• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
148m045.jpg

....prosecutors in a Canadian court introduced a very unusual piece of evidence in the murder trial of 46-year-old Brad Barton, who’s charged with killing a woman in 2011.

While the deceased victim, Cindy Gladue, was obviously not there to testify, chief medical examiner, Graeme Dowling, managed to incorportate Gladue’s vagina into his testimony.

The cause of Gladue’s death was “blood loss due to an 11-centimeter ‘perforating, sharp injury'” inside her lady parts.

She died in Barton’s Yellowhead Inn hotel bathroom.

The victim’s intimate anatomy was projected on large screens so jurors could examine the wound. At one point, Dowling even put on rubber gloves and moved the the body part around.

Based on the evidence, Dowling claims Barton used a sharp knife or broken piece of glass to cut the woman because the laceration was clean.

No other signs of struggle were shown on Gladue’s body.

According to the prosecutor’s opening statements, the victim was said to have been a sex worker who had relations with Barton a few days before her death.

The suspect called 911 after the attack, telling the dispatcher “a woman he barely knew was in his tub.”

Barton said nothing about their previous relationship and only admitted to meeting her earlier that night in the hotel bar and then allowing her to use his shower.

http://crimefeed.com/2015/03/vagina-as-evidence/

An unprecedented decision by prosecutors to submit a victim’s preserved tissue as evidence in a recent Edmonton murder trial has drawn criticism for both ethical and legal reasons.

During the first-degree murder trial of Brad Barton, the preserved vagina of victim Cindy Gladue was brought into court for experts to show jurors the details of the 11-centimetre wound that caused her to bleed to death in Barton’s Yellowhead Inn bathtub.

The trial hinged on whether the wound was caused by Barton’s fingers during sex, as he claimed, or a sharp weapon, as the prosecution argued. It was the first time human tissue has been accepted as evidence in a Canadian courtroom.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...in-cindy-gladue-murder-trial-comes-under-fire

Last edited:
Gladue's injury was accidentally caused by rough sexwhen he thrust his fingers into her,

He must have some sharp fingernails! I'm thinking that jury must have had some strange sexual experience to think that shoving a hand into a woman's vagina hard and sharp enough to cut her open is excuseable. DAMN!

Last edited:
An unprecedented decision by prosecutors to submit a victim’s preserved tissue as evidence in a recent Edmonton murder trial has drawn criticism for both ethical and legal reasons.

Not sure where the ethicality (is that a word?) comes in? If the vajayjay is sliced open it's sliced open. I've seen worse on Forensic Files. Maybe because it was preserved and not fresh?

11-centimetre wound that caused her to bleed to death
4 1/2 inches, deep enough to make her bleed out and a "clean cut". No way did a fingernail do that.

Edited to correct my drunken ruler, next time I'll just use google ;)

Last edited:
That's fucking bullshit. Poor woman. Buncha Barney Fife fucks.

Last edited:
I want the transcript, too (dream on *sigh*). Whether or not the cut was jagged or incisional would be a really big deal to me. I'd think if the guy had coke spoons for nails it'd be within the realm of possibility, but I'd seriously have to see some kind pic(s) of his nails the night he was arrested (if they took them at the scene, along w/his booking photo at the jail, *some*time before he cut/gnawed them off) along with the laceration.

If his nail(s) were strong and grown out a bit beyond the tip(s) of his fingers, if they aren't filed down, esp. the edges, I can maybe see the front edge or the side of his nail making an incisional, slice-type cut (no jagged edges). I've cut my own thumb with the side of one of my nails before checking the edges for smoothness when I was filing them and it was fairly deep and hurt like a beeeyotch. I'm kinda confused, though, b/c it doesn't say whether the cut was 11cm in length or 11cm deep. I'm assuming it's length. (?)

At any rate, IMO, I think the doc sectioning, preserving and bringing in her hooha for evidence was awesome. Pics, charts, medical models and graphs, including autopsy photos/stills, can often be kind of vague (even the blow ups) when it comes to showing actual interior damage, esp. with stab wounds, interior damage from gunshot wounds, etc.

Not trying to be insensitive (call me ghoulish, but nevuh insensitive!), but as far as I'm concerned, the more actual "parts" I'd have to examine as a juror, the better I'd like it. And they damn well better have plenty of gloves on hand cuz Imma tell the judge I wanna poke it (whatever part's on the overhead). Gotta poke it, lol.

Last edited:
@gatekeeper " if the guy had coke spoons for nails "

Thanks, never thought of that. I'm old school, straws always worked for us.

ETA: or maybe I'm just old:meh:

Last edited:
@gatekeeper " if the guy had coke spoons for nails "

Thanks, never thought of that. I'm old school, straws always worked for us.

ETA: or maybe I'm just old:meh:

LOL, not old at all. One friend in our group had a really pretty, blue glass vial with a spoon in the cap and another guy had his own sterling silver dragon straw, but everyone else just used reg. straws or a dollar bill. Except in one case, where we had a guy we called Latex Larry who kept getting his ass kicked for trying to lick the residue of everybody's pocket mirrors (that goofball guy you could always pay five bucks to eat anything? lol). I only tried it once, myself, and it was soooo incredibly awesome it scared the hell outta me and I never did it again. :angelic: + :devil: = :nailbiting: :joyful:

Son of a bitch! Let's go cut his weenie off and show it to the jurors. I am very pissy today.

I like you! You're scary...

Barton, 46, testified at his month-long trial that Gladue's injury was accidentally caused by rough sexwhen he thrust his fingers into her

Um....Yeaaaa I agree with @gatekeeper
Fucker must have had some crazy thick coke nails.... HOLY SHIT.
Keep your shit trimmed yo.(This could go for your nails and your bush THANK YOU VERY MUCH)

But if not coke nails, then the fucker is sick and used some other sharp object.

Hey ladies-is anyone else curled in a fetal position thinking about how bad that must have hurt? Either way, sharp fingernails or a sharp object-OUCH!

It really pisses me off when a murderer gets away with it. It shows utter disregard for the victim. Those bullshit "rough sex" excuses went out with the 90s. What the fuck, did they ship the Casey Anthony jurors in for the day?

And I don't want to hear this bullshit about the "ethics" of using the body part to show what happened. Motherfuckers are gonna debate ethics when a fucking murderer had no regard for human life?

I still expect better from Canada.

Have they really never, ever used the preserved tissues of a murder victim in a Canadian court before? Or is the person who wrote the article merely poorly informed about legal history?

I know that European courts saw quite or lot of victim tissues (especially bone) in the era before photography became widely used in forensic investigation........ It was the only way to show jurors what had happened.

Have they really never, ever used the preserved tissues of a murder victim in a Canadian court before?
Maybe they are putting it that way because of the exact preserved tissue used? Maybe this was the first time a preserved vagina has been brought into court?

Maybe they are putting it that way because of the exact preserved tissue used? Maybe this was the first time a preserved vagina has been brought into court?

The article does not say it is the first time a victim's preserved vagina has been submitted as evidence, though. It says "a victim's preserved tissue".

Maybe it is just poorly written.....

The article does not say it is the first time a victim's preserved vagina has been submitted as evidence, though. It says "a victim's preserved tissue".

Maybe it is just poorly written.....
It is just a guess because I was thinking the same thing that you were about the preserved tissues never being in evidence before. That was the only rationale I could come up with, poorly written and what they meant was it was the first time a preserved vagina was used in court.

Either that or the jury was a bunch of pussy ass bitches and can't handle the evidence right in front of them. What in the actual fuck? A clean cut like that was not made from no damned finger nails...

All I can think is once again, women in the sex trade are viewed as "less than" it never seems to go beyond what they do..Never who their clientele is. Its as if the clients of sex trade workers are viewed as lured almost, man wouldn't do this if woman wasn't offering..forget that its men who own strip clubs or that pimps are usually men..or that a living wage is next to impossible for an untrained or uneducated women. Women who fuck for free are "sluts" or for money are "whores" I am sick and tired of my female sisters being degraded for something that men have just as much involvement in, but they are called "johns". Hardly degrading. It is 2015 and we are still fighting this? Its wrong and it REEKS of hating women and its unfair and stupid.

Last edited:
I think using the preserved tissue and a video were awesome ways for the jury to actually see the injury and severity of it. I think the more clarity you give to a jury...the better they are at making informed decisions. I don't see a problem with it being admitted as evidence. Whats the difference between showing juries pics of crimes scenes where children and people and animals have been slaughtered?

My boyfriend has uber thick,strong fingernails and he usually leaves pretty substantial marks when he scratches my back(at my request because I am stupid itchy).That being said,we get rough and he never has even begun to damage me in any way.Stupid jury.

They probably picked jurors right out of the local looney bin. The more delusional the better. I can just see them in the jury box eating boogers, sucking their toes and grabbing at imaginary butterflies. Shame on Canada, eh!

Way to put Edmonton on the map ..
Holy fuck ..

The Yellowhead Inn is located in West Edmonton, not that far from where I work ..
I don't even recall hearing about this case ..

They need to use more victims' vaginas in court. It certainly garners some perspective in relation to the severe nature of these types of crimes.

They probably picked jurors right out of the local looney bin. The more delusional the better. I can just see them in the jury box eating boogers, sucking their toes and grabbing at imaginary butterflies. Shame on Canada, eh!

Perhaps there was more to the case then what this pitiful article provides. Perhaps some sort of object was used during the sex, something irresponsible and stupid but nothing that could be proven to have been nonconsentual.

That said, i think we need LESS vaginas in court. Women lawyers sound so damn annoying when they get all uppity and shit. Courtroom arguments are bothersome enough without a bunch of nagging thrown in.

Blame Canada! Blame Canada! Blame Canada! Yeah can't believe we let O.J. and Casey Anthony off too! Ohhhhh... wait a minute... awwwwkkkkwwwarrrd.

Back