• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
nnv2ap.jpg

A drinking competition went tragically wrong for 23-year-old Humberto Moura Fonseca when he died after downing 25 shots of vodka in less than 60 seconds.

The University of Julio de Mesquita student was taking part in a drinking game in Bauru, south-western Brazil, at the time of his death.

‘On his Facebook there’s a quote, a motto, from the Russian poet Vladimir Maiakovski which says “It is better to die from vodka than from boredom”.

‘I never thought that would become reality. But once he had finished he said he felt ill and suddenly collapsed.’

Medical crews rushed Fonesca and several other students to hospital but he died on the way, with doctors later confirming they had suffered alcohol poisoning.

Three other people were still in intensive care.

Now police say they are looking to charge the organisers, who are thought to be two fourth year students, with homicide.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/16/stude...ka-than-from-boredom-dies-from-vodka-5106601/

"But once he had finished he said he felt ill and suddenly collapsed.’ Wonders never cease. Drink 25 shots of vodka and feel ill. Hmmp, imagine that. If it were me, I'd have been projectile vomiting from every orifice, after about shot 5. I'm being generous with that number because at my age, I'm betting I couldn't do 5 shots in a row.

"But once he had finished he said he felt ill and suddenly collapsed.’ Wonders never cease. Drink 25 shots of vodka and feel ill. Hmmp, imagine that. If it were me, I'd have been projectile vomiting from every orifice, after about shot 5. I'm being generous with that number because at my age, I'm betting I couldn't do 5 shots in a row.

Same here, I'd be dead after....the one I couldn't finish :hilarious:

Now police say they are looking to charge the organisers, who are thought to be two fourth year students, with homicide.

Ummm, dude was 23. If at 23 you don't know 25 shots of vodka is a bad idea, you deserve your Darwin award.

Yup. Agreed. You gotta be a special kinda stupid to down more than 3 cups of alcohol in a minute flat. And trying to blame it on "the organizers" instead of the participants accepting personal responsibility for being idiots? Sounds kinda like a lame blame game, IMO. Maybe it's just me, but someone could organize a contest to see who could pull their pancreas out through their navel with a seafood fork the fastest and I can see myself declining that little challenge. Obviously none of these geniuses are Pre-Med or Nursing students...:clown:

Maybe it's just me, but someone could organize a contest to see who could pull their pancreas out through their navel with a seafood fork the fastest and I can see myself declining that little challenge. Obviously none of these geniuses are Pre-Med or Nursing students...:clown:

Sad thing is, if you can convince people that this is the next new "thing" - like the cinnamon challenge, or the fire challenge, etc. - and that they'll become YouTube famous, you'd have dumbasses lining up and asking for direction on where exactly their pancreas is. :rolleyes:

Wow what a load of pussy, nanny state bullshit. Somebody CHOOSES to take part and yet the authorities feel the need to hold somebody else responsible. What fucking nonsense.

Did he at least win the competition? The article is poorly written.

Wow what a load of pussy, nanny state bullshit. Somebody CHOOSES to take part and yet the authorities feel the need to hold somebody else responsible. What fucking nonsense.

Did he at least win the competition? The article is poorly written.
A few years ago, it was national news about a radio station somewhere that held a water-drinking competition, never realizing its a stupid fucking idea. A nurse actually called in and told them it could be dangerous, but the event was held and the winner died on the spot. Are the holders of the competition not liable because the stupid fucking contestants didn't realize that drinking 4 gallons of water in 30 minutes is a bad fucking idea?

Are the holders of the competition not liable because the stupid fucking contestants didn't realize that drinking 4 gallons of water in 30 minutes is a bad fucking idea?

No they aren't liable, at all. I fail to see any reason whatsoever for why they should be.
Somebody could hold a fuckin russian roulette contest and i don't see a reason to make trouble for em. Personal responsibility trumps all.

No they aren't liable, at all. I fail to see any reason whatsoever for why they should be. Somebody could hold a fuckin russian roulette contest and i don't see a reason to make trouble for em. Personal responsibility trumps all.
We see the world differently. You seem to think that people would just Darwin themselves out of existence, leaving the rest of us better off. It would be great if we lived in a world where people who are too stupid or lazy to care for themselves would just disappear forever. However, our society isn't run like that, as much as we may WANT it to be.

The reality is that most nitwits would become a further burden on society, becoming vegetables or brain injured morons, sucking more of our precious resources. For every guy who plays the Russian roulette contest, or drinks 25 shots on a dare, you have 50,000 who are just junkies, drunks and lazy motherfuckers, and end up working the system for social security and Medicaid.

Responsibility for sound decision-making should be universal.You give the average person much more credit than they deserve.

For every guy who plays the Russian roulette contest, or drinks 25 shots on a dare, you have 50,000 who are just junkies, drunks and lazy motherfuckers, and end up working the system for social security and Medicaid.

We have those anyways. Why do shit like charge organizers of dipshit drinkin contests with crimes? It's not going to put a dent in the prevention of any of this stupidity.

Even in contests where they try to assure the utmost safety, liability does usually defer to the fact it was volunteer basis. As long as dangers are made clear its kind of on whoever signs up, and i think it should be.
The water contest may be kinda gray area as people think water is healthy and not everyone knows you can drink too much to the point of death. If the organizers didnt know, but failed to care or research when it was brought to their attention, then perhaps they may share some blame, but the world isnt fair. If you're gonna do something, it's your own responsibiltiy to make sure the things you subject yourself to is either a) safe, or b) a risk youre willing to take. I didnt know doesnt cut it when you signed up.

The guy was a fucking moran and deserved what he got. Now he won't be able to go on to breed and generate more morans. Personally, I'm happy. Fucking authorities need to stop looking for scapegoats for everything that goes wrong (or, in this case, "right," in my opinion). But, it all makes money for somebody, so targeting survivors will continue.

The guy was a fucking moran and deserved what he got. Now he won't be able to go on to breed and generate more morans. Personally, I'm happy. Fucking authorities need to stop looking for scapegoats for everything that goes wrong (or, in this case, "right," in my opinion). But, it all makes money for somebody, so targeting survivors will continue.
Love the use of "moran"

This "Moran" thing has been crackin' me TFU. Somebody do a sister a solid and link me to that thread, please? :shy: :kiss:

Then back on topic. :angelic:

I knew a girl with the last name Moran. She had no eyebrows, by choice, and she was dumb as shit, and loose, and a smoker.

Even in contests where they try to assure the utmost safety, liability does usually defer to the fact it was volunteer basis. As long as dangers are made clear its kind of on whoever signs up, and i think it should be.
The water contest may be kinda gray area as people think water is healthy and not everyone knows you can drink too much to the point of death. If the organizers didnt know, but failed to care or research when it was brought to their attention, then perhaps they may share some blame, but the world isnt fair. If you're gonna do something, it's your own responsibiltiy to make sure the things you subject yourself to is either a) safe, or b) a risk youre willing to take. I didnt know doesnt cut it when you signed up.
This is a great IDEAL. Is it how our society works, and is run? No.
It's nice to have pie in the sky ideals about how great things MIGHT be, but in the context of reality, people proposing, and encouraging others to join into stupid shit have some responsibility too. To think otherwise is just pure fantasy. @JackBurton
@rod2pop

Last edited:
This is a great IDEAL. Is it how our society works, and is run? No.
It's nice to have pie in the sky ideals about how great things MIGHT be, but in the context of reality, people proposing, and encouraging others to join into stupid shit have some responsibility too. To think otherwise is just pure fantasy. @JackBurton
@rod2pop

Though I agree with @FallenAngel on principle, in reality, judging by American standards it seems that overall, our civil and criminal court systems tend to agree with you.

I once did 15 shots of Jack in the space of an hour. Then promptly passed the fuck out on the toilet where my husband found me a couple hours later. Oh to be 21/22 again. I'd never do something this dumb tho. I like my alcohol but fuck this idiocy. Dumb.

Last edited:
Last time I drank Jack Black, I was in my early 20's, didn't drink often and on an empty stomach downed a half pint straight out of the bottle, 8 Heinies and half a dozen Kamikazes in 3 hrs. at a party w/o staggering, puking, making a lovable ass out myself, and I remembered everything. That's when it dawned on me the whole "Alcoholism Gene" really did exist b/c no more often than I drank, I should have passed out in a puddle halfway through the Jack. Never tried it again. Other than the occasional bottle of fine wine once in awhile and a couple of shots of Grand Marnier warm a few times a year, I've never consumed any more than that again. Now that I inherited the bio buttheads malignant high b/p bullshit, I haven't been able to drink at all. I miss being able to knock off a couple to relax with a li'l buzz now and then. :( Somebody pity me! lol.

Last edited:
Ooh 151 is brutal. You couldn't pay me to take 1 shot of that, lol.

I wouldn't even be able to take 2 shots in 60 seconds. It takes me at least 30 seconds to prepare myself for the nasty taste and the burn, and then I have to drink my chaser before the shot and after. It's a fucking process. ;)

Girl, I'm strangely impressed. I drink Jack on the rocks and I don't think I could get 15 shots down in an hour! Glad you survived it! :cool:
Imma drinker lol. I spent the better part of three years in Tennessee. It's where I learned to drink lol. That night I was playing catch up coz by the time I joined the party that bottle was 3/4 full. We drained it and then bought another bottle. It helped that I was drinking Coca-Cola in between shots otherwise I would have been out sooner. When me and my friends partied we partied. To be fair I've always drank everyone under the table unapolgetically but I quit when I can't walk straight.
One time I made the mistake of drinking, doing coke and popping a Klonepin. Why? Fuck if I know. Oh wait I know why, the only black person in a honky tonk bar in West Tennessee. That's what I'm really thankful I survived from. I had a blast that night but finding out that I could have died becoz I was experimenting with stupid shit was sobering so to speak. I stuck to whiskey after that.

Back