• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
30wrsm0.jpg

A 29-year-old woman is accused of setting her ex-boyfriend's Chesterfield Township home on fire while he, two other adults and three young children were inside early Wednesday morning.

Police say Kayla Zorn, of Allenton, poured gasoline around the trailer home and lit the fire, knowing the adults and young children -- ages 5, 3, and 1 -- were inside. Everyone was able to get out of the home safely.

Police found her a block away, watching the fire....

Police say Zorn told officers she was upset with her ex-boyfriend and the way their relationship ended. She allegedly knew young children were in the home when she lit the fire and watched the home burn from a distance.

According to one of the adults inside the mobile home, Zorn attacked the trailer just 45 minutes after her former boyfriend changed his relationship status on Facebook.

Zorn's 33-year-old ex-boyfriend told officers he first smelled the gasoline then saw the smoke and flames around the doorways of the home on Harrisburg Lane. He said he tried to put out the fire while a woman living in the home got everyone out safely and called 911.

"There's a fire underneath our trailer!" the caller told the 911 dispatcher. "We're getting everyone out now ... please send help now."

Chesterfield Township police say they were familiar with Zorn after they had an encounter with her in early March. They knew she drives a white Chevrolet Z-71 pickup truck.

Officers found the pickup parked and unoccupied one block west of the fire. The keys were still in the ignition and there were two half empty gas cans in the bed of the truck. It didn't take long for police to find Zorn, who was standing in a yard between two homes just down the street from the pickup, police said.

She couldn't explain what she was doing between the homes or why she smelled of gasoline. She was arrested and her vehicle was impounded.

Police say Zorn has confessed to lighting the trailer on fire and admitted she knew it wasn’t just her ex-boyfriend inside, either.

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/wo...wnship-home-on-fire-with-kids-inside/32134240

Some women just don't get it. There is no man on earth worth this type of drama or action. Off with her head, won't hurt her since she's not using it anyway.

I don't get being so mad or hurt that burning or killing innocent children even comes to your mind.. But I promise you.. if you hurt one of my kids than you YOURSELF better not ever close your eyes cause I would show you a whole new kind of crazy..

I don't get being so mad or hurt that burning or killing innocent children even comes to your mind.. But I promise you.. if you hurt one of my kids than you YOURSELF better not ever close your eyes cause I would show you a whole new kind of crazy..

She is incredibly lucky she isn't facing five or six murder charges. Trailers tend to burn out of control very quickly. I'm glad the kids are all safe. I hope she spends a lot of years in prison Perhaps it will give her some more time to grow up

I just had a thought: Wednesday was April Fool's Day. Maybe he was pranking her with that relationship status?

It was on the front page article someone posted........... am very close to this story. ..the way it was reported was very weird. For instance, I own the house that was set on fire. The ex boyfriend was staying there for awhile. The children in the home were not his, the mother and children were residents of the home. Kayla used to babysit these children and they loved her...and she was willing to kill them. The youngest is 3 months old. The breakup was 2 months ago, none of us had any idea that she was stalking him or that she would ever do anything like this. Her grandmother told me that kayla only has an IQ of 62.
[COLOR=rgba(29, 47, 58, 0.6)]
  • [COLOR=rgba(0, 39, 59, 0.498039)]Share ›[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
commented about it.

For anyone interested in looking up this young lady's level of mentation/intellectual ability according to her reported I.Q. of 62 (or, if you know your *real I.Q. and wanna look it up) here's the standard I.Q. identification/relevance/classification chart:

http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/iqclassifications.htm

*Despite what certain sites may claim, the *real*, standardized I.Q. test battery cannot be taken/administered online b/c it also includes test components that have to be performed hands-on only. They are trying to come up with a sim to accurately assess the hands-on portions online by using CAD-type tech and 3D graphics, etc., but so far, the prototypes still haven't earned a cigar.

I don't consider myself very smart at all, but I'm also not a jealous murdering bitch. Being a literal moron doesn't give one a pass to commit murder.

On her Facebook page she BANS smoking in her house because she has bronchitis. Her Dr. said NO SMOKING around her, so that, by golly, is that. I guess the Dr. told her to stand a block away from the torched mobile home...to protect her lungs, of course.
I'll be interested to see what charges and jail time she is facing. I hope it's a lot. That many people in there, it so easily could have been tragic.

A woman with no pride and no dignity... and really fucking stupid to boot! :facepalm:

Haha! Seriously... talk about shit for brains!! I bet it's the extra nasty kind too, full of unbridled rage and bits of last night's corn dinner.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd only dated a couple of weeks or something equally disproportionate to her reaction. She's clearly never mastered any tiny degree of emotional maturity or personal accountability. Shhhheeeesssshhhhh! Nuttier than a bag of trailmix!! :wacky:

Thank heaven the people inside (and especially kiddos) were safe!! Nasty twat waffle!

For anyone interested in looking up this young lady's level of mentation/intellectual ability according to her reported I.Q. of 62 (or, if you know your *real I.Q. and wanna look it up) here's the standard I.Q. identification/relevance/classification chart:

http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/iqclassifications.htm

Thanks for this! It's interesting.

And on a side note, I had to giggle when I read about the old classification system used until the public began to abuse the terms.

It's nice to finally have a definitive sliding scale on where "Moron (IQ 50-69), Imbecile (IQ 20-49) and Idiot (below 20)" rank in relation to one another. Now I can more accurately insult the jerks in these stories. :smug:

Someone did come on in the front page article and state that her IQ is something like 62. I kind of feel sorry for as 62 is considered mentally retarded. I don't excuse her, but I do feel sorry for her a bit now. Too challenged to understand the consequences with an IQ that low. It also explains why she was only a block away watching her work in plain sight. That said, she still needs to be punished in some way!

I hear ya on this and I don't mean to sound heartless, but I think anyone who can drive a car and carry on some form of relationship has enough cognitive ability to grasp the killing of innocent children. And even if she is so mentally deficient not to, I've known individuals at an even more reduced level of ability who were, if anything, much sweeter and kinder than most people.

Again, not trying to be callus, that's just my two cents.

A 29-year-old woman was ordered to serve nine to 30 years in prison for trying to kill her ex-boyfriend by setting fire to his Chesterfield Township mobile home.

Kayla Zorn, of Allenton in St. Clair County, received the sentence Wednesday from Judge Edward Servitto of Macomb County Circuit Court after pleading guilty Dec. 1 to attempted murder and second-degree arson.

The sentence was less than the 15 years sought by Assistant Macomb Prosecutor Sunita Doddamani and below the sentencing guideline range of about 11 to 19 years behind bars.

Zorn last April 1 set two fires at the home of her 33-year-old ex-boyfriend in the area of 23 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue, while the man, two other adults and three young children were inside. The man smelled gas and saw the fires. He extinguished the blazes while the woman called 911, and they all fled to safety.

Police said they found Zorn watching the commotion from about a block away with two half-empty gas cans in her pickup truck.

Servitto said Zorn’s mental issues “weighed on the court” in determining a sentence.

“You have issues,” the judge told her. “This was absolutely inappropriate behavior.”

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2016/01/14/news/doc5697c7413e732868344964.txt

Back