• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
wapufs.jpg

Police say a five-year-old boy in Virginia is in danger after his mother last saw him in their living room watching cartoons.

The search for Noah Thomas, from Dublin, has widened since he was first went missing when his mother decided to get another hour of sleep on Sunday morning.

The four-foot, 60lb redheaded child's mother saw the boy at 9am but went back to bed and couldn't find him and saw that the living room door was open when she woke back up around 10am or 10.30am.

continued overnight on Sunday and expanded to include more than 100 members of Virginia law enforcement near the boy's home in Pulaski County, according to WDBJ.

The FBI and Virginia State Police have become involved in the search.

Police and more than 100 volunteers who signed up to look for Noah in the small town have covered about 3.3 square miles.

Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis said that authorities have no evidence of foul play in his disappearance.

Investigators said search dogs stopped near the road near Noah's house, which is 'never typical'.

No suspicious vehicles were seen in the area.

The boy, who helped drop his mother and infant sibling drop his father off at work at 7am, is believed to be wearing a camouflage jacket, black and yellow paints and Spider-Man boots.

He may also be wearing a San Diego Chargers jersey with the number 21 on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-living-room-mother-decided-hour-sleep.html

Lots of suspicion here, I really hope the kid is alright but considering the search dogs stopped at the street.... he was driven somewhere by some one (my call is the mother). I know myself if I'm asleep and my door opens up it's an immediate wake up alarm for me. Maybe the house is big...

If I am beyond exhaustion and absolutely need to take a nap I put my munchkins in my room, put on a movie pop some popcorn, bring my two big ass dogs in and lock my bedroom door after setting the house alarm. And my mom thought I was paranoid... I don't end up getting much sleep with me, four kids and two dogs in a queen size bed...

Maybe something happened in that car when the Mum dropped the Father to work .. or something happened before Mum dropped the father to work ..Hence why the search dogs stopped at the kerb. Maybe Noah was already more than 'sleeping ' when he was put in the car that morning and he never came back home...

Admittedly , I've been wrong before so totally could be an innocent Mother though.

* squints eyes *

This story is tugging at my heartstrings as it's very similar to the story of Willow Long, my step daughters best friend who went "missing" after the mother said she woke up and she was watching cartoons, went back to sleep and woke up again and she was gone when in fact her uncle had slit her throat and dumped her body the night before. I hope this has a better outcome.

Ugh... I hate to speak too quickly, but... the family is involved somehow and I am willing to bet he is never found alive.

He's dead. I fucking knew it.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_fb880b36-441c-5918-b9e1-6043ec810c94.html

DUBLIN – After a flurry of activity around the home of five-year-old Noah Thomas, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent an email to members informing them that the child "has been located deceased."

According to the email obtained by The Roanoke Times, the organization began the announcement: "It is with great sadness and deep regret...."

The news came on the fifth day after it was reported that Noah was missing and after, earlier Thursday, the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office offered a $5,000 reward for any information leading to the location of Noah.

I'm kind of beside myself here. Dammit. I'm seeing rumors in comments he got ahold of mom's heroin and OD'd and she hid his body in there

I read somewhere else he was found in the septic tank, maybe it was just a horrible accident? I can't get that article to pull up though.

It's in the first article you cited.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_fb880b36-441c-5918-b9e1-6043ec810c94.html

The activity in and around the residence Thursday included FBI agents in hazmat suits. The home and the woods next to the home were roped off with police tape. A police presence had been focused around a septic tank area. Other media outlets, citing anonymous sources, have reported that Noah's body was found in the septic system. A law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, also confirmed that to The Roanoke Times this afternoon.

Heartbroken. He reminds me of my little one, cheeky little grin. Off to have a little cry, then will be plotting against the person responsible...I feel the revenge should involve toothpicks and possibly a womb...We shall see. :bored:

IF I ever took a nap when my kids were little, I napped in full view of them. Couch or chair with all the doors locked. I don't sleep too sound anyway, so everytime they moved I would see them.

I really hoped that his mother was blameless, but it seems she's not. Did someone see the presser at 6?

IF I ever took a nap when my kids were little, I napped in full view of them. Couch or chair with all the doors locked. I don't sleep too sound anyway, so everytime they moved I would see them.

I really hoped that his mother was blameless, but it seems she's not. Did someone see the presser at 6?

That's "mamma sleep". You rest but can hear everything :)

This damn blinking cursor drives me nuts.

I don't know what to say. Except I truly hope this was an accident. Please be an accident. Rest in peace Noah.

Wouldn't the dogs have caught his scent if he had walked himself to the septic tank?

And who the hell leaves a septic tank uncovered anyways??

I hate this woman, if she killed this boy because she wanted a fucking nap... The kid was fucking five there was no reason she couldn't nap. Was there a history of abuse? Was there an accident? Did mommy dearest cause the accident?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for crazy accident and not murderess mommy

Please let this be an accident .

I saw this on another site and wondered if he wandered over a tank and the lid flipped like this -

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-...ank_in_tewksbury_family_warns_of_dangers.html

The only other explanation is someone put him down there .

We've all done the Mum sleep - you have one eye shut and one eye open while they're in the room and everything's safe , but going to full on sleep and leaving small children awake is on a par as leaving them alone . It's dangerous and the little feckers get up to all sorts .

I don't think it's gonna be an accident, according to a quote from Noah's uncle:
You don't get in a septic tank by accident. Somebody's going to pay."

I second the uncles sentiment!

Eta link to the quote

I remember one time I was babysitting my 4 year old nephew, I made him some popcorn (about the only thing I could get him to eat) and put the TV on, Clifford the big Red Dog, Caillou, Zabomafoo and all that is going on and all of a sudden I hear boom and comes screaming into the room. I had fell asleep for about 3 minutes and he had decided to repop his old maids and his popcorn was in a metal pie pan and he blew up my microwave. I won't even tell the story of how he painted almost his entire body blue with a magic marker while I was in the bathroom, I swear I didn't fall asleep on the toilet. He's 19 now and I still call him Blue Boy or Smurf most of the time.

Kids are quick, I do know that, but putting him in the front room to watch TV while she went to sleep in the bedroom is stupid at the very least. I really hope it was an accident. I really wish I could make it not happen, but it did and his mother was in charge of him.

My hinky meter went sky high when I read the septic tank was empty. I envisioned this little boy drowning in the septic tank on accident. Sounds like he either fell in and died from a possible head injury or he was murdered and placed in there. IMHO

Also...all the other septic tanks in the neighborhood are four to five feet below ground. Why wasn't this one? It doesn't sound like it was in use...perhaps an older one on the property??

Last edited:
Oh bull SHIT this was an accident. If he were to have fallen into the tank by accident, the cover would have to be off/ajar and that leaves a pretty obvious hole - about the diameter of a pickle barrel - in the yard that a child can get into. (The cover isn't something a boy can close perfectly behind him so that it looks undisturbed. It is a cap that has to be lifted off and set back on the opening or riser; it isn't hinged to open and shut like a door.)

The only reason I can think that those 100+ searchers initially overlooked the tank is because it was properly capped when the search started. I can't imagine all those people overlooking an open septic tank and saying "Nah, he can't possibly be in there.".

Back