• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
iit2PzM.jpg
BdIEUL1.jpg
A man has been charged with 25 child abuse offences following the death of a seven-year-old boy who died after he reportedly fell off a pogo stick in May.

Homicide detectives arrested Kodi James Maybir on Friday, after a three month investigation in to the boy's suspicious death.

The boy was known to the Department of Family and Community Services and died from unexplained head injuries.

His mother told police she found her son dead in the bedroom of an Oatley unit about 6.30am on Tuesday, May 21. In a statement to police at the time, she allegedly said "the boy fell off a pogo stick and hit his head while playing inside the unit and lost consciousness” the day before.
[...]

Strike Force Miretta detectives will allege Mr Maybir repeatedly abused the boy, struck him with implements, withheld food and water and made him sit outside in his underwear as punishment.

Police will allege Mr Maybir made several films that show the boy being punched and kicked. Detectives seized a laptop containing several films.

A court will hear Mr Maybir allegedly encouraged the boy's younger siblings to repeatedly assault him on video.

Some of the abuse allegedly occurred in a music recording studio in the Oately unit.

Mr Maybir works for a music recording company and was often referred to by his stage name which was “Kopri”.

Police have yet to lay any murder charges in relation to the boy's death.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-charged-after-boys-pogo-stick-death-20130920-2u5ar.html

General Kopri has survived the rugged journey called the Sydney Rap/Hip Hop scene for the past 11 years after his solo album release in 2010 the renegade has returned but this time the General Kopri means business!
With a fresh new look and still armed with his SWAT jacket, this exaggerated entertainer will have you wanting more and replaying his videos over and over..
For the past 3 years the General has been locked away preparing his second album here he is with his first hit single of the year Brighter Than The Brightest Day inspired by his ex wife who had an affair, Kopri got himself together and came back on fire.

From May 22, 2013
A Sydney mother told police her seven-year-old son lost consciousness after falling off a pogo stick but did not call emergency services until she found him dead in a bedroom 24 hours later.

Homicide detectives are investigating the suspicious death of Levai Bonnar, who died after apparently falling off a pogo stick and striking his head inside an Oatley unit.

Paramedics were called to a Mulga Road address after receiving a triple-0 call to a boy who was unconscious and not breathing just before 6.30am on Tuesday.

The boy's mother, Kayla James, has told police her son had fallen off a pogo stick inside the unit on Monday morning, but was breathing when she checked on him at 10.30pm on Monday.

In a police report, Ms James "claims the boy fell off a pogo stick and hit his head while playing inside the unit, and lost consciousness".

"Other children were present and [she said] he remained in that condition throughout the day and night. She wakes at 6.15am and finds him deceased."

Police are treating the death as suspicious and interviewed Ms James and her partner Kodi James Maybir at Hurstville police station.
[...]

"We are still looking at forensic evidence and what people have told us to figure out what happened," Chief Superintendent Shepherd said.

Police were said to be reviewing CCTV footage of a business situated near the complex where the boy died.

An employee from a business next door to the crime scene said CCTV footage showed a man walking out of the unit block with two green garbage bags "in a hurry" on Monday night.

The Nu-Life Digital TV Antenna Service employee said police were now reviewing the footage and he believed it was the only business nearby which had cameras.

A crime scene has been set up around the back of the complex and forensic officers searched inside green wheelie bins on Woronora Parade and Mulga Road on Tuesday.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pogo-stic...before-calling-paramedics-20130522-2k1n3.html

4xB3rJU.jpg

No charges for not getting him medical attention when they knew he had suffered a head injury and lost consciousness? I guess the bar is set pretty low for parental responsibilities in Australia.

Jesus Christ, what would possess anyone to treat a child like that? The mentality and cruelty of it all. Look at that precious boy. As a mother I can't fathom the thought that a mother wouldn't put the needs of her child before all else. There is no excuse. Hope this is the end of his sorry ass career.

Who plays on a pogo stick inside an apartment? Presumably, apartment ceilings aren't very high - therefore he couldn't have fallen from such a distance that would cause him to lose consciousness. If he was indeed using said pogo stick, they probably beat him for it which is why he is now dead.

Who plays on a pogo stick inside an apartment?
Having been the proud owner of several boys, I can tell you they will do just about anything, anywhere, any time. I actually had to make the rules of "No archery in the house" and "No gymnastics in the car". True story!

Presumably, apartment ceilings aren't very high - therefore he couldn't have fallen from such a distance that would cause him to lose consciousness.
Falling off a bike isn't a far distance but there is a reason we make kids wear helmets. Same with skateboarding and rollerblading. Neither involves height but do involve motion and falling... little different than a pogo stick.

If he was indeed using said pogo stick, they probably beat him for it which is why he is now dead.
Given the history of abuse, I don't for a second believe he died in a freak pogo stick accident. Sadly it is minimally plausible so they may by some time with the excuse. I hope the Medical Examiner can clarify the injuries. If not, there should eventually be charges related to the delay in calling for help.

Who plays on a pogo stick inside an apartment? Presumably, apartment ceilings aren't very high - therefore he couldn't have fallen from such a distance that would cause him to lose consciousness. If he was indeed using said pogo stick, they probably beat him for it which is why he is now dead.

Pogo sticks only bounce up a few feet off the ground. It would be easy to play with one inside, and plausible to knock yourself out by doing so.

Of course, I don't think that's what happened, but it is possible. Worst case, they will get neglect charges; best case, abuse can be proven so they can be punished accordingly.

I don't understand; the headline says not charged and the body of the story details the arrest?
He was arrested for child abuse for other actions but not charged for anything related to the death.

From the article @Kimberix posted
A MAN and his girlfriend are to be charged with the murder of the woman's seven-year-old son after what a Sydney court has already heard was ``deplorable, prolonged'' abuse.

Police said on Wednesday the 29-year-old man, who can't be named for legal reasons, and the boy's 25-year-old mother are being charged.

The boy was allegedly reduced to begging for water from shocked campers at an Illawarra camping site just two months before he was found dead on May 21, Parramatta Local Court was told at the man's September bail hearing.

The man was originally charged with 25 offences, including assault, child neglect, taking action resulting in injury or sex abuse and producing child-abuse material.

The mother is also expected to be charged with failing her parental responsibility to care for a child, common assault and producing child abuse material.
[...]
The boy and his two younger siblings had been previously well cared for, but police allege that changed dramatically after the family moved early this year to the man's studio, which was windowless and had no toilet facilities.

Several campers allegedly witnessed the boy being abused during the family's camping trip in March. He was seen sitting outside his tent one morning in cold weather, sobbing and wearing just a singlet and a towel around his waist, according to court documents.

The boy later approached a camper in the amenities block and gestured to be lifted up towards the tap.

Once placed under the tap, the boy ``drank and drank'', the camper later told police.

Campers also allegedly witnessed the boy being beaten with a tree branch and forced to run laps until he fell face-down on the ground.

One camper took a photo of the little boy showing a lump between his eyes and another on his forehead.

The campers later contacted Wollongong police, who started an investigation.

But two months later, the boy was dead.
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...r-and-stepfather/story-fnii5s3x-1226764170605

Holy crap. These people didn't give a flying rats ass about who saw them abuse this poor little boy. All abuse shocks me, but this just blows my mind how they were so willing to abuse the child out in public so brutally. I'm glad the people who saw it reported it but I'm really sad that it did nothing to save his life in the end. Yes I'm willing to bet the pogo stick had nothing to do with his death. His mother didn't take him to the hospital because she didn't want her piece of ass to get in trouble. Stupid bitch.

I have 4 sons and they share a pogo stick, for nearly a year now. And surprise of all surprises, they are all still alive and not once has one lost consciousness.

And exactly who has a child lose consciousness and they just what put them in bed for 24 hours or so, unconscious the whole time and NEVER once call for help or even a doctor to see what they should do?

Dumb cunt and to top it of she's pregnant again. She probably thinks this new baby will replace the one she helped kill.

She is more guilty than that pussy ass bastard. He singled out a 7 yr old to beat and recruited the boy's own siblings to help. He's a puny bastard just perfect for prison.

Does killing a child help your "street cred" in a rap career? Because I'm thinking that there are some rappers out there that may like a shot at him.

This is my first thread post ever, so if I messed anything up please let me know and I'll amend it. I did read the posting guidelines and also did a search on DD for this story, but couldn't find anything related, so I hope this isn't a repeat. (Go easy on me, I'm new.) ;) The abuse appears to have occurred back in 2013, but it is now beginning litigation and the names of those involved have not yet been released.

Allow me to add, these people make me truly sick...

AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 01:59 EST, 31 March 2015 | UPDATED: 11:37 EST, 31 March 2015

A mother who falsely told authorities that her seven-year-old son died after he had fallen off a pogo stick has pleaded guilty to his manslaughter, in one of the worst child abuse cases recorded in Australia.

Court papers revealed that the boy had been dead for some time - and rigor mortis had set in - before paramedics were called, and that he had suffered months of horrific abuse at the hands of his 26-year-old mother and, it will be alleged, her new God-fearing boyfriend.

Between January 2013 and his death in May that year, the boy was starved, beaten, forced to wear nappies, separated from his family and forced to run on a beach until the point of exhaustion.

In the months leading up to his death he was also forced to eat his own feces, stand on a coffee tin for hours and undergo ‘boot-camp’ style punishment.

When the seven-year-old finally died, wasted away, covered in bruises and his bones riddled with fractures, it brought an end to four months of horrifying physical torment, humiliation and abuse by the people he loved and trusted the most.

The boy, who was found dead by his mother the morning after she had ‘made love’ with her boyfriend near where he lay dying on the couch, had started off the last year of his life in good condition.

The physically small second grader was described as a ‘very quiet, timid, gentle, softly spoken child with a docile nature’ and good toilet skills and hygiene who had overcome a moderate intellectual disability to enter second grade in a school in Sydney’s southern suburbs at the beginning of 2013.

Video footage taken by his mother and her partner would chart the sickening reign of terror that would turn him into a cowering, fearful child weighing just 20kg and his body a mass of bruises, infected wounds and both fresh and healing bone fractures.

The mother, who was separated from the father of the boy and his two younger siblings, a sister, 5, and brother, 4, went to live with a new man less than a week after meeting him.

(...)

Soon after the woman began adopting religious views and a parenting philosophy of toughening the kids up in the way of the Spartans, as seen in the movie 300. But it was the eldest child who copped all the discipline.

On February 20, travelers on a train from Town Hall in Sydney to the southern suburbs observed the mother using a ‘very hard and aggressive’ tone with the boy as she put him through his paces with the alphabet.

The boy, who was only to attend 12 days at school during the majority of the four months leading to his death, recited the first five letters of the alphabet, but when he couldn’t get past ‘E’ was slapped ‘very hard’ by his mother repeatedly.

Observers said they felt ‘physically sick’ as they watched the woman slap him and, in the end, the kid just presented his arm up to his mother to be hit.

Video footage of the children in the studio during February shows repeated attempts to get them to confess that their father or maternal father had sexually molested them, to little avail.

(...)

In one video, the little boy’s brother and sister are encouraged to hit him as he shows obvious pain and fights back tears as he is being taunted for ‘faking’.

As his brother slaps the boy in the face again and again, he is told , ‘Oh it’s fun. You’re having fun’. As the victim gasps for breath, he is taunted with ‘that didn’t sound like a soldier to me’ and his brother is encouraged ‘give him a punch in the belly'.

(...)

In March the children went on a camping holiday at Bulli Beach south of Sydney, where other campers observed the boy distressed, sobbing and being yelled at for wetting or soiling his pants, and having ice put down his pants.

One woman saw the starving boy being forced to watch his siblings share a bacon and egg roll while he got nothing, and being fed only bread and water while the rest of the family had chicken rolls and cordial.

(...)

When they attended a church service in the Illawarra area on April 7, 2013, the pastors noted that the mother introduced only her younger two children and that the older boy looked sick, pale and had a shaved head and was ‘dressed like an old man in a grey suit’.

According to his five-year-old sister the boy ‘hit his head on the toilet’ and was hit on the head with a wooden spoon while being made to eat his own faeces.

She said the boy was made to ‘eat his poo and he got sick. He'd vomit and [name deleted for legal reasons] smack his face’. She said the boy ‘was crying’ and was told ‘to eat his poo again’.

At 6:12am on May 21, the mother called an ambulance.

This is the message she left: ‘Um, last night, oh yesterday afternoon my son was playing on a pogo stick he banged his head pretty hard. I cooled him down with water … and, um, he’s been sleeping, and I’m just, he’s not moving.’

Ambulance officers found the boy unresponsive and he was pronounced dead. When emergency services arrived the boy was in rigor mortis.

An autopsy found he died from swelling on the brain caused by a large haemorrhage, of the kind treatable when medical assistance is sought. He also showed signs of older injuries, including broken ribs and fractures to his left foot and a finger.

The horrifying details surrounding his death emerged on Tuesday when his mother pleaded guilty to a number of charges, including manslaughter, reckless wounding in company and possessing and disseminating child abuse material.

She also pleaded guilty to using a child in her care to produce abuse material. The Crown withdrew the charges of murder and neglect.

The mother, who cannot be named, pleaded guilty to more than a dozen charges when she appeared via video link from Silverwater Correctional from jail at Central Local Court on Tuesday. She is set to appear in the Supreme Court in May.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-claimed-fallen-pogo-stick.html#ixzz3W1j874Co

Last edited:
Great thread @amac!

No offense to our numerous Aussies :shy:, but ffs....

MANSLAUGHTER?!?!?! :mad: Seriously? "The crown withdrew the murder and neglect charges." :confused::eek:

Grow some balls Australia!!!

One more time, Oz is a great place. Not meant to offend anyone. But this story makes me nauseous.

Damn! Thanks for letting me know. I searched a bunch of terms since I didn't have the names and didn't see anything. Ok, does that mean I should delete this thread? Not sure how the policy works...
Nope, it's all good. I reported it and it will be merged with the original thread @Podargus cited as an update. Still a great update. :)

went to live with a new man less than a week after meeting him.
I felt the need to highlight this little nugget. Knew him for less than a week and moved her kids in with him and then they promptly began a campaign of terror on one of those children.

They both need bullets, many of them, starting at their toes and working their way up.

Another award-winning cunt salivating over a worthless dick.

I so wish I had complete immunity from the law so I could go kill motherfuckers like this.

If he's such a great "artist" why is he living with a woman and three children in a box? While ultimately it was the fault of the pig shits he was forced to live with, but it also seems like a lot of people saw a lot of bad stuff. But nobody stepped in to protect the little guy. (And what about school? He barely attended and no report was made?) I just don't understand why these twisted bastards pick on just one child. Even his brother and sister were forced to beat him. That little guy truly died all alone. That makes my heart hurt.

Another child pulled out of school to hide abuse. This cute little guy died a truly horrible death. I wish the same upon both of these monsters.

Another award-winning cunt salivating over a worthless dick.

I so wish I had complete immunity from the law so I could go kill motherfuckers like this.
Me too I would be killing motherfuckers daily!!! Only baby raping/abusing/ pieces of trash of course.

Was he delayed, learning impaired, autistic? Not sure why but something about his picture is bugging me. It could explain why he was targeted.

Back