• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
30bjq02.jpg

Cops say a woman who struck three teens in a crosswalk with her car was distracted because she was taking a video of her baby while behind the wheel.

Elizabeth Rachel Dove, 23, faces third-degree assault, recklessly endangering and reckless driving in the Jan. 15 crash. Three teenage girls, all students at Centennial High School in Gresham, were injured in the crash.

Phone records outlined in court documents show that Dove was talking on the phone, texting and driving in the minutes immediately preceding the crash. Video recovered from her phone shows a clip of her infant son in the front passenger seat, which investigators determined that Dove hit the teenagers 1.42 seconds after the video ended.

When the teenagers entered the crosswalk, Dove "appears to have had no hands on the steering wheel," documents said. Police said the driver was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time.

One of the victims, Sarah Hollenbeck, 15, told KGW that the first thing she remembers after the crash is waking up on the pavement with her friends lying on the ground beside her.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6909222

To be fair, he may have been strapped into a rear-facing child-seat. That would explain how she thought she could get some good video.....
I strapped mine rear-facing in the back seat.
Still have a hard time letting my 12 y/o and 10 y/o sit in the front

So many irresponsible decisions here. It's really easy to hate her.

My standard advice to first time parents is generally that you can't take too many pictures of them in the beginning. I thought my ex was crazy when he'd shoot 36 pics of our newborn. (Yes, it was before we owned a digital camera.) Later, every single one of those is like a pretty shell on the beach to me- all the same but subtly different and enjoyable.

Guess I need to rethink how I phrase that advice from now on.

I'm glad she's so enthralled by her new son, but she needs to be more careful around other parent's kids. Thank God she didn't kill any of them.

To be fair, he may have been strapped into a rear-facing child-seat. That would explain how she thought she could get some good video.....
Over here child seats must be in the rear seats, particularly in a car with air bags. I'm not an expert despite currently having 3 small kids, but I cant think of any reason to have a child seat in the front of the vehicle.

Here is my advice. Put your god damn phone away while you drive. Nothing and I mean nothing, is so important that it can not wait until you are done driving. People will call you back and if taking pictures of your baby is important, buy a fucking webcam and stream it to yourself later.

What if her child had been killed in that crash. How would she be feeling now? Stupid twit.

Over here child seats must be in the rear seats, particularly in a car with air bags. I'm not an expert despite currently having 3 small kids, but I cant think of any reason to have a child seat in the front of the vehicle.

Things may have changed since I had friends with young children (hell, when I was a child we were loose in the back seat!); but it is often possible to disable the airbag for the passenger seat and a single adult travelling with a child might prefer to have it in the seat next to him or her where they can see them and reach over easily if they spit the dummy out or choke on spew. Not saying I would recommend it as I think it must be a terrible distraction, but .......

I cannot actually remember seeing a rear-facing child seat that was in the back seat anywhere except on the internet.......

I think "witless" is far too kind a word. This bitch didn't care about anyone else on the road, including her child. All she cared about is something that would get her a lot of likes when she shared it on Facebook. No, she is a narcissistic cunt. But she won't get remotely the same sentence she would have had this happened when she was drunk, and that's wrong.

Here's my advice, next time you see some dipshit teenagers in a crosswalk, speed up. No good excuse for why there's not 3 less of them fuckers in the world right now after this incident. Total failure.

THe woman should never be permitted to drive again, and not just cuz of her gender.

OMFG!!!!!!! If this dumb ass doesn't get some kind of time, and it should be a long time, it isn't justice. And please tell me somebody with a fucking brain has her baby. OMFG!!!!!

In the US children can't ride in the front seat of a car until age 12. If it were a truck with no back seat then the passenger side air bag would need to be turned off regardless of car seat placement. On top of the phone bullshit, she also broke the law by having her child in the front seat.

It's different across the pond?

This bitch is simply a self-absorbed cunt who couldn't be bothered caring about anyone else. I hope they put the baby in good hands so he doesn't learn his mother's narcissism and endanger more lives in the future. Just looking at her pisses me off cause you can tell the only thing she thinks about is herself, and she probably has a fucking mirror in every room of the house. Damn, I hate fucking cunt-bitches like her. A true piece of shit from the bottom up, and inside-out. I want that bitch in jail.

Here's my advice, next time you see some dipshit teenagers in a crosswalk, speed up. No good excuse for why there's not 3 less of them fuckers in the world right now after this incident. Total failure.

THe woman should never be permitted to drive again, and not just cuz of her gender.

First, Pete looks like you ..
Now, you sound like him.................wtf is going on around here??

I wanna punch that nasty smug look off of her face. Just punch her bloody. Who the hell is dumb enough to think this is a good idea? Can we sterilize her if she agrees to having her sentence reduced for it. I don't want her to breed again. She doesn't care about anyone but herself.

It's different across the pond?

The rules in Denmark say that any child under 135 cm/25 kg (they expect this to be around the age of 8 years old) should be in a child seat or on a booster seat. The automobile drivers association recommend putting all children in the back seat, but if one wants to have a smaller child in the front passenger seat, by law they should be in a backwards facing child seat with the airbags disabled.

http://www.fdm.dk/biler/biludstyr/autostole/autostol-regler-lovgivning

Now, you sound like him.................wtf is going on around here??

I don't think there's anything odd about two people here who just happen to always hold the correct, most intelligent viewpoints. Then again, given this place, i suppose it is pretty wild to have that many people posting great stuff.

Police said the driver was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time.

Nope. Bitch is just brainless and utterly, depressingly idiotic!
Bitch, I hope you get slapped with the book for this one.
Dumb ass....

I don't think there's anything odd about two people here who just happen to always hold the correct, most intelligent viewpoints. Then again, given this place, i suppose it is pretty wild to have that many people posting great stuff.

Your self confidence is admirable....But still falsely advertised sweet cheeks :kiss::devil:

When the teenagers entered the crosswalk, Dove "appears to have had no hands on the steering wheel," documents said. Police said the driver was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time.

LMAO, I don't take that as a positive. Not drunk? WTF!!?? Should punish her even more because of that. They make it sound like it's cause for leniency, I could completely argue the opposite. At the very least, never let her drive again.

"Snowflake" is lucky he ain't an "ice cube" right about now. I hope "stupid" isn't hereditary. Somebody has to remember not to stick a fork in the toaster... Jeez.

You probably don't realize it, but I'm blonde. Sure, it was alot lighter when I was a kid, more of a dishwater blonde now. But, yeah, I'm one of 'em. One of the good ones, that is. And driving with a cell phone? My number one pet peeve. Don't even own a cell myself.

She might not have been drunk or on drugs but technology devices have caused a new kind of addiction that is actually worse than drugs because a lot of people don't see anything wrong with it. This new fascination from people wanting to document every aspect of a child's life or their own really shows how self entitlement has affected everyone. Her baby and the teenagers all could have been killed for what? A video of an every day occurrence of her baby in a car seat. EVERYONE NEEDS TO DISCIPLINE THEMSELVES AND PUT THEIR PHONES AWAY WHERE THEY CANNOT REACH THEM WHILE THEY ARE DRIVING!!!

You probably don't realize it, but I'm blonde. Sure, it was alot lighter when I was a kid, more of a dishwater blonde now. But, yeah, I'm one of 'em. One of the good ones, that is. And driving with a cell phone? My number one pet peeve. Don't even own a cell myself.
I probably should have said not helping the dumb blonde stereotype, But I didn't want to use the phrase because I find it so offensive! :D

Latest posts

Back