• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

Mdzwbedb.jpg

FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) — One shot was fired early Tuesday as a guard wrestled with a prisoner, who then fled a northern Virginia hospital with a gun setting off an hours-long lockdown and search, police said.

A shot was fired during the struggle around 3 a.m. Tuesday at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Fairfax County Police Chief Ed Roessler said.

The prisoner, identified as Wossen Assaye, fled wearing a hospital gown near the room where he was being held, Roessler said. Assaye was being held on federal bank robbery charges involving a suspect who fled on a bicycle.

The U.S. Marshal's Service and police said that after Assaye overpowered the guard, he carjacked a vehicle. Police were searching for a 2002 silver Toyota sedan with the Virginia license plate XZP-8513 with front end damage.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Police-search-for-armed-prisoner-after-hospital-6169760.php

Assaye had been held by the nearby city of Alexandria on federal charges of armed bank robbery and was taken to the hospital situated about 15 miles (24 km) west of Washington after he tried to harm himself, according to police.

While at the medical center, Assaye overpowered the guard and took his gun, police said. One shot was fired, but no one was injured before the suspect fled wearing only a hospital gown, police said.

Authorities from state, local and federal agencies were assisting in the search. A lockdown at the hospital was lifted after it became clear Assaye was no longer inside the facility, and roads around the hospital also reopened, police said.

Dave Turk, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service, said the prisoner had been treated at the hospital since Friday.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-fled-virginia-hospital/ar-AAafAGn?ocid=HPDHP

QUOTE: Taken to the hospital situated about 15 miles (24 km) west of Washington after he tried to harm himself, according to police.

MAYBE HE'S STILL TRYING TO OFF HIMSELF? WHICH I PERSONALLY DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH AS LONG AS IT’S HIMSELF AND THE CAR ARE THE ONLY ONE'S HURT!

He was found in DC

By 10 a.m., officers were searching Annandale neighborhoods with a helicopter overhead and heavily armed officers on the ground. In one neighborhood, Spence Limbocker said he heard the copter, went outside and saw a massive police presence, including officers armed with assault rifles searching homes and nearby woods.

"They told me to get back in the house and lock all my doors. ... It was a little scary," Limbocker said.

Police sent numerous updates and lookout advisories on social media for Assaye and the carjacked vehicles. Roessler said the arrest occurred in southeast Washington without incident after a citizen saw Assaye and alerted authorities.

At a press conference Tuesday after Assaye was back in custody, U.S. Marshal for the Eastern District of Virginia Bobby Mathieson said he plans a review of the policies and procedures in place for guarding inmates at the hospital.

Still, he said, "two people should be able to guard a prisoner securely."

He said that to his knowledge, Assaye was shackled at the time of the escape, as policies require. But Mathieson had no explanation for how Assaye would have overpowered a guard while shackled or how he may have shed his handcuffs

http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2015/03/escaped_prisoner_found.html#incart_river

At a press conference Tuesday after Assaye was back in custody, U.S. Marshal for the Eastern District of Virginia Bobby Mathieson said he plans a review of the policies and procedures in place for guarding inmates at the hospital.

Still, he said, "two people should be able to guard a prisoner securely."

He said that to his knowledge, Assaye was shackled at the time of the escape, as policies require. But Mathieson had no explanation for how Assaye would have overpowered a guard while shackled or how he may have shed his handcuffs

I'm gonna guess, no he wasn't shackled to his hospital bed. Plus, if you say two guards, then how he was able to overpower A guard, I would say a review is appropriate.

Thank Gawd he didn't hurt anyone while on the run.

Back