• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
It's not everyone who appeals to strangers they pass on the road to give them an organ, and it's definitely not everyone who spots such an appeal, turns to his wife, and says, "Did you get her number? Text her right now." But two such strangers found each other on a road in Maine.........after 24-year-old Christine Royles scrawled this plea on her car window: "Looking for someone to donate me their kidney. Must have type O blood." Diagnosed with lupus-related kidney failure early last year, Royles went on a waiting list of 100,000; of those, some 17,000 a year get transplants. Not liking her chances, Royles tried her unusual approach. "My fiance thought it was kind of weird," she says.

Josh Dall-Leighton did not; he got in touch with Royles, and has since been identified as a potential match. "I started crying," Royles says of getting the news, "because, oh, my God, I can’t believe he’s gonna do this for me." Not only is the 30-year-old dad of three sons doing it—surgery is set for May—he's going to be on unpaid leave for about a month afterward. Dall-Leighton shrugs it off as the right thing to do; he notes that his own twins were born premature and had medical problems....... "I want these boys to know that if somebody needs help, you do whatever you can to help them," he says. "I want them to know these aren’t just words I’m telling them. That I actually did something to help somebody." A GoFundMeaccount is seeking to raise money for Dall-Leighton while he's out of work.......

http://www.newser.com/story/204724/woman-finds-kidney-donor-via-plea-on-car-window.html

:woot:

I love these stories! So happy we still have actual human beings among us walking, and especially to read it here on DD. Cause after a while I think I do forget that most people are civilized still....and most are compassionate people too. . . Unlike the shit bricks that make it to the FP. Thank you Josh Dall-Leighton. Bless you and your family.

His GoFundme page had a goal of $6,000 to cover his expenses while he was recouperating.

In 18 days they have collected $47,000.

<3

You know, I've been thinking about getting tested to see if I could be a living donor of anything. My little sister had a friend who died at 23 because he couldn't get an organ in time. It stuck with me. I've always been an organ donor on my license, but only recently dug into the topic of living donation... Insurance companies work together to make it as easy as possible, and I work for a supportive company. How good would it feel to know you saved a life?

And it's good to see his fundraising is nearing $50,000. Seeing how much that retarded pizza place has gotten makes me absolutely ill when there's stuff like this going on in the world. Christians... Pfffft...

Back