• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Someone refresh my memory, because I don't want to go back and re-read, but did granny and/or stepmom say how they know about these "long-standing health problems"?

So, did the little girl get to appeal her death sentence? No, she didn't, she got to be killed by these two fuckwads, so, I say they get the exact number of appeals that she got.

Someone refresh my memory, because I don't want to go back and re-read, but did granny and/or stepmom say how they know about these "long-standing health problems"?
I recall reading about long standing health problems but never any details. I don't believe she died from long standing health problems. She died from being run to death and was dehydrated I'm sure.

I recall reading about long standing health problems but never any details. I don't believe she died from long standing health problems. She died from being run to death and was dehydrated I'm sure.
TY, and I absolutely agree.

I'm wondering because I swear I remember reading, (But I may have simply read between lines incorrectly.) that Savannah got in trouble for the candy because of the issues it could cause with her bladder or something, which makes me think that the "defense" just makes them look worse.

TY, and I absolutely agree.

I'm wondering because I swear I remember reading, (But I may have simply read between lines incorrectly.) that Savannah got in trouble for the candy because of the issues it could cause with her bladder or something, which makes me think that the "defense" just makes them look worse.
Yea that's why she was in trouble they said that she had a bladder issue and the chocolate would aggravate it. So clearly the logical thing would be to run her to death as punishment. Between this and the dumb fucks who killed the baby by making her drink too much soda I'm constantly amazed at what people come up with as punishment.

A judge has reversed himself and will allow the public to attend jury selection for an Alabama woman charged in her granddaughter's running death.

A spokeswoman says Etowah County Circuit Judge Billy Ogletree granted a defense request Tuesday to open the jury selection process to the public.

Attorneys for 59-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard protested after Ogletree closed the courtroom for the first day of juror questioning Monday.
http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/us/article/Defense-seeks-open-jury-selection-in-girl-s-6111811.php

Etowah County Circuit Judge Billy Ogletree refused a defense request to declare a mistrial in the case against Joyce Hardin Garrard, but prosecutors withdrew a medical witness who was on the stand when the flare-up occurred.

The judge then immediately gave jurors a two-hour lunch break and later refused a defense request to dismiss the charges due to alleged misconduct by prosecutors.

The fireworks came on the third day of prosecution testimony against Garrard, who prosecutors allege killed 9-year-old Savannah Hardin by making her run and carry wood for hours as punishment for a lie about candy.

The defense hasn't denied that the girl ran outside her home in rural northeast Alabama on Feb. 17, 2012. But Garrard's lawyers do deny that the woman had any intention of harming the girl.

Garrard told investigators the girl wanted to run and get faster after finishing second in a race at school, according to police testimony.

Dr. Emily Ward, a former state medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Savannah Hardin, said the girl died of seizures linked to abnormally low sodium levels that were caused by "prolonged physical exertion and heat exhaustion."
Parts of the attorneys' discussion were audible to spectators. As the lawyers talked with Ogletree, defense attorney Dani Bone complained that prosecutors were now claiming that hospital records showing the child was "alert and oriented" after an ambulance ride were incorrect.

"We were not provided this 'mistake,'" Bone said loudly, the back of his neck reddening.

It was a potentially big point for Garrard: Evidence that showed the girl recovered for a time before slipping back into unconsciousness and dying could help her defense, which previously argued that medical problems aside from exertion might have contributed to her death.
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-accused-running-death-girl-wanted-exercise-155531090.html

I agree, [MENTION=3446]Tundratot[/MENTION]. If I tried to make my kids run around the house as a punishment, they might do a couple of laps, but no way would they continue once they got hot, tired and thirsty. That child was seemingly so scared of those two monsters that she carried on until her little body could take no more. Too scared to stop even for a drink, she literally carried on until she dropped.

It's never even once entered my mind to force physical exercise on my kids as a punishment. They get time out or grounded, or they do chores, or they have to give up their computer/games time. Once or twice I've had them sit and write lines, too - ''I must not pull my sister hair'', or whatever (drills the message home and improves their writing!)

I've read a few cases on here where the child has had to do physical exercise to the point of exhaustion. I can't understand the thinking behind it. It can't be done in prisons, not even to murderers. But these two rtards though it was ok to do it to this little girl because she ate a candy bar.

When I was young I had a weight problem. I have ALWAYS had a weight problem. (I still have a weight issue.... yeah, sue me Jessie). My mother hated me being fat and resorted to all sorts of stupid "weight-loss" activities, which never had any effect. She would regularly make me go without meals for 2-3 days and lock all food away. (I used to steal butter when it got left out, just a tiny bit so it was never noticed enough to get me in more trouble. Sometimes I would sneak a raw egg from the hens or get a small amount of milk from our cow if no one was watching). My mother also used to make me run along our 5km (3.1 mile) long driveway in front of her car while she held a cane out the window to hit me if I stopped running or tried to get off the road away from the car. I was terrified I would be run over. We lived on a farm so she would also get my 5 brothers to stand at different points around the paddock holding cricket balls. If I stopped the boys would have to throw one of the cricket balls at my head. To humiliate me on a few occasions and presumably to scare me off eating she sometimes sent me to school with maggoty food in my lunchbox. I remember opening my lunchbox once when I was in year 3 and a bunch of kids saw the maggots and started teasing me. I started crying and one of the kinder girls in my class went and got my older brother, who was in year 6. He actually comforted me, washed out my lunchbox and gave me his sandwich to eat. None of this helped. I'm still fat, but now I also HATE running anywhere. I do exercise - I walk, ride my bike and swim. I have an active job as a nurse. My weight never changes, it doesn't go up OR down. The stupid thing is my mother was always overweight as well. About 15 years ago she suddenly started losing weight and then making comments about how pathetic I was that she was able to but I couldn't. She's since been diagnosed with Graves disease, which explains the weight loss. I sometimes wish that I would develop Graves as well.... I'd tell the doctors not to treat me until I lost enough weight! I don't have anything to do with my mother or brothers anymore, and my life has never been better. The point of my rant is that these kinds of f*cked up "punishments' do nothing but create long standing emotional issues around the very thing they are supposedly trying to prevent!!

When I was young I had a weight problem. I have ALWAYS had a weight problem. (I still have a weight issue.... yeah, sue me Jessie). My mother hated me being fat and resorted to all sorts of stupid "weight-loss" activities, which never had any effect. She would regularly make me go without meals for 2-3 days and lock all food away. (I used to steal butter when it got left out, just a tiny bit so it was never noticed enough to get me in more trouble. Sometimes I would sneak a raw egg from the hens or get a small amount of milk from our cow if no one was watching). My mother also used to make me run along our 5km (3.1 mile) long driveway in front of her car while she held a cane out the window to hit me if I stopped running or tried to get off the road away from the car. I was terrified I would be run over. We lived on a farm so she would also get my 5 brothers to stand at different points around the paddock holding cricket balls. If I stopped the boys would have to throw one of the cricket balls at my head. To humiliate me on a few occasions and presumably to scare me off eating she sometimes sent me to school with maggoty food in my lunchbox. I remember opening my lunchbox once when I was in year 3 and a bunch of kids saw the maggots and started teasing me. I started crying and one of the kinder girls in my class went and got my older brother, who was in year 6. He actually comforted me, washed out my lunchbox and gave me his sandwich to eat. None of this helped. I'm still fat, but now I also HATE running anywhere. I do exercise - I walk, ride my bike and swim. I have an active job as a nurse. My weight never changes, it doesn't go up OR down. The stupid thing is my mother was always overweight as well. About 15 years ago she suddenly started losing weight and then making comments about how pathetic I was that she was able to but I couldn't. She's since been diagnosed with Graves disease, which explains the weight loss. I sometimes wish that I would develop Graves as well.... I'd tell the doctors not to treat me until I lost enough weight! I don't have anything to do with my mother or brothers anymore, and my life has never been better. The point of my rant is that these kinds of f*cked up "punishments' do nothing but create long standing emotional issues around the very thing they are supposedly trying to prevent!!
Your mother is a cruel bitch who didn't deserve you.

You dont want graves diseases it is so horrible on your body. I know i have it. So sorry your mom was a stupid selfish short sited person. She was abusive to you. You deserve happiness.

Neighbors have testified they saw Garrard forcing the child to run and pick up sticks and firewood in the yard. Garrard was making her granddaughter run as punishment for a lie about eating candy, prosecutors said. The girl eventually collapsed and died three days later.

Hardin — awaiting trial on a murder charge in the child's death — made the call seeking help for Savannah.

"My daughter had a seizure," Hardin says at the beginning.

Speaking in a loud voice as Hardin talks to Beggs, Garrard is heard repeatedly saying the child's name and asking her to wake up.

"Savannah. Savannah," Garrard says in a steady voice. "Savannah, open your eyes."

Then, nearly three minutes into the recording, with Savannah still unresponsive, Garrard makes a request.

"Give me a smoke," Beggs testified the woman said.

The defense maintains she said: "Give me a throw," referring to a small blanket.

While jurors have listened to the recording, Circuit Judge Billy Ogletree refused to let them see a transcript of the audio prepared for the defense.

What the jurors believe she said could be vital. If Garrard asked for a cigarette while the girl lay before her dying, jurors could agree with prosecutors that the woman was angry and meant to kill the child by running her for hours.

If they believe the woman said "throw," jurors could see that as sign Garrard was worried and trying to help the girl. Other testimony showed that the girl was wrapped in a small blanket when firefighters and paramedics arrived.

The judge has issued a gag order that bars lawyers, witnesses and others from discussing the case publicly. Yet the importance of that one word became obvious while Beggs, the 911 operator, was on the stand.

Beggs testified that Hardin and Garrard seemed unusually calm during the call. Beggs said relatives witnessing a seizure typically are panicky.

"I've never had anyone in four years ask for a cigarette," she testified.

Defense lawyer Richard Rhea pressed Beggs on exactly what Garrard had asked for.

"Did she, in fact, say 'Give me a throw?'" Rhea said.

"No. 'Give me a smoke,'" Beggs responded firmly.

It's up to the jury to decide.

http://news.yahoo.com/running-death-trial-could-hinge-1-word-911-173431288.html

Last edited:
Dirty old bitch! And the daughter too! Bitch probably did ask for a cigarette! CUNTS! I wish someone would make that nasty "grandma" run a bunch of laps and carry a 50 pound weight with a cigarette in her mouth

Bless your heart. My baby girl has always been "solid" and now as a young teen will ask me "do you think I am fat?" , (especially after a visit to her ano pediatrician, who we recently quit because of her fat shaming), to which I reply "I think you are lovely and amazing".

And she is.

Bless your heart. My baby girl has always been "solid" and now as a young teen will ask me "do you think I am fat?" , (especially after a visit to her ano pediatrician, who we recently quit because of her fat shaming), to which I reply "I think you are lovely and amazing".

And she is.
We have the same problem with my middle daughter.. she has a solid athletic build.. she will never be tiny like me..

Run%20To%20Death-1.jpg

FILE - This file photo released by the Etowah County Sheriff's Dept. on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012 shows Joyce Hardin Garrard, 46. A jury convicted 49-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard late Friday March 20. 2015 in the February 2012 death of Savannah Hardin, siding with prosecutors who depicted Garrard as a "drill sergeant from hell," a domineering taskmaster so enraged over a lie about candy that she made the girl run until she dropped. The sentencing phase _ a mini-trial within the trial _ is to begin Monday, the judge said. (AP Photo/Etowah County Sheriff's Office) (The Associated Press)

"
GADSDEN, Ala. – Jurors who convicted an Alabama woman in the running death of her 9-year-old granddaughter soon must decide whether they think she should die for the crime or spend the rest of her life in prison.

The jury convicted 49-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard late Friday in the death of Savannah Hardin, siding with prosecutors who said Garrard became so enraged over a lie that she made the girl run until she dropped in February 2012.

In the sentencing phase expected Monday, jurors will be asked if they recommend life without parole or death for Garrard. The final decision rests with Circuit Judge Billy Ogletree under Alabama law.

Authorities claimed Garrard forced Savannah to run for hours as punishment for a lie about candy. Savannah had a seizure and died days later.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/2...ng-death-alabama-woman-faces-potential-death/

Is she alive? We could return the favor! :mad: My handy dandy rusty potato peeler has a travel case.. I haven't vacationed in a while! ;) Please! :oops:

LOL, she is alive but I long ago realised it isn't worth it. My life is great whilst she is always going to be miserable and lonely. I think she is likely to one day die in her hoarded isolated house.... and 10 years later someone will discover her body buried in the hoard. I try to let go of the anger and hatred, life's too short...... But if you're really bored and desperate to travel she lives in Qld, Australia in an isolated little town on an isolated little property in the middle of nowhere!

Jurors . . . soon must decide whether they think she should die for the crime or spend the rest of her life in prison.

Good, good, good. Either way, she doesn't leave.

A weird thought occurred to me, though, how pathetic would it be if while in prison, she got into some position of authority over other inmates, like coaching or running weight watchers? Can you imagine?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7d9e...grandma-get-life-or-death-girls-running-death

GADSDEN, Ala. (AP) — A judge must decide whether to sentence an Alabama woman to life or execution by lethal injection for the killing of her 9-year-old granddaughter, who prosecutors say died after being forced to run for hours for telling a lie.

Etowah County Circuit Judge Billy Ogletree scheduled a sentencing hearing for Monday afternoon for Joyce Hardin Garrard, 50.

Jurors who convicted Garrard of capital murder in March recommended a sentence of life without parole in the February 2012 death of Savannah Hardin. Garrard was convicted of killing her granddaughter by making her run for hours as punishment for a lie about candy.

Prosecutors sought the death penalty but said they were satisfied with the jury's suggestion of life after the trial.

But the jury's recommendation came on a 7-5 vote, and Ogletree could still sentence the woman to death by lethal injection under Alabama law.
[....]
"This case is the only case I know of where the perpetrator forced the victim to participate in her own death," he told jurors. "Joyce Garrard forced Savannah Hardin to help kill herself."

But the defense and relatives pleaded for life, and Garrard told jurors she didn't mean to harm the girl. Garrard testified that she was actually helping Savannah, who wanted to do better in foot races at school.
[....]

Fuck you, evil cunt, for trying to blame the victim. Yeah, I'm sure she asked you to run her to death. It will be fine with me if they draw out this decision process so she can contemplate her own demise. I still wish we could run her to death.

But the defense and relatives pleaded for life
Wouldn't they also be the relatives of the 9 year old granddaughter that she tortured and murdered?

That always gets me, why is this nasty, evil cunt's life more important than Savannah's? Where was all this love and concern and empathy when these evil cunts were torturing Savannah? Why didn't they fight for Savannah like they're fighting for this cunt to be spared?

I would plead to be the one that shoves that lethal needle into her vein. No way I would want any mercy. Looks like the relatives were sucked in by her lies.

An Alabama grandmother has been sentenced to life without the possibility of parole for running her nine-year-old granddaughter to death.

Joyce Hardin Garrard was convicted in March in the 2012 death, which prosecutors said was the result of punishing her granddaughter for lying about paying for candy.

On Monday, a judge in Gadsden, Alabama, accepted the jury's recommendation of a life sentence rather than the death penalty.
http://www.wltz.com/story/29039542/al-grandmother-sentenced-to-life-without-possibility-of-parole

Yeah, that fat, bloated bitch was training for a 10k and had to really push her slender, healthy 9-year-old to "get fit".

Too bad this evil blubber did not die running until her hateful body went into arrest.

Now, for the stepmom. Cunt.

Back