• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
But despite my love of country music this is my favorite song EVER, and in my opinion the best that ever was and the best there ever will be.

Just came here to post some Melvins, and I see that someone else already posted Buzzo <#

One of my favorite albums, who's name pretty much sums up my life

The emotion in that face, you CAN'T fake it.I have untreated bi-polar disorder and this motherfucker heals me. RIP Kurt. No wonder I've always hated rock, all of the good ones were dead by the time I started listening to music.

THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC YOU WILL EVER HEAR IN YOUR LIFE! OMG. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. OMG. WOW.

Really? An idiotic, mumbling heroin addict who blew his head off with a shotgun? This is "the best music you will ever hear in your life?" I vehemently disagree, Jacob. The cacophony of mating felines is slightly less annoying than this putrid babble of incomprehensibility. I will leave you with a true musician...Signor Vivaldi.

I listened to Alison Krauss and Robert Plant doing some Zeppelin. They didn't do it for me.

They nailed it on this one. Alison Krauss sings the part Sandy Denny sang.

--Al

Brantley Gilbert's newly released video. It's been out for a couple of weeks but I have been holding off posting it until this weekend.

Easter was my Grandfather's favorite holiday season, he loved Good Friday and I was never a Daddy's Little Girl but because of who raised me I was Grand Daddy's Little Girl, this song hits home for me with him. He was a proud WWII vet, wounded in the war and died of cancer in 2000, 2 months after Evan was born. When he was diagnosed with cancer he had no fear, his heart was right and he was ready for God to take him home. I cry like a baby every time I hear this song.

So, for my grandfather, the greatest man I have met and the gold standard by which I measure all others: Brantley Gilbert "One Hell of An Amen":

Crikey! :jawdrop: Idk why I never get any watched thread/reg thread alerts on this one anymore, but there's a whole ton of awesome in here I didn't even know was here, lol. Gonna have to start checking the post dates themselves again. :watching:

REALLY enjoying the great mix and the best part is, with all the EPs, albums and collections you guys have been posting, I've got a full week's worth of playlist material just going back and forth playing catch up. :headphone: :cool:

I really wish we had double and triple awesomes for us music addicts for those times when you either recognize or hear something that hits just the riiiiiiight spot. :)

@Krystal - That song's truly awesome on its own, but what a beautiful tribute to your Grandfather. After reading your intro and listening to the song/vid, I got a little case of the misty eyes myself. Please accept this *salute* and thank you on his behalf. <3

Ugh yes. I saw High on Fire when they came around to this little undergoundish venue back in February. So much energy in such a small room, it was wicked.

Latest posts

Back