• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Boy-with-gun-2.png

HUDSON, FL
– A 13-year-old boy shot and killed his 6-year-old brother and wounded his 16-year-old brother before committing suicide, following a heated argument over food.

The three siblings were home alone Wednesday while their mother and an older brother were at work. At some point they were eating dinner and an argument broke out over food.

That’s when authorities say the 13-year-old retrieved a handgun and used it to fatally shoot his little brother. He then shot his older brother before turning the gun on himself.

The 16-year-old suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was able to call police. The scene was reportedly so grisly that a crisis intervention team was brought in for the responding deputies.

“This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages of these boys,” said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. “A 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food, and he lost his life.”

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com#ixzz3VUs5OaQl

*stomach lurch and head drop* Let me guess, the gun was "hidden" in the headboard or under the mattress...Just...yeah. :(

Parents got exactly what they deserved. I do feel badly for the dead 6 year-old and the older brother:meh:

My boys would do this. Food is VERY, VERY serious in my house.

:sarcasm: But only partially, no guns but definitely fists.

we might have the occasional fork to the thigh
In my house that's usually from me.:oops: My Hubby kept taking food off my plate one meal and I told him I'd stab him with a fork, he did it again, so I did:smug:. Okay, it was a gentle poke but he got the point.:happy:

I'm the only female among 5 males and am a size 0, Mama needs a Goddamn meal now and again.:shifty:

2199vzp.jpg

A dinnertime quarrel between three unsupervised brothers in Florida turned deadly when one of the boys got a gun.

A 13-year-old boy shot two of his brothers — killing one of them — and then killed himself Wednesday during the dinner-table fight over food, deputies said.

The teen shot and killed his 6-year-old brother, shot and injured his 16-year-old brother and then turned the gun on himself inside the family's Hudson mobile home Wednesday, the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said.

...."A 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food and he lost his life."

The boys' mom and their 18-year-old brother were not at home when the brothers sat down to dinner....

When the three started fighting over the meal, the 13-year-old got a handgun and started shooting, deputies said.

The injured 16-year-old called 911 to report the shooting at the Sugar Lane Mobile Home Park. He posted about the attack on social media as he waited for first responders, deputies said. He is expected to recover.

Investigators are working to determine how the teen got the gun.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-boy-13-kills-brother-food-fight-sheriff-article-1.2162900

This story screams to me 1. Kids even at 13 cannot look past their emotions to consequences and 2. working parents need to pay for day care a lot longer than anyone can afford..

2. working parents need to pay for day care a lot longer than anyone can afford
The kids in this story are 18, 16, 13 and 6. Not exactly day care aged. While I don't think that older siblings need to be made de facto parents, at ages 18 and 16 (even some at 13) there is little to no reason why they couldn't help their parents out for a bit while the parents worked.

Oh, and yes, day care is incredibly unaffordable for many, many family. So we totally agree there.

The kids in this story are 18, 16, 13 and 6. Not exactly day care aged. While I don't think that older siblings need to be made de facto parents, at ages 18 and 16 (even some at 13) there is little to no reason why they couldn't help their parents out for a bit while the parents worked.

Oh, and yes, day care is incredibly unaffordable for many, many family. So we totally agree there.
Totally agree with you..it just seems there are a number of kids committing crimes like this and parents HAVE to work.. They can't all be f'd up psychopaths, can they? If so, then we better figure out wtf is going on..however this is Florida, something is in the water down there...

My ex...called protective services on me when my kids were small 4 and six at the time. The youngest stabbed the older with a fork at the dinner table when they were arguing lol

Just throwing this out there, but as the investigators are still figuring out how the kid got the gun, could it have been the oldest (18 yro)s gun? And perhaps the mom didnt know about it? Either way the burden of guilt on either one im sure is crushing!

she posted this four days ago :(

Not sure where to start.My life could be an award winning book.Needless to say,me and my boys have had to start over from uncontrolled circumstances,too many times.Divorce,theft, abuse...I have sold almost everything I own to make a better life for my boys,more than once.My four boys are my world and I revolve and live for them.I work 7 days a week self employed being able to work around them.9 months ago our lives were turned upside down from unexpected removal of a loved one.We pushed forward..2 months ago I was hit at a red light.Due to that and being a single mom once again,my work production and finances had been hit hard. I now have an unreliable car that limits my work travel and live with a handicap and other health conditions that you know just a little about.Im not allowing it to change me.Im adapting and pushing forward best I can.BUT I need help.Ive never asked for anything from anyone.Im the one who takes care of everyone else and loves doing so.It weighs heavy asking for help but I need to break and do so for my boys.Keeping it short,I have about 2weeks to find and move into another home.Im catching up very slowly,but have no means of getting deposit to move.I work as much as I can.I regretfuly feel like I never see my boys.They are so good and so understanding.They do more than their share at home and for me.Least I can do is put them in a good home.I believe in paying it forward and try to do my part everyday.Family and friends kep pushing me to set up this account but I felt like it was me giving up.I never give up..I am asking for your help with gathering deposit.Forgive me for my grammar lol.I am half asleep due to no sleep from other worries not mentioned..I thank you dearly for anything and thank you for being apart of my life.

Just throwing this out there, but as the investigators are still figuring out how the kid got the gun, could it have been the oldest (18 yro)s gun? And perhaps the mom didnt know about it? Either way the burden of guilt on either one im sure is crushing!

It was hers. She had it for protection and all the kids had been trained in safety. It was not unusual for the boys to be home alone while she worked and the 16 year old was actually in a vocational high school for culinary arts and enjoyed cooking.

It was hers. She had it for protection and all the kids had been trained in safety. It was not unusual for the boys to be home alone while she worked and the 16 year old was actually in a vocational high school for culinary arts and enjoyed cooking.
Yes i read an article stating that and really i stil cany find fault in the mom too much as she is a single mom, and i have to say from my own experience trailer parks are not the utmost in security!

Back