• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
sunoco14n-3-web.jpg
sunoco14n-4-web.jpg

Two people have been arrested and Philadelphia cops are searching for several more suspects in a vicious gas station beating during which a mob used a hammer, pepper spray and a piece of chair leg to put a bleeding 51-year-old man in a coma.

Shareena Joachim, 24, and Aleathea Gillard, 34, were both arrested Tuesday shortly after they fled the scene, a Sunoco gas station along North 5th St., in a minivan. But police later released horrifying video that shows as many as six different people pull up to the gas station, jump out of the car and begin the vicious assault on the victim, described by police as a homeless man.

The entire confrontation began after a 10-year-old boy, jockeying with the man over who would next pump a customer’s gas for spare change, told his mother the man had hit him, police told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

But cops, reviewing hours of footage, found no such bump or hit take place. Instead, investigators unearthed the horrifying, family beatdown on the defenseless victim.

"Just watching, you see the viciousness of it," Lt. Dan Brooks of Northwest Detectives told the Inquirer.
The sequence begins with five people pouring out of the van and running up to the man, who tries to take cover as the first blows rain down. One woman runs up with a hammer and strikes the victim in the head, sending him onto the sidewalk as the rest of the group uses fists, feet and a rocking chair leg to repeatedly hit the man, prone on the sidewalk in the fetal position.

Joachim tried to Mace her victim, but instead used it on a member of the gang, seen in a red shirt in the video. He grabs his face in pain and runs back to the van after he was accidentally pepper sprayed.

The relentless attack continues, even as the unmoving man lies still on the ground.

As the group prepares to leave, one adult grabs the 10-year-old boy and brings him over to the critically hurt man to show off the group’s handiwork.

At least two juveniles were involved in the attack, police say.

The victim remains in a medically induced coma and in critical condition after he suffered several skull fractures and broken bones.

Joachim and Gillard, held without bail, are each charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, possessing instruments of crime, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.

The entire confrontation began after a 10-year-old boy, jockeying with the man over who would next pump a customer’s gas for spare change, told his mother the man had hit him, police told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

So, were they all homeless or does this kid just hang out at the gas station to make spare change? I'm all for an eye for an eye, but that's just ridiculous especially since the man didn't even hit him. Just saw another article on Yahoo where a man was shot dead after running over a toddler that ran into the street. Yeah, that fixes everything in some universe but not this one. Oh, excuse me, TWO people shot dead in that incident.

The kid needs to be charged as well. His lies set the whole thing in motion, wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to hurt the man for him.

The entire family needs to be put down.

:muted::muted:I will shut up ... because I want to rant and I feel I may be banned for my words :rage::punch::finger::devil::punch::rage::devil::punch: Ignorant FUCKS !!!:finger::finger::finger:

the 10 yo was pumping gas for spare change, they need the shit beat out of them. I have never heard of anyone pumping someones gas for spare change, is that allowed anywhere? oh and what a pack of wild animals.

I'm against putting my hands on women, but I'd Superman Punch ratchet bitches like that. They often leave a fella no choice...

I'm too sexy for my shirt! Too sexy for my shirt! So sexy yeah! Too sexy for my car!

Just saw another article on Yahoo where a man was shot dead after running over a toddler that ran into the street. Yeah, that fixes everything in some universe but not this one. Oh, excuse me, TWO people shot dead in that incident.
Yes, and one of the people shot dead was the toddler's 15 yr old brother. Reminds me of the woman who fired "warning shots" INTO a fighting crowd and shot her own son in the head.
http://news.yahoo.com/two-fatally-shot-van-strikes-toddler-milwaukee-122426320.html

The kid needs to be charged as well. His lies set the whole thing in motion, wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to hurt the man for him.

The entire family needs to be put down.
As long as the cops aren't the ones to put them down, right Jack;)

:muted::muted:I will shut up ... because I want to rant and I feel I may be banned for my words :rage::punch::finger::devil::punch::rage::devil::punch: Ignorant FUCKS !!!:finger::finger::finger:

As long as you're not insulting another user, you can say literally anything you fucking want here. There's been users who post in uproarious support of the butchering and mutilation of childrens genitals. I shit you not, there's people here who promote that level of abuse against kids. If that doesn't get you banned, whatever you're wanting to lose your shit on won't, unless of course you're wanting to attack another user(cuz THAT'S where lines get crossed).

As long as the cops aren't the ones to put them down, right Jack

A smart officer wouldn't have to try too hard to land the opportunity to legitimately off this family, given what hotheaded animals they clearly are.

All for a spare change? Are EFFING kidding me?! Hell I have at least $7 in my pocketbook right now that I probably could use, I'm just to lazy to dig it out! I guess the 11 year old is some sort of training at this time to become like his family of THUGS. Good grief my children have come home with all sorts of stories of what someone did to them and when I tell them I will be up at that school tomorrow morning and I will handle it and quite a few times I am told they were just kidding, made it up. Or better yet when I do get to the school the stories have changed so much I am ready to punish my kids and find out I my kids were in it with other kids and then I get the other kids in trouble. Why the Hell did they just take his word for it? Little cum quat and cum quat's family all needs their asses beat. Lesson these dumb ass animals should have known by now is don't always believe your children until you find out the whole story.

Little cum quat and cum quat's family all needs their asses beat. Lesson these dumb ass animals should have known by now is don't always believe your children until you find out the whole story.
Kathy: 1) Love the term cum quat. BTW kumquat is one of my most favorite citrus fruits. Never thought of the word in any way nasty at all, just love the fruit.
2) "Don't always believe your children". So true, but these adults didn't care. They were looking for a reason for a beating, and they grabbed the first excuse. Proper childrearing and good example be damned, "we gonna beat this mf'er!"

The DD headline seems right for a limerick "There were two vicious bitches from Philly"...
Unfortunately I am not very good at creating limericks. Anyone else?

There were two vicious bitches from Philly
Who did something incredibly silly
On the word of a chil'
They beat up a guy
Which one should never do willy-nilly

There were two vicious bitches from Philly
Whose ten-year-old son was being silly
When he said he'd been beat
By a man in the street
They ganged up on that man and were kill-y

As long as you're not insulting another user, you can say literally anything you fucking want here. There's been users who post in uproarious support of the butchering and mutilation of childrens genitals. I shit you not, there's people here who promote that level of abuse against kids. If that doesn't get you banned, whatever you're wanting to lose your shit on won't, unless of course you're wanting to attack another user(cuz THAT'S where lines get crossed

That was literally one person, lithiumgirl, who is off her fucking rocker, and it upset you so much its in your fucking Sig line. Wahhhh!!!

All I have to say is....It must have been the ten yr old's day to buy the wings!! Lying must of been easier than denying his family their meal! :hilarious:

A LAWYER for one of the women accused of savagely beating a homeless man at an Olney gas station earlier this month - a beating caught on video - told a judge yesterday that his client participated in the attack, but deserves to be let out on bail.

Attorney Max Kramer said Aleathea Gillard, 34, is a single mother of eight kids, works as a home health aide and had never before been arrested.
[...]
She was being held without bail, but Kramer argued before Common Pleas Judge James Murray Lynn that Gillard is not a flight risk and that bail should be set. The judge set bail at $150,000.

Kramer, who requested bail of $50,000, said afterward that he did not know whether Gillard's family could post 10 percent of $150,000.

The victim's family has said Barnes was put into a medically induced coma at Einstein Medical Center and suffered catastrophic brain injuries.

Assistant District Attorney Danielle Bunting argued for a bail of $1 million or $2 million.

"What this defendant did was street justice," she said of Gillard.

The prosecutor said Barnes' life "is in the balance" right now, and the victim is on a ventilator. "Right now, if the plug is pulled, we would be dealing" with a murder case, she said.

Kramer told the judge that Gillard gave a statement to detectives "admitting her involvement in the attack." He said she mistakenly believed at the time of the attack that Barnes had injured her 10-year-old son. She later learned her son had lied, the lawyer said.

Gillard's son and Barnes were both earning money pumping gas at the Sunoco station when they got into an argument and started to throw something back and forth at one another, Kramer said.

Kramer said the boy then rode his bike home, fell and hurt himself on the forehead, but claimed to his mother that the man they knew as "Bob" caused the injury.

Gillard, who lives about 1 1/2 blocks from the gas station, then got into her Honda Odyssey minivan with other people who were in her home at the time and returned to the gas station, Kramer said. When Gillard asked Barnes what happened, "his response was 'F--- you,' " Kramer said.

That's when "she got out and assaulted him," the lawyer said.

He said Gillard hit Barnes with a piece of wood from a broken rocking chair in her minivan.

Bunting, the prosecutor, said Gillard beat Barnes in the head with the piece of wood. She said two of Gillard's kids - a 12-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son - were "involved with stomping this man [Barnes] while he was on the ground."

Two other women were also allegedly involved in the attack - Shareena Joachim, 24, who allegedly brought Mace to the attack, and Kaisha Duggins, 23, who allegedly hit Barnes with a hammer in the head, legs and feet.
[...]
Gillard's 12-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son, and a 14-year-old boy who was also allegedly involved, were all charged as juveniles and face preliminary hearings May 5.

All six defendants have been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, conspiracy and related offenses.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150428_Bail_set_for_woman_accused_in_homeless-man_attack.html

Bolded parts by me. Street justice=six people beating on one homeless man.

The homeless, comatose man finally died of his brain injuries. He never came out of the coma.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/homeless-man-beaten-outside-olney-gas-station-april-dies/

"Footage from nearby surveillance cameras shows the group beating Barnes with their feet and fists, a hammer, a piece of wood and pepper spray.

Three youths – a 12-year-old girl and 13- and 14-year-old boys – were sentenced on assault charges in July.

The cases against the trio of adult women believed to be involved – Aleathea Gillard, the 34-year-old mother of the two youngest defendants; Shareena Joachim, 23; and Kaisha Duggins, 24 – were already scheduled for a status hearing on Dec. 4. It remains to be seen how this news affects those hearings.

The assault was allegedly precipitated by Gillard's 10-year-old son claiming Barnes hit him during an argument about who would pump gas for customers, an allegation that investigators later dismissed. Investigators said they later learned that he fell off his bicycle on the way home and made up a story to avoid getting in trouble for being late."

The homeless, comatose man finally died of his brain injuries. He never came out of the coma.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/homeless-man-beaten-outside-olney-gas-station-april-dies/

"Footage from nearby surveillance cameras shows the group beating Barnes with their feet and fists, a hammer, a piece of wood and pepper spray.

Three youths – a 12-year-old girl and 13- and 14-year-old boys – were sentenced on assault charges in July.

The cases against the trio of adult women believed to be involved – Aleathea Gillard, the 34-year-old mother of the two youngest defendants; Shareena Joachim, 23; and Kaisha Duggins, 24 – were already scheduled for a status hearing on Dec. 4. It remains to be seen how this news affects those hearings.

The assault was allegedly precipitated by Gillard's 10-year-old son claiming Barnes hit him during an argument about who would pump gas for customers, an allegation that investigators later dismissed. Investigators said they later learned that he fell off his bicycle on the way home and made up a story to avoid getting in trouble for being late."

Thanks for the update @Muriel Schwenck. How did I miss this story before? SHIT this is horrible!!!! What animals!

So let me get this straight... she's such a "good" and fiercely protective mama bear that she'll summon her squad of vile bitches and her own undoubtedly damaged/deranged offspring to violently murder a man because she thinks he harmed her son, yet she'll let that same 10-year-old son beg for spare change from skeevy strangers at what I presume to be an equally skeevy gas station, all while she sits her ass at home? The logic here is profoundly moronic... and ghetto.

Also, why is she driving around with a broken rocking chair leg and a hammer? Not to mention one of the other women who, upon hearing the call to action thought to herself, "Oh goodie! Better go get that mace outta my thugtastic street justice drawer!" and then gleefully hopped into the minivan of doom (AKA Death Squad Delta).

I mean... just... WTF x 1,000,000. So, so sad. I hope he blacked out early on in the beating. Rest in peace Bob Barnes. :( What do ya wanna bet the 10-year-old isn't even sorry? I feel like this bitch on wheels would only be capable of rearing selfish, entitled little a-holes.

Last edited:
Back