• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

xOtWZJz.jpg

Minneapolis police searching for a missing college student Sunday have reported finding the young woman’s purse near a bar where she was last seen early Friday.

Jennifer Houle, 22, was last seen around 1 a.m. at the Blarney Bar, a popular student hangout near the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus in Minneapolis.

Purse belonging to Jen Houle was located Friday/3:00 am,” Minneapolis Police Public Information Officer John Elder said on Twitter late Saturday afternoon. He said the block where the purse was found is about three blocks from the bar.

KSTP-TV reported late Saturday that Houle ran into an ex-boyfriend at the bar.

“That kind of set off some emotions,” Houle’s friend, Brooke Lavan, told the station. The station said Lavan and Houle went to the bar together and ended up getting separated.

“Her purse and phone were found in the middle of the street near her apartment building, which is a few blocks down from Blarney’s,” Lavan said. “So a lot of us think she may have tried to walk home from Blarney’s.”

Police told the station they have interviewed a lot of people who know Houle, including an ex-boyfriend.

“We are actively pursuing leads that we have generated through the investigation,” Minneapolis Police Public Information Officer John Elder told FoxNews.com Saturday. “We are still looking for her. We do not know her whereabouts."

Pi Beta Phi posted a photo of Houle on its Facebook page in the outfit she was wearing when she disappeared.

Police said Houle is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, weighs 140 pounds, and has long blond hair. She was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, green blouse, black leggings and black boots.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/29/minneapolis-police-find-purse-missing-college-student/

When this first came out people were wondering why they were making a big deal out of a 22 year old missing for less than 24 hours, and then the information about her purse and now the ex.

Hoping for the best. Such a pretty girl.

Last edited:
Timeline Photos - Minneapolis Police Department | Facebook
Police ask for Public Help in Locating Missing Woman

March 28, 2015 (MINNEAPOLIS) The Minneapolis Police Department is seeking the public’s help in locating a missing adult female. Jennifer Houle/DOB: 11-11-1992 was last seen March 27, 2015 at the Blarney Bar in Dinkytown sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 am.

Houle is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 140 pounds, with long blond hair worn in the style pictured below. She was last seen wearing a light gray jacket, green blouse, black leggings, and dark high heel shoes.

Anyone with any information about this case is asked to call 9-1-1 or send a text to 847 411 (tip 411), enter MPD and the tip or call the tipline at 612-692-TIPS (8477). All texts are anonymous.

Media Contact:
John A. Elder
612-673-3829 Office
612-578-4322 Mobile
john.elder@minneapolismn.gov
@MPD_PIO

Flier of missing University of Minnesota student Jennifer Houle...

Jennifer Houle: Missing Minnesota University student

jenniferhouleposter.jpg

And here’s a link to the Facebook page devoted to the search for Houle...

Video evidence shows a 22-year-old college student who vanished on a night out last week entered the Mississippi River from a bridge shortly afterwards, police have revealed.
Authorities in Minneapolis are now searching the river for Jennifer Houle's body.
They are not declaring the case a suicide as her body has not yet been recovered, and any cause of death would be released by the Hennepin County medical examiner, they said.
But police said a video shows Houle alone on the 10th Avenue bridge before she entered the water in the early hours on Friday and no suspects are being sought in connection with the incident.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ppeared-night-captured-video-going-river.html

Police search river for missing U student
The search for missing University of Minnesota student Jennifer Houle has shifted to the Mississippi River after video showed the 22-year-old entering the river from a Minneapolis bridge early Friday morning.

Authorities said Monday that the Lake Elmo native is now presumed to be dead.

Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder wouldn't say whether the video showed Houle jumping or falling into the water from the 10th Avenue Bridge.

Police were not looking for any suspects in connection with her disappearance. Elder said Houle, who was identified by her clothing in the video, was alone.

"We extend our deepest condolences to the Houle family and all of Jennifer's many friends," police said.

The Hennepin County sheriff's office was searching the river and shore downstream from the bridge, spokeswoman Rebecca Gilbuena said.

Police described the search as a "water recovery effort." Gilbuena said the sheriff's office was simply approaching the effort as a search.

She said the search began over the weekend, including much of the day Sunday, after reports that Houle was last seen a few blocks north of the bridge. Police said bridge camera video reviewed Sunday night showed Houle entering the river.

The bridge is about 110 feet above the water.

Searchers were using sonar and a remote-controlled underwater vehicle. Joining the search were the Anoka and Ramsey County sheriff's offices, and the Minnesota State Patrol.

Houle, a Carlson School of Management Student and Pi Beta Phi sorority member, was last seen at the Blarney Pub in Dinkytown between 1 and 2 a.m. Friday. Elder said she went into the river sometime before her purse was found at 3 a.m.

The purse was in the 1100 block of Fourth St. S.E., about two blocks west of the bar and a few blocks north of the bridge.

Houle graduated from Stillwater Area High School. Her family has asked for privacy.

Danita Brown Young, the university's vice provost for student affairs and dean of students, said in a news release Monday that the university is "deeply saddened to learn the news."

The university is offering counseling services for all students and staff, and specifically for Pi Beta Phi sorority members.

A vigil for Houle was planned for Tuesday night at sunset on the front plaza of Coffman Memorial Union on campus.

What on earth took place when she ran into her ex that could possibly have led to this? :(

No man (or woman) is worth killing yourself over.

What on earth took place when she ran into her ex that could possibly have led to this?
Maybe she saw him out with another girl and that was just more than she could handle? I don't know, it's just sad, a permanent solution to a temporary problem.:(

If it was definite that she jumped off the bridge wouldn't it be reported like that? I mean I have read tons of "man jumps off bridge to death" headlines. She "entered" the river is very odd to me.

Maybe she was running from someone and fell?

If she did commit suicide, that is so fucking sad. Especially if it was over heartache.

She "entered" the river is very odd to me.
If the video includes a shot of the water but not the point on the bridge where the lady fell, jumped or was pushed. So if the film only includes footage her body "entering" the water, not the cause of the fall, that would explain the words used in that sentence. It would explain why they need to search the river, but no explanation of why it happened.
Need more facts.

Alcohol is a depressant. She was at a bar partying with friends so I presume she was drinking. Seeing the ex...perhaps with another woman set off a roller coaster of emotions on top of a few drinks. She made a very impulsive emotional choice. I too wish she had known "this too shall pass". No man is worth taking your life.

Ladies, never kill yourself over a guy. I don't care if he's as charming, witty, handsome, strong, funny and humble as me- I'm not worth it so neither is he.

Edit: even if he IS as good as me in the sack too...

I feel bad for this ex. You know her whole family and their entire circle of friends were and prob still are looking evil at him. He may never fully live this down. Disgusting what this woman has done.

Back