• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Rick is just done with all the attitudes and Zombie crap, you get one chance and after that he's gonna kill yo' ass!

I cried too, Aerysta.

Did anyone watch Talking Dead? Robert Kirkman and Emily Kinny were both on. She was still so upset she kept breaking down. I felt so bad for her.

Yeah I cried like a big ol' baby. I knew what Beth was gonna do when she pulled those little scissors from her cast and then Dawn the big ol asshole shot her!! But then Daryl put her down like the dog she is! Dawn was not wanting respect, she wanted to be in charge, liked being in charge and would be in charge no matter what she had to do to stay in charge. Poor Maggie was so happy that they had found Beth, only to be greeted with that sight when they pulled up.

I know, I was lost last night. Finally ended up watching some stupid reality shit.

I really liked last nights episode - better than last weeks. My daughter and I were jumping up and down and screaming during the Daryl scene. I don't believe anyone can be trusted anymore. People have already morphed into complete survival mode, kill or be killed. They should have gone with Rick's plan from the get go.

This is the attitude we have on most PVP servers when playing DayZ, sadly (DayZ is a Zombie Apocalypse type video game for those not in the know). KoS (Kill on Sight) usually. Anything to do with Zombinom survival. Whether video game, tv show, or movie.

And in this show, it is all about survival now. I think you're right though. I see that happening. They are just done with the 'nice' and have moved on. I'm pissed about the season's ending episode though..... :(

~shadow

So....
I have mixed feelings about the new episode.
It appears that darker days are coming.
If you read the graphic novels, then it appears Negan and the Whisperers are coming to fuck their world up.

So....
I have mixed feelings about the new episode.
It appears that darker days are coming.
If you read the graphic novels, then it appears Negan and the Whisperers are coming to fuck their world up.

I liked it! It was very sad though. I feel so bad for Sasha.

Horrible episode. Aside from a couple of good zombie kills, the entire episode was god-awful. But at least they finally got rid of Tyreese. The only thing left for him to do had he stayed, was to start breast-feeding that baby.

Horrible episode. Aside from a couple of good zombie kills, the entire episode was god-awful. But at least they finally got rid of Tyreese. The only thing left for him to do had he stayed, was to start breast-feeding that baby.

Hey I liked Tyreese! He was a nice guy. I cried this episode.

I will admit it was cracked out though.

I'm just glad the show is back on.

I had to Netflix back because I couldn't remember when Tyreese came in. He came in with sister Sasha and another couple and Rick wouldn't let them stay at the prison.

THIS is the worst episode. They're reduced to eating worms and dogs. Everybody's down and they can't find any water.

That's really annoying to me. They're supposed to be 60 miles south of DC. Besides all the lakes and creeks, they'll have to cross the Rappahannock River. They can lose someone right there trying to get some water, that river is a killer, because it's so swift. They seem to going out of their way not to be tripping over water and housing developments. :mad:

ETA I tried put "dogs" as a spoiler, but it will only do the whole post. Sorry pups.

Last edited:
I agree with this statement.
I have not liked his character since he came onboard.
I did like how they gave an internal view to his character. Probably the only time I have enjoyed seeing Tyreese on the TV.
However....
The episode from last night redeemed my ambiguous Tyreese death episode feelings. I love how bleak they made things look for the group. I think when Tyreese died it signified a death of the last bit of hope they had left after Beth.
A couple of seasons back, Rick slapped a can of dog food out of Carl's hand when he was about to eat it. Oh, how things have changed!
And of course the classic,"We are the walking dead.", pleased me. I'm seeing a large shift towards the original. Not enjoying Daryl presently, they are really playing up that swoonie sensitive tough guy thing. If you know who Aaron is, then it makes Daryl look like a big ol' dumbass.
Spoilers ahead.....(I never liked that damned button!)........

The Alexandria Safe Zone is coming! Which means Negan is coming! Negan makes the Governor look like a pussy.

:finger: In my opinion, this is one of the better episodes of the entire series. Good stuff is coming.

In my opinion, this is one of the better episodes of the entire series. Good stuff is coming.

I have to disagree with you there. I thought, once again, the show was another colossal waste of time. Things are bleak. Yeah, we got it. We've been beaten over the head with it every season. There was no progression here aside from a cliched question of faith, answered by a storm that saved them and a magical music box. Blah! Blah, I say! It was like they wasted an hour to introduce that new character.

I have to disagree with you there. I thought, once again, the show was another colossal waste of time. Things are bleak. Yeah, we got it. We've been beaten over the head with it every season. There was no progression here aside from a cliched question of faith, answered by a storm that saved them and a magical music box. Blah! Blah, I say! It was like they wasted an hour to introduce that new character.

Meh.
It's the zombie apocalypse. Things are going to be bleak. They haven't shown the group together on the road in some time. This to me was one of the more accurate portrayals of how demoralized they are. After the fallout from all of these new deaths, it is nice to see the divergence in personality many of the characters have taken. The whole point of the graphic novels/comics was the development of these characters throughout the trials and tribulations they experienced. Particularly Rick and Carl.
The zombie killing is nice, but you can't just flesh out a story with zombie kills entirely. The way they interact with one another weighs heavily into the storyline and IS the story line. This is not a zombie story. This is a human story.
I didn't care for the music box. It did signify how they are still trying to cling to their own ideas of humanity and connect with some joy left from society's past.
I didn't care for the question of religion and faith. Father Gabriel is there. Can't expect much different from his mentality at this time. He is still in the early stages of gripping what is really going on. As religious people go in general, he follows in the path of questioning yet seeking justification for the his beliefs.
The tornado wasn't about God to me. It was about how all of these battered people with emotional trauma and anger at the world, themselves, and each other still chose to stand unified together to protect each other. Because all they have is each other.

Or as Mr.Sky likes to say....it's a damn undead soap opera. The zombie version of The Young and the Restless. He's got an excellent point there.

The zombie killing is nice, but you can't just flesh out a story with zombie kills entirely. The way they interact with one another weighs heavily into the storyline and IS the story line. This is not a zombie story. This is a human story.

Which is my entire point,. There has been NO human story. There has been no character arc, aside from Carol - the only character to have changed almost completely since the first season. Everyone else? Dead or the exact same way they have been since we were introduced to them.

So because they finally show signs of being weary, after all of these seasons, that redeems the show? Pshaw! That's what I loved about the comic... when Kirkman found he could go no further with the cast of characters, he killed 80 percent of them off in one fell swoop and started over. The show? It just keeps plodding along. Walking Dead indeed.

Which is my entire point,. There has been NO human story. There has been no character arc, aside from Carol - the only character to have changed almost completely since the first season. Everyone else? Dead or the exact same way they have been since we were introduced to them.

So because they finally show signs of being weary, after all of these seasons, that redeems the show? Pshaw! That's what I loved about the comic... when Kirkman found he could go no further with the cast of characters, he killed 80 percent of them off in one fell swoop and started over. The show? It just keeps plodding along. Walking Dead indeed.

*blink*
How can you say that?
Some of the characters were actually given more of an arc than they ever had. Kirkman even stated that he loved the arc they gave Shane and others.
Story/character arc doesn't necessarily have to represent drastic change.
The tone of the show has diverged significantly from the comics in many ways. I appreciate it for that. Not just a regurgitation of what Kirkman wrote.
And boy, did he ever love to kill people off. Which isn't necessarily good for a television series' fan base.

The two most abysmal failures in characterization for me so far have been Tyreese and Andrea. They still helped the story move along in their own way though. Daryl is getting there for me.

Some of the characters were actually given more of an arc than they ever had. Kirkman even stated that he loved the arc they gave Shane and others.

I'm talking about this core group. Giving a character some screen time immediately before you kill them off don't count. I mean, come on. Maggie, Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn? These characters have been around for three to five seasons and I cannot tell you one thing about their personalities.

Someone could start watching this show for the first time this Sunday, and all you would need to tell them beforehand is that there was a zombie outbreak and these are a group of survivors. Rick is the leader, Michonne can use swords, Daryl is good with a crossbow, Maggie and Glenn fuck, and Carl is...well, big for his age. They walk around the woods a lot and have a habit of fucking things up for other survivors who are doing better than they are. They would catch on in 15 minutes.

I agree with this, but would also toss in Dale.

I strongly considered throwing Dale in there as well. I didn't solely because of his one stronghold. He acted as a moral compass to the group until Herschel came along. I can get behind what you're saying there though.

I'm talking about this core group. Giving a character some screen time immediately before you kill them off don't count. I mean, come on. Maggie, Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn? These characters have been around for three to five seasons and I cannot tell you one thing about their personalities.

Someone could start watching this show for the first time this Sunday, and all you would need to tell them beforehand is that there was a zombie outbreak and these are a group of survivors. Rick is the leader, Michonne can use swords, Daryl is good with a crossbow, Maggie and Glenn fuck, and Carl is...well, big for his age. They walk around the woods a lot and have a habit of fucking things up for other survivors who are doing better than they are. They would catch on in 15 minutes.

Without giving you a synopsis for each and every character you listed, I can't truly justify my stance versus yours. Alas, I'm too lazy for that now.
I will agree with you about Glenn. They really didn't do him justice.

Without giving you a synopsis for each and every character you listed, I can't truly justify my stance versus yours. Alas, I'm too lazy for that now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these characters do not have backstories, and have not been through shit, I'm just saying that after five seasons, who are they? Carol is the only one, surprisingly, that started as one way and is now someone completely different. She's complicated and flawed - like all of us. The rest? As one dimensional as the pages they were lifted from while leaving all of their multi-layered personalities behind.

If they killed any character in this show at this pint, I would not care one bit - I may be shocked if they kill a fan favorite, but that's the only reason why I would be. I wouldn't be dismayed or miss any of them at this point. Unlike other popular shows (Game of Thrones comes to mind immediately) the characters of Walking Dead just are not relatable... or all that likeable, really. Familiar? Sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these characters do not have backstories, and have not been through shit, I'm just saying that after five seasons, who are they?.

I see many dimensions in all of those characters listed above. Rick and his tortured straddle between the moral and the immoral. Carl and his shrewd demeanor still filled with so much naivety. Michonne's ability to start getting close to people again, despite her losses. Maggie and her loss of faith and her brutal resilience. Glenn's inability to make rational decisions when it comes to the ones he loves. Daryl....sobby emo kid that was once resourceful to the group.

Rick just keeps bringing it for me. They cast Andrew Lincoln perfectly in my honest opinion.

Finally. A decent episode and a destination. NOW this show has all the material they need to stop all the goddamn wandering. If they continue to follow the comics, even loosely, this season will end on a pretty horrible note, I bet.

I think Rick shouldn't have been so reassured when he heard kids playing. Since he knew Eric and Aaron had been listening to everything they said.

I'm not so happy they made it to Alexandria, mostly because comic book readers have been hinting that bad things are on the way. :nailbiting:

I think Rick shouldn't have been so reassured when he heard kids playing. Since he knew Eric and Aaron had been listening to everything they said.

I'm not so happy they made it to Alexandria, mostly because comic book readers have been hinting that bad things are on the way. :nailbiting:

If they follow the comics, at least one major character is going to meet a horrible end. They alluded to it in the first new episode in the beginning of the second half of this season.
Though, they have been prone to diverge greatly from the comics. For example: Shane made it further in the television series than he ever did in the comics. Sophia lived longer in the comics than the series, as well as Andrea.
Sooooo....they might not follow through.

I'm not so happy they made it to Alexandria, mostly because comic book readers have been hinting that bad things are on the way.

I couldn't be happier. They needed a destination. Hell, I needed a destination. If they follow the comic, even as loosely as they have been, this will be a perfect place to play out the next season or so. A few major events coming up. One could end this season, the other could be the mid-season finale, and the last be the series finale.

I think that you could sub Glenn out with anyone, and introduce Negan with whoever they choose to kill and end the season. Then, next season have the war with the horde end the mid season, then end show completely the second part of the war and the aftermath.

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier. They needed a destination. Hell, I needed a destination. If they follow the comic, even as loosely as they have been, this will be a perfect place to play out the next season or so. A few major events coming up. One could end this season, the other could be the mid-season finale, and the last be the series finale.

I think that you could sub Glenn out with anyone, and introduce Negan with whoever they choose to kill and end the season. Then, next season have the war with the horde end the mid season, then end show completely the second part of the war and the aftermath.

I'm feeling that spoiler. Good call. Dunno about that end though.

Just announced season finale will be 90 minutes. Feeling that spoiler even more now.

Looking forward to tonight. I'm assuming we will lose a cast member. Wonder who it will be? Any predictions?

I'm gonna be watching. Don't want to watch it by myself, but I think i must be the only person in this god forsaken town that watches this. I don't know what's going to happen can't even make a prediction, but I'm sure I'm not gonna like it!

Spoiler alert, in case someone hasn't seen the finale.
:)
;)
:(
:mad:
:confused:
:cool:
:p
<3
It looked like Deanna told Rick to go ahead and shoot Pete for being the bastard that he was for "accidentally" slashing Reg with Michonne's Katanna, but what if she really wanted Rick to go ahead and shoot Reg to keep him from turning. That presupposes they even know what happens when folks die. Pete needs to live with his decisions a little bit. And for whatever reason, it sure feels good to see Morgan!

Latest posts

Back