• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
x6fsbq.jpg

Barway Collins

2echzww.jpg

Possible Witnesses

Family, friends and supporters came together Monday in Crystal, Minnesota, to plead for the safe return of a 10-year-old who vanished without a trace five days earlier.

Barway Edwin Collins was last seen walking away from his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive in Crystal after school Wednesday.

Over the past five days, local police, federal agents and Hennepin County's sheriff's deputies have been searching the area for Barway with K-9 dogs, reviewing footage from surveillance cameras and interviewing family members and witnesses.

While police have not classified Barway's disappearance as an abduction at this point, on Monday they released a photo of two people who may be linked to the missing person case.

According to the Crystal Police Department, the man and woman pictured in a screen shot from a CCTV camera installed at the front entrance of the Cedarwood apartment complex may have witnessed Barway being dropped off from school.

Barway was reported missing by his father at around 6.30pm after the child failed to come home from school. A call to the school bus company revealed that the 10-year-old was dropped off outside his building at around 4.15pm.

Mr Collins and his wife, Yamah, said the entrance surveillance camera caught their son opening the front door to the building, looking inside and then closing it, as if someone called him outside.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-release-picture-two-people-involved.html

Former girlfriend of Barway's dad / former defacto-stepmom of the child was interviewed on the local news tonight. She seemed to think the dad was capable of harming the boy. He'd hurt her kids in the past (no specific details given).

maybe he's a runaway or a random person took him, but dad's story doesn't add up from what I've heard/read. :-(

3/25.. FWIW, I heard they (see first paragraph) were married 5 years and had 4 kids together.

And Barway is still missing.

Last edited:
Poor boy - Dads failed the the polygraph test and video clearly shows he was outside there at the scene with the 'uncle '. Either Barway has been sent off with someone or the victim of foul play , human trafficking or violence etc. I don't put anything past people nowadays .

What the fuck is with Minnesota anymore? More and more of this shit seems to be happening there. Damn, I thought it was one of those last nice bucolic places where one could escape the savagery of today's society.

I should have moved to Moorhead when I had the chance. Heh heh, what an ironic name that would be for my place of residence.

Look at his sweet face. Like the rest of us, I'm sure, I've got the shittiest, heaviest feeling in my gut...I know he has to still be classified as missing, but I have the worst feeling the next thing we'll be reading is that they've found his body. :( :( :(

Aha! Life insurance. Poor kid is a goner. So many stories about life insurance bought shortly before a person's disappearance/death. One of the first things police look at in missing person case is life insurance, then they investigate the beneficiary.

Never in my life will I understand how a parent can kill their own child for any reason. No amount of money is EVER worth my kids' life...they are irreplaceable.

his dad took out a $30,000 life insurance policy on him
Utterly pathetic amount.

I don't know what sum of money I would want to see but 30K is a pathetic motive for murder. Get a motherfucking job and you can year that amount in a year or less. Greedy prick.

Look at his sweet face. Like the rest of us, I'm sure, I've got the shittiest, heaviest feeling in my gut...I know he has to still be classified as missing, but I have the worst feeling the next thing we'll be reading is that they've found his body. :( :( :(

Have I been here @ DD too long? I guess so, because I figure Barway was killed the day he went missing or the day after. I want to be wrong. Is the Dad involved... I'm not sure..maybe, probably, I hope not... That failed poly has me shaking my head.

Are polygraphs admissible in court?

Have I been here @ DD too long? I guess so, because I figure Barway was killed the day he went missing or the day after. I want to be wrong. Is the Dad involved... I'm not sure..maybe, probably, I hope not... That failed poly has me shaking my head.

I don't like it either, but until they find his body, dad confesses, or he's otherwise declared stone cold dead, I'm still holding out hope daddy sent him back to Liberia with his mom and is just trying to run an insurance scam. I'll take being wrong on this one when it comes to him being dead any day.

No. They are about one step up from divining rods and they "work" mainly by giving LE an excuse to tell the suspect that "we know you are lying", which sometimes makes them confess.

The main problems are that they measure physiological reactions to questions. The physiological reaction may be the result of lying, but you can never be certain what exactly is being lied about, - and to show reaction, the test subject would actually have to care about whatever it is they are being asked about.

Sometimes, yes.

The standard answer is no because they are unreliable at best, too many factors can influence one's results. But there have been cases where both the prosecution and the defense have stipulated prior to the test being given that the results, regardless of which side they benefit, will be admitted into a trial.

So, @Abroad was right giving the answer as no but I wanted to point out that sometimes the answer is yes because next to nothing is a straight yes or no answer when the legal field is involved.

I'm not sure of anyone has posted this :
MINNEAPOLIS - A red backpack matching the description Barway Collins was carrying was found by volunteer searchers Thursday near the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

Police have not determined if there's a link to the backpack and Collins.

A pair of red shoes were also found Thursday in North Mississippi Regional Parkbut officers say the shoes are not connected to Collins.

The third item found was a knife. Again, police have not said if it's linked to the case.

Crystal Police released this statement Thursday evening: "All items recovered during the groups search today will be analyzed over the next few days to determine whether they have any evidentiary value."

Ten-year-old Barway Collins, who is from Crystal, disappeared shortly after school March 18.

Police have said the boy's father, 33-year-old Pierre Collins, remains the primary suspect. Pierre Collins has told reporters he had nothing to do with his son's disappearance.

Police are focusing their search for the missing boy along the Mississippi River. Crystal Police Chief Stephanie Revering has said there is "strong evidence" that Pierre Collins was in that area just after Barway went missing.

Penny Castano never met the missing child or his family. But she was moved to organize Thursday's search. Castano has four children and nine grandchildren. Nearly 100 people searched a three-mile radius of the North Mississippi Regional Park. The area was split into five zones. Volunteers found the backpack in an area labeled as zone two on the map volunteers were issued. The red pair of shoes were in zone five near 41st and 42 street.

"When we met on social media and tried to put our own search group together we had no idea it would grow so large so fast," Castano said, "We started out four moms and in a matter of hours turned to hundreds."

We are concerned, a lot of us are mothers, and grandmothers, and don't feel enough is being done to find him," Castano added. "It is frustrating, disheartening, we are losing sleep. It it just really hard out here thinking what could be. What we could find."

Among the volunteer searchers, was a boy who was in the same class as Barway.

"He turned out to be in the same class as me and we liked the same things, so then I said….do you want to be my friend? And he said yes, and we played the rest of the year," said Adam Theisen.

Adam's father, Richard Theisen, grew up swimming and fishing in the Mississippi and says he knows the stretch of water well. So, he jumped in and checked areas of the river filled with brush and vowed to search into the night.

"I've been losing sleep at night hearing about it – if my child was missing I'd be out here every second of the day looking for him," said Theisen.

The Crystal Police Department will continue to welcome the assistance of any citizen groups that may wish to aid in the search.

If anyone has any information about Barway and his disappearance you can call 911 or the Crystal Police Department Tip Line at 763-531-1020.

Renovation systems and All Kind Painting donated 500 bottles of water, snacks and reflective safety vests to the volunteers.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...pack-found-in-barway-collins-search/70854840/

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3757781.shtml
: Beth McDonough

Conflicting views of Pierre Collins emerged Monday.

He's the father of 10-year-old Barway Collins who vanished March 18 after getting off a school van at his Crystal apartment complex.

At a press briefing, the family's minister, Pastor Harding Smith, said the public is too critical of Collins.

"Please reserve that judgment, let the criminal justice system work its course,” Smith said. “We are very hopeful, we are praying for the safe return of Mr. Barway."

Smith said he believes Collins has been falsely portrayed as a child abuser or molester; he pointed out Collins does not have a felony criminal record.

Collins’ ex-wife Jennifer Beaver has a different opinion.

The two divorced last year and she has since moved to Wisconsin. She has two children from a previous relationship in addition to two with Collins and was Barway's step-mom. She helped to bring Barway from Liberia to Minnesota in 2011.

Along with Crystal Police, Beaver is calling out Collins as a suspect.

"He was very mean to Edwin, made threats to him, threatening to kill him or beat the heck out of him; he's not a nice man," she said.

Barway's middle name is Edwin. That's how Jennifer Beaver refers to him. We asked her the questions posed to Collins at a press briefing.

When asked about the $30,000 life insurance policy Collins had on his son and other policies on his children with Beaver, she answered, "It wouldn't surprise me. Pierre is money hungry; everything is about money."

When asked about a letter from the Hennepin County attorney's office that cites insufficient evidence and declines to charge Collins after Beaver accused him of physically abusing the kids, she said, "Just because he didn't get charged, doesn't mean he didn't hurt the children. He can't see the children, there's a reason."

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS was there Monday as Collins’ spokesman, again, denied all the accusations against him. However, we do know Beaver's order for protection against Collins expired last month. On March 18, the former couple had a day in court because Collins was months behind in child support. It was the same day Barway disappeared.

"It shouldn't be about me and Pierre, what we went through. The focus should be on Barway. Where is he?," Beaver said.

Beaver has sole custody of the children. She was at the search for Barway over the weekend.

Interesting that the family's minister said "let the criminal justice system work its course"....

o_O

Last edited:
He was 25 feet from the river in the park where his father was seen in the hours after his disappearance. I don't think there's any mystery left.
So sorry Barway, you deserved so much more.

Hey back off! Some people kill their kid because they are highly irritating! This guy had 30 000 MORE reasons! And NO! He hasn't given me 10 000 reasons to defend him! I'm just a douche! It's his lawyer that's a sell out!

All kidding aside, what a piece of fucking shit. To think I want to play baseball with my son every day at that age so he can go pro. In other words, I have 10 000 000 reasons to keep him safe. Way to plan ahead jackass!

Last edited:
The father has been arrested

Second-degree murder charges are expected Tuesday against the father of Barway Collins, the 10-year-old boy whose body was found over the weekend in the Mississippi River in Brooklyn Center, authorities said.

Pierre Collins, 33, was arrested and taken from his Crystal apartment building in handcuffs Monday. He had been named as the main suspect in the disappearance of his son, who was last seen March 18 getting out of his school van in front of the apartment building. Collins has denied any role in his son’s disappearance, but police have said they have electronic evidence showing that he was in the area where the boy’s body was found in North Mississippi Regional Park.

Crystal Police Chief Stephanie Revering confirmed Collins’ arrest on suspicion of second-degree murder early Monday afternoon. The case against him has been submitted to the Hennepin County attorney’s office and charges could be filed as soon as Tuesday afternoon, according to a spokesman for the county attorney’s office.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/299584511.html

Sometimes, yes.

The standard answer is no because they are unreliable at best, too many factors can influence one's results. But there have been cases where both the prosecution and the defense have stipulated prior to the test being given that the results, regardless of which side they benefit, will be admitted into a trial.

So, @Abroad was right giving the answer as no but I wanted to point out that sometimes the answer is yes because next to nothing is a straight yes or no answer when the legal field is involved.

Ha! You reminded me of an inmate case where the ADA and defense atty. did just that, which was weird b/c the particular criminal judge who sat that case is known as our "Hangin' Judge". He usually cuts zero slack, but in this case, he allowed it into evidence b/c both parties agreed (Agg. Armed Robbery case).

For anyone who'd like to read a little more on the admissibility of polygraphs in court per Krystal's explanation, here's a great resource link: http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/01/are-lie-detectors-admissible-in-court.html

Latest posts

Back