• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
Another repeat offender. Jailed, then deported for beating her, he returns to eventually kill her....

tmp_24305-570107_1280x7201790068292.jpg

Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams, helpless to save her

Family members heard Francisca Quintero-Montoya screaming for her life Sunday behind a locked restroom door at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village but were helpless to save her, prosecutors said Monday during a bond hearing for Quintero-Montoya's estranged husband, Javier Bahena-Arellano, who's now charged with her murder.

Bahena-Arellano, 43, was ordered held without bail on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping and felony murder in the death of Quintero-Montoya, 42, of Burlington, Wisconsin.

[...]

Quintero-Montoya, Bahena-Arellano and other family members were in the cardiac care unit at Alexian Brothers visiting Quintero-Montoya's brother, who died about 9:30 a.m. Sunday after suffering a heart attack, said Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Maria McCarthy.

Bahena-Arellano, who believed Quintero-Montoya was cheating on him, took her phone and went to his truck, where he read text messages that upset him, McCarthy said.

[....]

Bahena-Arellano then confronted Quintero-Montoya about the text messages, followed her into a unisex restroom adjacent to a hospital waiting room and locked the door, McCarthy said.

Hearing Quintero-Montoya scream, family members tried to unlock the door but were unsuccessful. They overheard Bahena-Arellano say, "I told you what I was going to do to you." To which they said Quintero-Montoya cried, "Don't do this, I want to see my parents" and "Think of the children," McCarthy said.

Upon forcing the door open, family members found the victim lying on the floor, her chest covered in blood, while Bahena-Arellano stood above her, a screwdriver clenched in his fist, McCarthy said.

[.....]

He was still holding the screwdriver when hospital security confronted him, prosecutors said. When a guard told him to drop it, Bahena-Arellano thrust the screwdriver into the wall, according to prosecutors.

Unless a court later sets bond for Bahena-Arellano, he will remain in custody at the Cook County jail until his case is resolved. He next appears in court on April 13.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150323/news/150329616/

OK, cheaters suck donkey balls but dayyyum... would this fall under the heading of "a crime of passion"?
The article calls him her estranged husband. So is it really cheating if you're separated? :rolleyes:
He's just an abusive, if-I-can't-have-you, no-one-will piece of shit.

Her poor family. Went into the hospital worried about one person, wind up losing two. How tragic.

Prosecutors confirm Bahena-Arellano was in the country illegally.

Prosecutors said Bahena-Arrellano believed his wife was cheating on him after reading messages on her cell phone. He was held without bond in court on Monday.

Police said Bahena-Arrellano has a record of domestic violence, including two battery charges, one of which led his deportation. He returned to the U.S. illegally in 2010, according to officials.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-held-without-bond-in-elk-grove-village-hospital-stabbing/569376/

Another article I read said police were interviewing up to 20 witnesses.
Mostly family members of the victim. Her brother had just died.

Another article I read said police were interviewing up to 20 witnesses.
Mostly family members of the victim. Her brother had just died.
Hispanics show up to the hospital in droves, infants, toddlers and grand parents; it's fucking ludicrous.

Last edited:
Hispanics show up to the hospital in droves, infants, toddlers and grand parents; it's fucking ludicrous.

Hispanic culture is definitely very tight when it comes to family, esp. when they're first and second generation immigrant. Same with certain Far East Asian fams here.

At the hosp. where I work and a couple of other ICU and ICU step-down floors I've worked for in the past, we try to tweak the bed/room situation when we can (if insurance won't clear a private room) to give both Hispanic and Asian families double rooms with an unoccupied bed (and any other fams with a lot of round the clock family members sitting vigil, of course).

Sometimes it takes some finesse and creative room switching depending on the length of stay, but it's just easier on everyone and it cuts way down on complaints re: overcrowding, noise, people/kids running in and out, etc. from the patient in the other bed and their fams as well as from nurses and aides who don't have room to do their jobs. Nothing like having to bend over the bed to do a procedure on the A-bed patient with a visitor sitting in the chair behind the curtain for the B-bed patient having their nose squarely in the crack of your ass, smhlol.

I've also been in hospitals as a visitor where even in Med-Surg they only allow two visitors per room, period, and they still enforce the old "Must be at least 14 years of age" rule.

Last edited:
He was still holding the screwdriver when hospital security confronted him, prosecutors said. When a guard told him to drop it, Bahena-Arellano thrust the screwdriver into the wall, according to prosecutors.

Oh, well, isn't he tough! He's not gonna listen to authority, that big touch guy!

I wish I could be there when he tries his passive-aggressive approach on fellow prisoners.

Asshole.

would this fall under the heading of "a crime of passion"?

I don't see why it would. He had previously told her he would do it according to the article. He decided upon the act in his truck while reading the texts, then walked alllllll the way back to the room. He strategically separated her from her family and confined her, he decided on and brought a murder weapon(unless he's a maintenance man working in the place, there's no good reason he'd just happen to have a screwdriver on him). Sounds to me like this was a carefully planned out murder in the 1st degree.

What painful thing to get stabbed with.

Cornered, Wife Pled For Life, Authorities Say
What allegedly started as a bloody, domestic incident at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village Sunday, between an estranged husband and wife, ended in what the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled a homicide and first degree murder charges.

Javier Bahena-Arellano, 44, was charged with first degree murder. He remained in custody after a judge denied bail at a bond hearing Monday (Mar. 23).

Maria McCarthy, supervising assistant Cook County state’s attorney at the Rolling Meadows courthouse, took reporters through the sequence of events that allegedly ended with Francisca Quintero, 42, of Burlington, WI, on the floor of a restroom at Alexian Brothers covered in blood and suffering from three stab wounds to her chest and back.

It's believed Bahena-Arellano and Quintero were both at Alexian Brothers, 800 Biesterfield Rd., visiting another relative who suffered a heart attack. At one point, McCarthy said Bahena-Arellano took Quintero’s cell phone and left the hospital to read text messages in his truck sent to Quintero.

Upon returning to family members in the hospital with a screw driver he allegedly retrieved from the truck, McCarthy said Bahena-Arellano gave his brother-in-law keys to the truck and told him to drive it back to his place of employment.

When the brother-in-law asked why, Bahena-Arellano said, “No, it’s done, it’s finished, everything has its limits.”

McCarthy said Bahena-Arellano confronted Quintero with the text messages and followed her into the small, single-room restroom just off a waiting room.

Family members heard a commotion in the restroom, McCarthy said. They heard Quintero scream and Bahena-Arellano allegedly say, “I told you what I was going to do to you.”

McCarthy said Quintero was heard through the locked door pleading for her life saying, “No, wait, what about our children… Please, I just want to see my parents… What are you going to do, I won’t do it again.”

After family members forced the door open and took in the scene, one asked, “Why, why!?” McCarthy said.

McCarthy said Bahena-Arellano then held up the cell phone and said, “This is your motive why!”

Family members carried Quintero to the intensive care unit where McCarthy said doctors were unable to save her life.

McCarthy said the three stab wounds -- one to the chest and two to the back -- pierced Quintero’s aorta and lungs causing her death.

According to McCarthy, when hospital security arrived and ordered Bahena-Arellano to drop the screw driver, he allegedly told officers “she cheated on me,” before thrusting the screwdriver into the wall behind him.

Elk Grove Village police were dispatched to the hospital at 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Sgt. Michael Garrison said Bahena-Arellano was taken into custody without incident.

At a bond hearing at the Cook County courthouse in Rolling Meadows the next day, Circuit Court Judge Joseph Cataldo ordered Bahena-Arellano held without without bond. His next court date is scheduled for Monday, Apr. 13 in Rolling Meadows.

Elk Grove Village police and a spokeswoman for the Cook County State’s Attorney said they did not have an address for Bahena-Arellano.

A memorial fund has been set up by the family of Francisca Quintero. Francisca's family suffered not only the devastating loss of Francisca, but also the loss of Marcelo Quintero, Francisca's brother, who Franscisca was visiting when she was murdered at a Chicago area hospital.(link)

Remembering Loving Siblings, Alone They Will Never Be

83e0e92e-3c4c-45e7-8fca-db8e60fcd439_profile.jpg

On March 22nd, two beautiful souls departed this life, only to watch over the family they loved so much. Marcelo Quintero passed away Sunday morning after suffering a massive heart attack earlier in the week. Within hours, his sister, Francisca, joined him in heaven, having her life cut short by a senseless act of violence. Both siblings are survived by three children each...read more.

QUOTE: Police said Bahena-Arrellano has a record of domestic violence, including two battery charges, one of which led his deportation. He returned to the U.S. illegally in 2010,

Apparently it was hard for her to get rid of him. Now she's dead and rid of him for good. I am surprised with that many family members they didn't have her death to contend with and his because I can see everyone of her family wanting to beat shit out of him once the bathroom door was finally opened.

My Gods, she was gorgeous too!
Her poor Family!
She pleaded for him to stop and think about the children. I can't imagine what their kids are going through.

What an asshole(Understatement much? Yes) :(:(:(

April 24, 2017

A man who fatally stabbed his wife with a screwdriver after locking her in a hospital bathroom pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Monday and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

Javier Bahena-Arellano admitted to the brutal attack on Francisca Quintero-Montoya, the mother of his three children, at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village two years ago.

The couple's daughter, Jocelyn Bahena, 23, cried during the hearing and said afterward she thought the sentence was fair.

"I'm just glad this is over," she said. "Now we need time to heal."

Her brother, Francisco Bahena, 22, said he was relieved.

"It's been 764 days and it's finally over," he said..

The two have been attending the court proceedings since their father was arrested at the hospital March 22, 2015. They have another sibling who lives in California.

In court, Bahena-Arellano declined to speak on his own behalf, but Judge Joel Greenblatt criticized the defendant's silence.

"I find it almost impossible to believe that as your wife and her family were grieving the loss of her brother, you did this cowardly act," the judge said. "Three children were left without their mother."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-stabbing-guilty-plea-met-20170424-story.html

Back