• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man who inflicted "catastrophic" injuries on a six-week old baby has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.

Steven Davidson admitted shaking the baby girl to her severe injury and danger of life at a house in Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, on 3 October 2012.

The 23-year-old was looking after the child while her mother was asleep.

The child, now aged two, cannot sit upright or communicate and needs round-the-clock care.

Defence counsel Ronnie Renucci said first offender Davidson had accepted full responsibility for the offence in "a truly tragic case".

He added that Davidson would regret it for the rest of his life.

He said Davidson had been suffering from toothache and had been up most of the night. The baby had been changed and was then sick and had to be changed again.

Mr Renucci said that in "a single moment of madness" he shook the child once and threw her down on a sofa.

Advocate depute Paul Kearney, prosecuting, outlined the consequences of the girl's injuries.

He said: "She has an acquired brain injury which has left her with a severe physical disability. She is not able to sit unaided and has restricted movement in her upper limbs.

"Although aged two she functions at the level of a child of four or five months. She can make sounds, but cannot speak. She is described as an engaging child and can smile, laugh and cry and use facial expressions, but is otherwise unable to communicate, even though she clearly wants to.

"The child cannot take solid food and will need a wheelchair."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-32131670

Seven and a half years is all that child's life is worth? Kid no longer HAS a life, just an existance. I hope loving people will care for her and show her the love, patience and caring she needs and enrich her life as much as they can. That nasty piece of shite needs to be locked up until he's too old to be a threat to anyone.

I hope he one day winds up in a nursing home where he is treated with the care and respect he showed that poor baby. I hate him a LOT!

That child's entire life, damaged beyond repair, because of some shit stain's momentary anger.

So the asshole had a toothache. Big fucking deal. Now that child is impaired for life. Let me into that prison so I can remove all the fucker's teeth, one at a time, with a pair of pliers.

Seven fucking years for causing that type of damage? Motherfucker should never see daylight again.

She is described as an engaging child and can smile, laugh and cry and use facial expressions, but is otherwise unable to communicate, even though she clearly wants to.

She wants to communicate but can't, that is just depressing. Imagine... I hope he gets shanked!

How fucking tragic for this little girl fuck this douche I hope he gets what he deserves before his sentence is up stupid fucker.

How sad for this little girl and her family. I have a lot of knowledge regarding brain injuries...my son had two...one at age 4 from equine encephalitis/meningitis and one at nine from being hit by a car. I saw first hand what a brain injury can do to a child. My heart goes out to this little girl. My son suffered significant brain damage and was partially paralyzed on one side...but he was back to age level in most areas after two years of speech and physical therapy and a preschool that specializes in kids with health impairments. After being hit by the car he landed in the road on his forehead...which caused additional frontal lobe damage leading to impulsivity and host of behavioral issues. The behavior problems were hell to deal with. He's grown now and a dad of five. Doing well. He still suffers from terrible migraines and other pain.

I hope over the years that this little girl gains the ability to communicate...it breaks my heart to know she can't. I hope like my son that with love and therapy she will get back some of the abilities she has lost. I'm disgusted this man only got 7 years for destroying this baby girl.

Okay, I just need to vent for a sec, so please bear with me....
WHY, why, why do these people get so little time for crimes like this in Europe? I see the trend of 7 years-15 years for some truly heinous stuff over there, while in the US, they would never again see the light of day.
It's just infuriating to me.
Just sayin'.

Okay, I just need to vent for a sec, so please bear with me....
WHY, why, why do these people get so little time for crimes like this in Europe? I see the trend of 7 years-15 years for some truly heinous stuff over there, while in the US, they would never again see the light of day.
It's just infuriating to me.
Just sayin'.
Ive seen child murederers in the U.S get slaps on the wrist with nothing more then a few years jail time, and MAYBE a few years probation, all possibly suspended or null for time served, bottom line is no matter where in the world it happens its the child who loses

Well here we go fucking again.."put her down". You must be one sadistic woman hating POS. Sure, finish the job for the abuser ya sick fuck, forget medical advances, or that this beautiful "girl" could save the world some day nah just kill her for being a victim of some sick fuck. Its because she's female. I see what you are.

She wants to communicate but can't is the saddest thing I've ever read. Who knows what wonderful things this child is dreaming of with no way to express it. I pray that more and more advances in brain injury can give this child and so many like her a chance to become who they were created to be.

or that this beautiful "girl" could save the world some day

Doubt it, she's essentially a vegetable now. I'd want to be put out of my misery if i were in such a state.

Nice absurd, baseless overreaction though. Very intelligent and reasonable response.

Back