• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

I got chills when I saw this article this morning as I am currently reading Buried Secrets by Edward Humes. Thanks @gatekeeper for the reading suggestion. His disappearance is eerily similar to Mark Kilroy's in that he was separated from his friends, however in this instance the body was found intact. Must admit I'm very curious as to Jordan's cause of death.

IbWWNtPb.jpg

A missing spring breaker was found dead in a marsh near a South Padre Island water park, Texas authorities said.

Jordan Britten, 20, was wearing just his boxers when cops and cadaver dogs made the grim discovery Thursday morning, a city spokesman said.

Investigators previously found marijuana, what appeared to be ecstasy pills and other unknown pills in the Central Texas College student’s silver Mazda.

“At this time we’re investigating all possibilities considering the fact that we did find drugs in his car,” South Padre Island city spokesman Adrian Rodriguez told the Daily News.

Britten was partying on Friday with friends at a concert at the Schlitterbahn water park when he wandered off.

The friends later returned home without the college student from Killeen, but Britten never showed up.

The friends eventually contacted Britten’s mother, who reported him missing on Monday, Rodriguez said.

Authorities quickly discovered the Mazda parked next to Schlitterbahn, but there was no sign of Britten.

Searches by helicopter, rescue boat and ground patrols all turned up nothing until about 10 a.m. local time on Thursday when officers discovered the young man’s nearly naked corpse hidden among the reeds and cattails of the marsh.

The death is “suspicious” because of the drugs in the car, but it wasn’t immediately clear how Britten died or why he ended up in the marsh.

“A healthy 20-year-old doesn’t just wander off into the marsh and die, so we are investigating all possibilities,” Rodriguez said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...und-dead-south-padre-island-article-1.2163745

ETA: @gatekeeper has a great article regarding Mark Kilroy here
www.dreamindemon.com/.../spring-break-memories-of-famous-brownsville- matamoros-ritual-murders-via-santeria-gone-bad.77002/

Last edited:
Sadly, it sounds like bad pills or too many of them. I do know of a couple of young men who died from taking bad ecstasy or too much of it. He was wearing boxers as though he'd stripped down from overheating / sweating. And maybe he was so thirsty the marsh-water looked appealing, or he wanted to cool off.

Officials have released the autopsy report of Jordan Britten, who was found dead on South Padre Island during Spring Break. His death was ruled accidental, according to the report. The cause of death was listed as “immersion hypothermia and drowning.”

The report also lists “acute drug intoxication” as an “other significant condition” in his death, though no drugs are listed. In a March interview with the PRESS, South Padre Island Police Chief Randy Smith said that a quantity of what appeared to be the designer drugs molly and ecstasy were found in Britten’s vehicle.

Britten, a 20-year-old Killeen native, went missing on March 21 after attending an Ultimate Music Experience (UME) concert at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort with two friends. The trio became separated after the concert and witnesses reported seeing Britten, shirtless, looking disoriented. It was reported that he had lost his keys but was denied re-entrance to the venue.

Britten’s disappearance sparked a massive search involving multiple local, state and federal agencies, including the South Padre Island Police Department and Customs and Border Protection. The search occurred over land, by sea and by air.

Britten’s vehicle was discovered in the Schlitterbahn parking lot on March 24. His body was discovered partially submerged by a search and rescue dog in a wetlands area near the resort just two days later.
LINK

Back