• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
I've read several stories over the years of tapeworms in the brain, they all seriously gross me out. Today, I learned you can get them by eating live frogs. Ewwwww. :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Photos of the giant-sperm-looking worm and its unfortunate host can be viewed at the source link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...e-frogs-child-8cm-parasite-removed-brain.html

A woman who ate live frogs as a child had to have a 8cm-long parasite removed from her brain.
Yin Meng, 29, had been complaining of headaches for six years when she keeled over at work.

She was rushed into hospital in Zhaoyang County in south-western China's Yunnan Province.
There, doctors discovered something growing inside her brain.

During surgery, they removed the thin, 10cm-long white parasite.
A hospital spokesman said: 'The woman was found to be suffering from a parasitic infection called
Sparaganosis can be contracted by drinking contaminated water, or eating a carrier of the infection such as a frog or a snake.

Upon waking and being told about her condition, the patient immediately realised what had happened.
'She said that when she was a child, around five-years-old, she used to catch and eat the live frogs with her grandmother, which must be how she contracted the parasitic infection,' the spokeswoman said.
'She said she could remember the feeling of the frog 'jumping' as it went down her throat.
She added: 'The damage to her nervous system is quite extensive but we hope we can prevent it from being permanent as the brain has an amazing capacity to heal itself.'

No....Can't watch...Won't watch....
I freaking watched. It wasn't horrible.....
I HATE things that are capable of burrowing into your skin or anything of the like. NO

Fuck, what is this world coming to? Now I have to give up frog-eating? Damn, nothing is safe anymore.

Maybe Monsanto can produce a better frog.

I think I'm gonna do a Howard Hughes and start wearing gloves. Fuck everybody else and their damned germs and parasites!

I read this days ago but I'm having trouble getting past it. She felt "the frog jumping as it went down her throat."

She didn't chew it? How small was the frog? A 5 year old throat is really small. But why would she make it up? :bored:

I read this days ago but I'm having trouble getting past it. She felt "the frog jumping as it went down her throat."

She didn't chew it? How small was the frog? A 5 year old throat is really small. But why would she make it up? :bored:
Some frogs are the size of a pea. Not all frogs are huge. If you watch someone swallow a bigger frog, they hang onto one set of feet. It makes the frog thin and stretched out so you can slurp it like a noodle :)

Chinese people are fuckin disgusting. What a garbage culture.

The ethnic woman in spqas vid is quite attractive.

Back