• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A mother apparently killed her 2-year-old son in the bathroom of a Midtown restaurant Monday, police sources said.

The 35-year-old mother, identified as Latisha Fisher, locked herself and her son Gabriel Ortiz inside a restroom of Five Boro Burger on Sixth Ave. at W. 36 St. around 2:25 p.m., police sources said.

When a woman walked into the bathroom and saw the mother holding her hand over the baby’s mouth, Fisher said “I put my hand over his mouth to put him to sleep,” according to the sources.

The mother allegedly held her hand over the baby’s mouth inside the bathroom of Five Boro Burger in Midtown, police sources said.
[...]
When workers forced open the door, the child was unconscious and foaming at the mouth, according to police sources.

"I would describe her as soulless,” a law-enforcement official said of Fisher when asked if the mom seemed distraught. "She put her hand over his mouth and smothered him."

Little Gabriel was rushed to Bellevue Hospital where he died, police said.

The mother was taken into custody at the scene, according to sources and witnesses.

"She didn't seem too distressed, kind of had her head down,” said Marcus Comeau, 35, who happened to walk by the restaurant and saw the mom being taken out in handcuffs.

Last edited:
I've wanted to do this before, but fast food restaurants are filthy and I'd have to sit on the floor to get the right angle....

I've wanted to do this before, but fast food restaurants are filthy and I'd have to sit on the floor to get the right angle....

I agree. I'm surprised more children aren't killed in restaurants and grocery stores.

:hilarious:

From the link in the first post:

"When a woman walked into the bathroom and saw the mother holding her hand over the baby’s mouth, Fisher said “I put my hand over his mouth to put him to sleep,” according to a police official.

"At some point the woman locked herself in the bathroom."
At some point??? Who walks into a bathroom and sees someone smothering a child, then walks back out again without ripping this bitch's arm right off her body first?

Someone else can post a picture of that bitch of a mother. It's her son I wanna remember not her.

This seems rather impromptu, random and disorganized.

Why would any coherent person do this in a public place and not expect repercussion of some sort?

The human mind never, ever ceases to amaze me.

later “blamed the devil for what she did,” the cop source said.

As the tragedy started to unfold, a woman walked into the bathroom and saw the mother holding her hand on the boy’s mouth, but Fisher told her: “I put my hand over his mouth to put him to sleep,” according to a police source.

At some point, the mother locked herself in the bathroom. Customers and employees eventually became worried when the line to the toilets grew long.

When workers forced their way inside, the child was unconscious and foaming at the mouth, according to the sources.

They said Fisher tried to swat away attempts by the restaurant staff to perform CPR on the limp toddler.

“I would describe her as soulless,” a law enforcement official said when asked if the mom seemed distraught. “She put her hand over his mouth and smothered him.”

Another sickened police source said: “She is a lunatic. She is crazy.”

Gavriel was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he died, cops said. The mother was taken into custody at the scene. Charges against her were pending early Tuesday.

“It’s hard, it’s really unbelievable. I know my daughter loves her son,” said the boy’s maternal grandmother, Merial Fisher, 54, as the fought back tears. “I don’t know what happened. It’s just so sad.”

Of Gavriel, she said: “He was such a happy baby.”

She said Fisher has another son, who is 12, from a different dad. She added she doesn’t know where that boy is living.

“Right now the family is in mourning,” said Miriam Lozada, whose son Luis Ortiz is little Gavriel’s father.

“I’m going to miss my sweetheart, miss my boy, I’m going to miss him so much,” the tot’s grandma said through sobs.

She said Fisher appeared like a normal mom, adding: “There were never any signs.”

Fisher’s Facebook page, where she goes by the name Lola Honey, is filled with photos of her baby and family. Her extensive postings included an increasing number of inspirational messages, words of gratitude and hints at moodiness in recent days.

“How did everything change on me. I went to sleep feeling well,” she wrote four days ago.

“Be gentle with yourself, you’re doing the best you can,” said a March 22 post.

Neighbors at Fisher’s Pitt St. apartment building described her as tumultuous with a violent streak. One said loud music and the smell of weed would emanate from her flat.

A few recalled an older child has been taken from Fisher and said she knifed a family member a number of years ago.

“I think she just went cuckoo on whoever was up there,” neighbor Carolyn Lawson, 47, said of the stabbing. “She needs help. It doesn’t make sense. I think she was on medication for whatever problem she had, but I’m assuming she wasn’t taking her meds.”

The city’s Administration for Children's Services would not say if the agency was involved with the family and didn’t comment on the possible removal of another kid.

Neighbors said Fisher lived with Gavriel’s father and was seen doting on her child in the building.o

“That’s so sad,” said a woman who declined to give her name. “How could you hurt your baby?”

Some of Fisher’s neighbors burst into tears when they heard the tragic news.

“He was a beautiful baby. He was very happy. Oh, my God,” one woman said. “I just brought him a stuffed animal the other day. A little bunny with some chocolate, for Easter.”
http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/n...2-midtown-restaurant-police-article-1.2167535

Last edited:
I'm not quite ready to completely shred grandma yet (although I do have nine fingers wrapped around the shredder), but there's a verified history of one child being taken away (likely as an endangered child/abuse/neglect, etc.), a past history of overt violence "knifing a family member," and apparently a history of taking some sort of mental health/psych meds for emotional instability, and yet EVERYone is in shock with the "there were never any signs" aka "ain't my responsibility" and denial bullshit. Grandma, I believe you love your daughter and your dead grandson, but where the actual F**K do you fit into this picture as ANYbody's hero?

Clearly this woman had problems and it sounds like her mom was more an enabler than helper.
Someone else should have had responsibility of Gavriel instead of just expecting her to do it becoz she was his mom. That's not how it works and especially not what you do when mom is fucking psycho. Take off the rose colored glasses and see her for what she is.

This woman saved the State of New York several hundred thousand dollars in future court and department of corrections costs. We all know, with a mother such as this, this child was headed into a life of criminality. She should have undergone an abortion two and a half years ago.

Last edited:
This woman saved the State of New York several hundred thousand dollars in future court and department of corrections costs. We all know, with a mother such as this, this child was headed into a life of criminality. She should have undergone an abortion two and a half years ago.

Oh now, Petri. That's a bit jaded. Won't it be a hoot when the guy who puts in the codex and hits the GO button to destroy the whole blessed planet turns out to be a W.A.S.P.? :smuggrin: :kiss:

December 19, 2016

A Manhattan woman accused of murdering her 1-year-old son turned up her nose at two separate plea deals Monday and is headed to trial.

“You’re sure?” a dumbfounded Judge Gregory Carro asked shackled Latisha Fisher, who whispered a barely audible “yes” in response.

Prosecutors and Judge Carro offered the schizophrenic woman a choice between 22 years flat behind bars, or 15 years to life last Thursday.

“The people’s offer is actually better,” the jurist told a stone-faced Fisher after her attorney, Brian Konoski, told the court she wished to head to trial.

“You’d be guaranteed to get out earlier, with the people’s offer,” he added. “You could be out in just 18 and a half years if you behave.”

But the 36-year-old–who previously told cops she “didn’t deserve to live” for what she’d done– remained unmoved by the judge’s attempts to explain the offers.

Fisher will return to court for hearings and trial Feb. 8.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/19/mom-accused-of-killing-1-year-old-son-rejects-plea-deals/

Is jail the best placement for schizophrenics? What type of crazy does one have to be for incarceration in a mental hospital. Will she get treatment in prison? Should I even care?

She has to be going for an insanity defense. There is no other possible way she could get less than the people's offer. And that's a pretty heavy gamble.

As her trial was set to begin Monday, a deranged mom pleaded guilty to smothering her 1-year-old son in a Midtown burger joint.

Latisha Fisher, 38, copped to one count of first-degree manslaughter in exchange for 18 years in prison as part of a plea deal.

The mom, who suffers from schizophrenia, faced up to life in prison if convicted of the top charge of second-degree murder.

Fisher was arrested in March 2015 after she was discovered in the bathroom of 5 Boro Burger, holding her son, Gavriel Fisher, who was foaming from the nose and turning blue, authorities said.

“The devil made me do it,” Fisher allegedly told responding cops. “I was afraid that someone was going to eat him,” she bizarrely claimed.

“I was protecting him. I put him to sleep with my hand,” she said.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/30/mom-pleads-guilt-to-smothering-1-year-old-son-in-burger-joint/

The Devil again? Well, we'll just arrest his ass instead. You're free to go.

RIP lil angel

A 38-year-old New York City mother who admitted to smothering her 20-month-old son in the restroom of a Manhattan burger restaurant on Monday was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Latisha Fisher pleaded guilty last month to manslaughter in connection to the March 2015 death of her son, Gavriel Ortiz-Fisher, which at the time of her arrest she blamed on the devil.

‘Gavriel Ortiz-Fisher never reached his second birthday because of his mother’s unconscionable act,’ said Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance. ‘While the fatal suffocation of a child at the hands of his own mother is a tragedy that can never be undone, I hope this lengthy prison sentence gives the victim’s grieving family some sense of closure.’

At her sentencing on Monday, Fisher was photographed sobbing while seated at the defense table. The New York Times reported she was heard repeating: ‘I am sorry. I love my son.’

State Supreme Court Justice Gregory Carro sentenced her to 18 years in state prison, with credit for the two-and-a-half years she had spent in jail, followed by 10 years of probation.

Gavriel's biological father, Luis Ortiz Jr, and the toddler's grandfather, Luis Ortiz Sr, were both present for Fisher's sentencing and were seen wiping away tears.

Fisher was arrested on March 30, 2015, after she was discovered by restaurant staff at 2.30pm in the bathroom of 5 Boro Burger sitting on the toilet and holding her son, Gavriel.

The toddler was foaming from the nose and his lips were blue. FDNY first responders who were summoned to the eatery by restaurant staff transported the boy to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour later.

The New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner later ruled that the child’s death was a homicide as a result of smothering.

The New York Post previously reported that Fisher suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and had a violent past. After her arrest, she told police the devil made her do it.

She claimed she was protecting Gavriel from someone who wanted to eat him by putting him to sleep with her hand.

Fisher was recommended for an alternative sentencing program after pleading guilty for the 2011 stabbing of her aunt.

In September 2014, a court-appointed social worker said that she was 'a poster child for an alternative to incarceration program' and had 'adjusted very well to the demands of new motherhood'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5101693/Mom-sentenced-18-years-smothering-toddler-son.html

468C95F700000578-0-image-a-58_1511211543302.jpg

Back