• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A 10-year-old alleged rape victim and her grandparents have died in a massive fire at their home just hours before her suspected attacker was set to go on trial.
Corrine Gump and her maternal grandparents, Judith Schmidt, 61, and William Schmidt, 63, who were both deaf, lost their lives in the early-morning blaze in Youngstown, Ohio on Monday.
Neighbors reported hearing loud explosions at 3.30am before the fire tore through the house.
Later that day, Robert Seman, Jr., 46, was set to stand trial on four counts of rape and four counts of gross sexual imposition.
Seman, himself a father to a two-year-old child, had been accused of abusing Corrine from when she was just four years old until she was eight, WFMJ reported, citing an indictment from a year ago.
Since April last year, he had been under electronically-monitored house arrest but on Monday his bond was revoked because he allegedly tried to bribe a witness in the rape case, WFMJ reported.
Authorities said he had not been taken back into custody because of the fire.
Investigators said they have found no evidence that the origin of the blaze was suspicious.
But because Corinne was an alleged victim, the Youngstown Police are involved in the investigation, Sergeant Ron Barber told WKYC.

[...]

Seman's trial has been delayed in light of the deaths but no new date has yet been set. He could face life in prison if convicted of the charges.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ents-die-house-fire-day-rapist-set-trial.html

Investigators said they have found no evidence that the origin of the blaze was suspicious.

What about those explosions? I can't believe this was just a coincidence. Either way, how awful.

Since it happened in Ohio, could they have had gas or oil heating, about the only thing I can think of that would cause an explosion.

Doesn't have to have been the POS that caused it, could have been any number of his supporters, the ones who don't think he could have possibly ever have done what he is accused of doing. Because you just know he has a few Tard Defenders. They always do. And some of them are capable of pulling shit like this.

Hinky. The trial was about to start, he had his bond revoked for trying to bribe a witness, now an explosion and fire. Just hinky.

it could all just be a tragic coincidence and accident or it could be something much more sinister.

There has got to be more going on behind the scenes. I can't believe Fate would be this vindictive toward a little girl.

Authorities said that they found the girl’s mom at a house in Canfield that is listed in court records as Seman’s house arrest address
Does that mean "mom" is hanging out with her daughter's rapist? Am I really reading that right?

What. The. Ever-loving. Fuck.

No level of Hell is enough punishment for the Mom, if she was fucking his nasty ass. Angel baby was treated worse than trash her entire life. R.I.P. Sweetheart

A
Hinky. The trial was about to start, he had his bond revoked for trying to bribe a witness, now an explosion and fire. Just hinky.

it could all just be a tragic coincidence and accident or it could be something much more sinister.

As Gibbs says 'I don't believe in coincidences'

Found this on a different link.Seems kind of strange to me.

Authorities said that they found the girl’s mom at a house in Canfield that is listed in court records as Seman’s house arrest address. Those same authorities told WKBN that they checked at that house earlier Monday and did not find the woman.

http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/3-dead-in-youngstown-fire/

From the link:
The victim’s mother contacted police March 10, 2014 to report that her daughter told her Seman had been engaging in sexual conduct with her for several years.

So the mother did report the abuse...but then is found at the suspects home...all kinds of WTF going on here o_O

Looks like she didn't want to lose her man, so she sent her kid to her grandparents house. Disgusting.

Well, her kid is dead now. So no making that difficult decision anymore. :penguin:

Update...

Autopsies scheduled for three victims of Youngstown house fire

7297085_G.jpg

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -The grandmother of 10-year-old Corinne Gump says she wants people to see the face and know the name of her granddaughter.

Marcia Braden tells 21 News that she is too distraught to appear on camera, but provided a photograph of Corinne Gump, who died in a house fire on Powers Way early Monday.

The South Range Elementary School fourth grade student was killed along with her grandparents, 63-year-old William Schmidt and his 61-year-old wife Judith.

Autopsies will be conducted on Tuesday. The Mahoning County Coroner says at this point there is no indication of overt trauma to the victims.

The investigation continues into whether the fire was suspicious or accidental.

The 10-year-old was killed on the same day that 46-year-old Robert Seman was scheduled to go on trial for allegedly raping the little girl when she was as young as four-years-old.

The death of the alleged victim abruptly delayed the proceedings.

However, Judge Maureen Sweeney revoked Seman's bond as detectives investigate an allegation that Seman tried to bribe a potential witness in the rape case.

Prosecutors tell 21 News that Corinne's mother voluntarily was questioned by police. She was not arrested. It is not clear what the questioning was in reference to.

Police will wait until they know if the fire is suspicious before deciding if they will discuss the deadly blaze with Seman, who has been on electronically monitored house arrest since last April.

Despite the timing, investigators say they haven't found anything to suggest that the fire was a criminal act.

A K-9 unit has not detected any traces of an accelerant at the scene of the blaze and authorities are fairly confident that the fire started in the basement of the south side home. They say the investigation is still in the early stages.

“We're just taking precautions. As of yet there's nothing to indicate that this was a criminal incident,” says Youngstown Police Detective Brad Blackburn.

Counselors at South Range Elementary School are on hand for students grieving the loss of their classmate.

“This could be the first time that any peer, relative, or family member ever dealt with death or dying. This may be their first experience unfortunately,” said superintendent Dennis Dunham.

Counselors will be available again on Tuesday.

Those who knew the victims came to the scene of the fire Monday night to pay their respects.

Many people brought flowers or stuffed animals to create a small memorial that began to take shape by sundown.

“Great people never bothered anybody. They were in fact deaf. They took in their grand kids often. Just great people,” said Paul Jones of Youngstown.

The section of Powers Way at the scene of the fire remained closed to traffic Monday night.

Published: March 17, 2014

Man arrested on child rape warrant

seman.jpg

Robert Seman Jr.

GOSHEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKBN) — Goshen Township police arrested Robert Seman, 45, of 6468 Calla Road, Green Township, on Saturday on a felony warrant for the charge of a rape of a 9-year-old.

The victim’s mother contacted Goshen police March 10 to report that her daughter told her Seman had been engaging in sexual conduct with her for several years.

Mahoning County Children’s Services was contacted to assist and interviewed the victim. After the interview, Seman’s 2-year-old daughter was taken from him and placed with family members. The Mahoning County Prosecutor’s Office then charged Seman with rape.

Seman was arrested in the early morning hours of Saturday and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.

7297085_G.jpg

seman.jpg

JFC. My lunch is ROILING in my f**king stomach. Just let me off this gd planet right now, please.

authorities are fairly confident that the fire started in the basement of the south side home

Isn't that where the gas meter or heating oil is kept? Could have leaked some gas or oil and then chunked in a lit cigarette, where's the incriminating evidence there? There's an arsonist's trick with a cigarette that starts fires long after the arsonist has left, can't remember exactly how it goes but I'm sure there's someone here that knows. I remember a Firefighter groupie in California (maybe) started alot of fires this way.

Awwww, just wook at his sad little eyes, he's alllll contrite and sorry and stuff.......:(

CAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Isn't that where the gas meter or heating oil is kept? Could have leaked some gas or oil and then chunked in a lit cigarette, where's the incriminating evidence there? There's an arsonist's trick with a cigarette that starts fires long after the arsonist has left, can't remember exactly how it goes but I'm sure there's someone here that knows. I remember a Firefighter groupie in California (maybe) started alot of fires this way.

Here ya go, Cubster, straight from the Animal Liberation terrorist website itself (pretty fascinating stuff, actually).

"Another simple way to start a fire is the cigarette delay. This entails taking a cigarette, and placing the end between two open books of matches, with the match heads against the cigarette. Tie them together around the cigarette with string or a rubber band. Place this between cardboard boxes, newspaper, or whatever other flammable stuff you care for. This method will give you a five to ten minute delay, but don't count on specific times."

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/ALFront/ALFPrime3.htm

Ok guys, this little girl died early Monday morning, police checked there after the fire and didn't find "mom", but found her there Monday AFTERNOON and brought her in then? Is that right? Because if it is, then I say mom was in on setting the fire. Wonder if the witness he tried to bribe was this little girl? Whether she was or not, he is one evil bastard and "mommy" is right there with him. R.I.P., grandmom, granddad, and baby girl. :(

i was thinking the same thing, I bet he had something to do with it, what are the odds?

This whole story makes me sick. That fat bastard deserves 3 cents of lead in his fukn head. Only after being raped and sodomized by J Unit. These selfish rotten sob's absolutely ruin young peoples lives for their own 2 min of selfishness. Plz let him get what he soooooo ohhhh deserves.

But I'm sure there's someone here that knows.
This is a tragic story, but this made me laugh out loud, and I really needed to, so thanks.

Even if the fire was a coincidence, what a freaking coincidence. Sounds like Corinne had grandparents who loved her! RIP grandparents and sweet girl.

Back