just read above? Whaaaaa... why? Just, WHAT?!

SIGH. I'm still working on that homemade spaceship to blast off this rock.

Hey Daniel and Shannon... :finger::finger::finger::finger: and then please go :laser::dead:, thanks.

Last edited:
Fuck these troglodyte looking motherfuckers. Pinch marks all over him? Oh you just know that was mom. Fucking junkie looking bitch makes me too angry for words.
She is so unbelievably ill to do this to her own kid and leave him to die with that callous heartless dickless spineless waste of flesh up next to her. Why would you do this to your own kid?
My kids piss me off equally so if I'm yelling at one I'm yelling at the other. I'd never single one out for abuse and then have my dick join in as well.
I almost hope drugs were involved coz to be this vile without something keeping the edge on your hate is mind boggling.

December 12, 2016

A Delaware County mother has been convicted of third-degree murder and other charges in the death of her 2-year-old son.

But the Delaware County Daily Times says the woman's boyfriend was acquitted of all charges except child endangerment in the boy's death.

Friday's verdict means 30-year-old Shannon Matthews remains jailed and faces up to 40 years in prison when she's sentenced. Her boyfriend, 31-year-old Daniel Grafton, has been freed on bond until the Glenolden couple is sentenced Jan. 18.

Prosecutors offered plea deals with sentences of 12 to 24 years each, but the couple rejected them.

http://6abc.com/news/murder-conviction-for-delco-mom-in-child-death/1652402/

A Norwood mother who was convicted of third-degree murder in December for the 2015 death of 2-two-old Mason Hunt was sentenced to 24 to 48 years in a state prison Wednesday.

“This was the hardest case to watch and to preside over,” said Delaware County Court of Common Pleas Judge James Nilon before handing down the sentence. “(It is) an incredible tragedy. This child could have been saved.”

Shannon Matthews, 31, was also convicted on charges of aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child in Hunt’s death Feb. 3, 2015. Her boyfriend, Daniel Grafton, 33, was found guilty of endangering the welfare of a child.

Grafton was sentenced in December to one year less a day to two years less a day confinement and was placed on immediate parole. He was also given three years of probation and ordered to perform 300 hours of community service.

Delaware County Medical Examiner Fredric Hellman testified at trial that Hunt had at least 128 individual bruises across his small frame. Hellman ruled the death a homicide and said the boy died from the totality of his injuries, which included an “extreme hemorrhage” in a membrane of fat around the bowel and small intestine. Hunt also suffered a laceration on his liver that was likely two to three days old, according to Hellman.

Deputy District Attorney Michael Galantino noted Wednesday that medical experts at trial agreed Hunt likely suffered his injuries two or three days before he died, likely the Saturday beforehand, when Grafton was not present.

Galantino also said the injuries were the result of multiple blunt force traumas and that Matthews watched her son deteriorate over the ensuing days without seeking medical treatment that would have saved his life.

“(She) took away every last chance he had to live,” said Galantino. “Perhaps the most difficult thing about this case – in addition to the way Mason was beaten and suffered – is that the person responsible is the one person in his life … who was responsible for his well being.”

Matthews also spoke Wednesday and continued to deny her guilt, saying her world came crashing down the day of Hunt’s death. While she acknowledged she made poor decisions, Matthews said she did love her son.

“I too have a hole in my heart and miss Mason every second, every minute, every hours of every day,” Matthews said. “That day I not only lost one child, but I lost two. I will never be able to fill this void in my life.”

Nilon said it was “very telling” over the course of the trial that Matthews showed almost no emotion at all – until a recorded interview with her older son was played for the jury and she began to cry.

Nilon said he could see in the pictures of Mason taken in his final hours that he needed medical attention and wondered at Matthews’ unwillingness to get him the help he needed.

“All the medical experts agreed if somebody had intervened, the likelihood of this child surviving was very, very high,” he said.

Nilon gave Matthews the maximum penalty of 20 to 40 years for the murder, as well as four to eight consecutive years for the assault and five years of probation for the endangerment charge. She is not eligible for early release.

http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20170118/NEWS/170119599

Back