• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Anyone else notice shes lopsided?I mean she looks like shes tilting her head but shes not.

I probably should have said not helping the dumb blonde stereotype, But I didn't want to use the phrase because I find it so offensive! :D

Eh, no prob. I know there are some who would lump me in that particular category anyway.

But I'm not complaining about it.

I know there are some who would lump me in that particular category anyway.
I use that to my advantage. I know how smart I am but at the same time I know what I look like and what people perceive me to be based on that. I roll with it.

I like to be underestimated, it makes it so much more satisfying to mop the floor with their ignorant, judgmental, half-witted asses.:smug:

The main reason that I'm aware of for not having rear facing baby seats in the front seat is the (totally horrifying, but totally real) risk of the airbag deploying, breaking the car seat & DECAPITATING YOUR BABY! Isn't that F'd up!

Like @Abroad mentioned, as a mom it feels right to have your baby within arms reach-- but after hearing an actual car seat vs airbag decapitation story, I kept my kiddos in the backseat- they're much cuter with their heads attached!

Like @Abroad mentioned, as a mom it feels right to have your baby within arms reach-- but after hearing an actual car seat vs airbag decapitation story, I kept my kiddos in the backseat- they're much cuter with their heads attached!

Do you not trust the airbag disabling that is offered in most cars?

Idk I guess I would- when I first heard the decapitated baby story, back 15 yrs now, I don't think that was an option on most cars. I tagged you bc I remember putting my new baby all the way in the backseat, facing away from me & thinking 'this is stupid, what if she chokes or drops her binky- she needs to be closer to me!' It was only the fear of decapitation that kept her out of the front seat with mama!

In Canada kids can't ride upfront until they reach a certain weight....My kids had to sit in the back, every time we went to Dairy Queen they would roll down their windows and order from the back like they were in a limo or something.

November 12, 2015

Elizabeth Dove, 24, crashed into the teens on Jan. 15 while she was taking video of her 3-year-old son in the back seat of her car.

Dove averted her gaze as the three teens talked about their lives since the crash and their lingering injuries.

Judge Eric Bloch ordered Dove to serve 30 days for third-degree assault beginning in December and another 120 days for reckless driving starting in June, when she finishes her semester at Mount Hood Community College.

Dove must serve three years of probation and complete 200 hours of community service, including making public service announcements on distracted driving. She can't have a cellphone that has texting capabilities or is equipped with a camera while on probation. The judge allowed up to a year to determine a restitution amount for the three girls.

Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Annamarie Shoen requested that Dove be sentenced to a year in jail, while defense attorney Casey Kovacic asked that his client, a part-time dental assistant, avoid incarceration and be placed on probation.

Bloch said he wanted the sentence to send a strong message to Dove and the community about the consequences of distracted driving, but he didn't want to derail her pursuit of an education and ability to earn money to pay restitution.

Shoen said the case showed distracted driving is just as dangerous as driving drunk because Dove's attention wasn't on the road. And the teens will never be the same as a result, she said.

"(Dove) made one really bad choice," Shoen said, "and that one really bad choice has robbed these children of hundreds of choices they could make in their lives."

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2015/11/driver_on_cellphone_who_hit_te.html

The teens go into detail what their injuries were. Pretty sad.

She should have to pay restitution until they are 21. Fuck her and her tears. They werent for those girls, thats for damn sure.

Abroad the problem with that is other people are going to ride in the front so no it wouldn't be a good idea and kids are better off strapped in the back like serial killers where they don't distract you
[doublepost=1486421539,1486421236][/doublepost]
She should have to pay restitution until they are 21. Fuck her and her tears. They werent for those girls, thats for damn sure.
two of them have permanent serious injuries it sounded like, fuck her she should be paying allot more than what she got hit with

Back