• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
6tcmqs.jpg
The teenaged grandson of the 70-year-old man found dead in his Sterling home Thursday has been charged
[...]
Sterling Police identified Brendan Lee Johnson, 19, and his girlfriend, Cassandra Ann Rieb, 18, as suspects in the death of Charles Roger Severance at a media conference held
[...]
Johnson, who is the grandson of Charles Severance, and Rieb face first-degree murder, aggravated robbery, forgery and theft charges
[...]
Police responded to a medical call at 409 S. 3rd Ave. in Sterling Thursday. When officers arrived on scene they found the body of Charles Severance.

At the time, detectives were unable to locate Charles Severance’s wife, 70-year-old Shirley Severance, who also resides at the Sterling home.

Late Monday evening, investigators uncovered the remains of Shirley Severance at two different locations.

One of the locations was at the Prewitt Reservoir, about 18 miles southwest of Sterling along Highway 6, police said. The second location was several miles west
[...]
An autopsy will be conducted Wednesday at the McKee Medical Center in Loveland, investigators said.

Johnson and Rieb are scheduled to appear in a Logan County District court Wednesday at 8:45 a.m.
http://kdvr.com/2014/06/03/grandson-charged-in-death-of-70-year-old-sterling-man/

Sterling police arrested a teenager and his girlfriend Tuesday in connection with the killing of the teen's grandmother and grandfather, and charged the pair with murder.
[...]
Police found the body of Charles Severance when they responded to a medical call at his Sterling home on Thursday.

They found that his wife was missing.

"Late yesterday evening and into the early hours of this morning, investigators discovered the remains of Shirley Anne Severance at two different locations,"
[....]
Investigators found part of the woman's body at the Prewitt Reservoir, about 18 miles southwest of Sterling in northeastern Colorado. More remains were found several miles west of Lorenzo, Neb., a few miles north of the Colorado border.

Johnson and Rieb were arrested early Tuesday and charged with murder, aggravated robbery, forgery and theft.
[...]
Grandson and girlfriend arrested in slaying of Sterling grandparents - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...-murder-elderly-sterling-couple#ixzz33dIqGD9j

The fuck?! Was it worth it? You'll spend your lives in prison because of your idiotic decision. What, you wanted their pension? life savings? I hate kids!

Wow they did this to his grandparents??!! Another lazy entitled punk who believes the world owes him. This is so sad. I hope they languish in prison until they reach the age of his grandparents at the very least and have to look a pics of their dead bodies and the carnage they created! I can't believe they mutilated his grandmother and her body is in pieces. How sick and twisted. They couldn't just take the money and run.

Greeeeaaaaat. Both of them worked at Wal-Mart.
I swear I won't murder my grandparents. (They're already dead, but that's beside the point.)

Damn why couldn't I see that cartoon?

As someone who lived with her grandparents, that's utterly despicable. I feel sorry for his mom, she had just posted Monday night they were still looking and now she knows her own son killed her parents.

And that girlfriend has crazy eyes. Ew.

Did they shed any light on why they felt the need to spread Grandma in 2 different locations?

They didn't, but I was wondering why they did too. CBS4 news here did report that during the murder Cassandra tried smothering grandma with a pillow, and when that didn't work, Brendan Johnson strangled her. Then they supposedly took two trips to Nebraska to dispose of grandma's remains. I'm searching for an article to confirm that...sorry I don't have more now, but I'll post when I do.

I guess they're not the criminal masterminds they made themselves out to be. What in the hell is wrong with kids?? Killing your grandparents over an inheritance? They live in an 880 sq.ft. bungalow FFS! (it's on Zillow) The only source of money I can see would be an insurance policy.

Tip to parents and the elderly: If your relations seem a little squirrely and you have an insurance policy, it'd be best to let everyone know you DON'T have one and save them the trouble of murdering you for your money. Consider their ignorance of the truth an alternative form of life insurance.

In a plan to collect his inheritance early, a Colorado teen murdered his grandparents with the help of his girlfriend
[...]
Brendan Johnson, 19, and his girlfriend, 18-year-old Cassandra Rieb, were arrested Tuesday, suspected of killing his 70-year-old grandparents, Charles and Shirley Severance.

The teens told police they killed the couple last month for Johnson's inheritance: $20,000 and a small Sterling, Colo., home worth $47,000,
[...]
Police said the young couple wanted to smother the grandparents as they slept, but Charles Severance was awake when the teens sneaked in. Johnson told police that he began choking the man and that his grandfather likely died of a heart attack during the fight.

Next, the teens went after Shirley Severance. They strangled and stabbed the woman with a kitchen knife
[...]
"Together we went, and we did it together," Rieb told police,
[....]
Like one get one and one get the other."

The teens burned Shirley Severance's body, then took the charred remains to Nebraska
[...]
The suspects told investigators that they planned to do the same with Charles Severance's body, but the 70-year-old was too heavy to carry.

Instead, they cleaned the grandparents' Colorado home and called 911 nine days later to report Charles Severance dead and his wife missing.

The teens face possible first-degree murder, aggravated robbery and forgery charges. Both are held without bond.
Johnson had recently graduated from high school,
[...]
Classmates of the accused couple
[...]
that Johnson and Rieb were opposites: They described Rieb as studious and popular and Johnson as a bully.

"She probably followed him,"
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...andparents-inheritance-cops-article-1.1818061

The grandparents were 70 years old. :( I loved to talk to my grandparents when I visited them in Mexico, they had so much history to give, they lived through so many things.

These people led an honest and humble life just to have their own grandkid kill them. Bastard.

When I get old I'm spending all my money. I ain't leaving anyone shit. :smug:

Teen couple who 'strangled the boy's grandparents to death and burned a victim's dismembered body because he wanted to inherit $20,000' could face the death penalty
A teenage couple from Colorado accused of murdering the boy's grandfather and killing and dismembering his grandmother for his inheritance could face the death penalty.

Prosecutors are actively seeking the maximum penalty for Brendan Johnson, 20, and his girlfriend, 18-year-old Cassandra Rieb from Colorado, who allegedly strangled Charles and Shirley Severance, both 70, to death at their home
[...]
Police say Rieb told them Johnson wanted to inherit their house and $20,000 from their checking account.
District Attorney Brittny Lewton said Friday that Johnson and Rieb are charged with 14 and 13 felony counts respectively, including two counts of first-degree murder
[...]
Johnson was just 19 at the time of the slaying.

Police say the teens dumped some of Shirley Severance's remains at a reservoir near Sterling and others about 30 miles away across the state line
[...]
the couple admitted that they had begun planning the murders in early May following their arrest.

‘We had agreed to do it together; Obviously… like one get one and the other get the other one,’ Cassandra Reib was allegedly quoted as saying in the affidavit obtained
[...]
Rieb told investigators Shirley Severance offered her and her grandson money, but the pair stabbed and strangled the woman to death anyway.
[...]
The 70-year-old Mr Severance put up a fight, and Johnson told police he believed the elderly man ultimately died of a heart attack.
In the meantime his girlfriend confronted and tried to strangle Shirley Severance.
[...]
grandson attempted to slit her throat, but missed and cut her jaw. Mrs Severance tried to flee, but Johnson pulled her back into the house and stabbed her multiple times before strangling her with a string.

Before she died, Shirley Severance reportedly asked her attackers ‘why are you doing this to me?’ according to Rieb. Johnson
[....]
responded: ‘You know why.’
The couple escaped in Charles Severance’ truck after Johnson allegedly wrote out two fake checks and forged his grandfather’s signature.
[....]
Johnson revealed during questioning that after he doused his grandmother’s body with gasoline and lit it on fire at a reservoir near Sterling, he tried to hack off an arm and a leg.

The pair came back to collect the scorched remains buried in a fire pit a few days later, but could not get to them because there were people camping in the area.
[...]
Johnson's next court appearance will be October 27 and Rieb's will be September 19.

Because of a court-issued order regarding pre-trial publicity, the 13th Judicial District Attorney's Office said no more information will be released.

If convicted, they could face life without parole or the death penalty.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...body-wanted-inherit-20-000.html#ixzz3CbC7DAE3

Especially delightful for those of us who only had one grandparent (or none), who died when we were very young. Murdering. Ingrates. Good riddance to total garbage.

20k..... not 200k, not 2mil, but 20k.... Now That is fucking petty. I dont condone murdering your relatives over ANY dollar amount, but come on, it takes a very special kind of stupid to kill your own grandparents over a measly twenty thousand dollars. Thats like, one years worth of pay if you work at an Arbys.

The pair came back to collect the scorched remains buried in a fire pit a few days later, but could not get to them because there were people camping in the area.
With my luck, I'd pick the campsite with the body in the fire pit.

20k..... not 200k, not 2mil, but 20k.... Now That is fucking petty. I dont condone murdering your relatives over ANY dollar amount, but come on, it takes a very special kind of stupid to kill your own grandparents over a measly twenty thousand dollars. Thats like, one years worth of pay if you work at an Arbys.
Yup. 20k is not that much money at all and will not last very long. Those kids are cold, callous, ghoulish as well as serious fucktards if that's the best they could plan over the span of four months. My heart breaks for the other family members.

Johnson, 20, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Thursday for killing Charles and Shirley Severance in May 2014. He will serve a life sentence in prison without the possibility of parole.

Prosecutors allege Johnson and his then 18-year-old girlfriend killed the couple, both 70 years old. Charles Severance's body was found in his Sterling home. Shirley Severance's body was dismembered and dumped in two locations.

Johnson's girlfriend, Cassandra Rieb, refused to take a plea deal. She entered a not guilty plea in court on Thursday. Her trial is scheduled for September.

If convicted, Rieb could become one of the youngest women in the U.S. to be sent to death row.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/investigations/2015/03/13/sterling-plea-grandparents/70272704/

If convicted, Rieb could become one of the youngest women in the U.S. to be sent to death row.
Good. I have a burning hatred toward anyone who can hurt a grandparent.

And what because she was an ignorant, greedy cunt? Fuck her and let her rot on death row until all her appeals run out and she finally gets the hot shot.

I dearly loved my grandparents. They gave me some of the best years of my life. These motherfuckers are both simply inhuman, and deserve inhumane treatment.

It amazes me how idiots like this think they're just gonna walk away from the crime and live happily ever after. It would be nice to think their punishment will serve as an example to others, maybe deterring some scheming grandchild right now from harming an elder.

So stupid, and all over fucking money.

Last edited:
These grandparents could have been miserable old fucks. Old people far too often get a free pass.

Not condoning the actions of these degenerates, but the "oh no, not grandparends!!!" bullshit si a bunch of nonsense.

I cannot believe that nobody has commented on either the last name "Severance" in conjunction with someone dismembering a corpse or the name Cassandra in conjunction with how predictable the failure of whatever they had that passed for a plan was.......

Latest posts

Back