• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

PXVvQ0tb.png

A Phoenix woman who said her son was high on drugs when he attacked her Sunday night thanked the stranger who fatally shot the man during the attack.

Victoria Mendez, who was released from an area hospital after suffering stab wounds, did not see her son, Hakeem Shawky, in the months before the attack because he was suffering with a drug addiction, KPHO/KTVK reported.

She told the station that her son popped his head into her car window to give her a kiss, but he instead started slashing at her throat and grabbing her. She got out of the car and he continued the assault, she said. Her screams alerted a neighbor, whom she did not know, who confronted Shawky with a gun.

"He [the neighbor] said, 'Stop or I’m going to shoot,'" she told the station. Her son continued the attack and was shot once, but he seemed unfazed, she said. The neighbor reportedly fired a second shot that ended the attack.

She said that the neighbor had no other option and did the right thing. She blamed crystal meth for her son's downfall.

"My son is very gentle and he's very loving, and he's a good boy," Mendez told the station. "But that thing wasn't him. I don't think parents understand what they're dealing with. It's a very, very dangerous business. Crystal meth is stealing our kids and turning them into murderers."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/2...lly-shoots-son-attacking-mom/?intcmp=trending

My gods, how incredibly sad all the way around. Bless this mom for her clarity, insight and strength in seeing things for what they were, and the neighbor for reacting to save her life. "Crystal meth is stealing our kids and turning them into murderers." Along with a couple others, you are so right on, mom. :( <3

It must be heart-breaking to have a child whose life is taken over by this kind of crap. I can only imagine the devastation left in one's heart.

At least she didn't lose her life, and her son can't commit any more crime that may ultimately kill others.

That poor mom. How surreal this all must be. I can't imagine seeing your own child and being barely able to recognize any part of who he's become because of something like crystal meth. The 'who he was and who he became' must be impossible to deal with.:(

Having stumbled down the road of addiction, this ranks as one of my biggest fears, my son(s) following my footsteps. I cannot imagine Mom's pain and heartbreak right now and at the same time her absolute relief that her never-ending nightmare is finally over.:(

Also, the neighbor that had to do the killing. I hope the neighbor gets help to deal with everything.:(

The hardest thing in the world for a mother must be to thank a stranger for killing your child.

I would never do Crystal meth, but I hear it's ahelluva drug. After all the stories I've read about nasty meth heads, I'll stick to weed, lol

Okay, @JennaLiz , what's up with the Crap rating on that comment? I say way more offensive things on a regular basis so this one has me stumped.

Wow - what a story. Drugs change people so much, and this poor Mother had to watch it happen, and then watch her son die due to the drugs. Very sad. Thankfully the neighbour was there, as the ending could have been very different.

I don't really look at this situation as the neighbor who killed this poor woman's son. I look at it as meth killed him slowly over time and before he attacked his mother he was already mentally dead. If he wasn't hooked on it than chances are this situation would have turned out differently. Meth can cause major hallucinations and he could have seen his mother as a .threat and that's why he tried to kill her but no one will ever know what he was actually thinking. The way he was living was not living and not worth staying alive for. If there is any solace in this for the mother, she knows he's better off dead than like he was. She knows he's not suffering anymore and not living on the streets as a target for a drug dealer or a thug and he's not going to hurt anyone else. I guess given the circumstances if a child of mine did this I would prefer being the one he attacked rather than someone else being hurt. He was pretty messed up so he probably didn't know what was going on or suffer much. The neighbor was just assisting him to cross over to a better place than where he was. He did him and her both a favor.

Last edited:
Crystal meth is stealing our kids and turning them into murderers."

Um nope, your dipshit kids are CHOOSING to partake in a drug, CHOOSING to give in to their addiction, and CHOOSING to act out on their selfish impulses and desires. The drug is just a motivator, your kid was a shit head lady.

and then watch her son die due to the drugs.

He didn't die due to drugs. He died cuz he tried to kill his mom and she was a loud screamer, and had a gun nut neighbor.

He didn't die due to drugs. He died cuz he tried to kill his mom and she was a loud screamer, and had a gun nut neighbor.

True, but he wouldn't have tried to kill her without the drugs.

Perhaps I should have said 'watch her son die due to poor choices due to the drugs', but I still stand by my statement that the drugs contributed to his death.

Should the neighbour have stood by and watched him kill his mother, or turned away?

True, but he wouldn't have tried to kill her without the drugs.

We have absolutely no way of knowing that. I'd venture to guess this mother had no way of knowing that either herself, parents often form a bizarre inability to see their children for the trash they are.

Besides, plenty of people, most people who partake actually, do drugs and don't commit violent crimes. This guy was rotten scum before the drugs.

Should the neighbour have stood by and watched him kill his mother, or turned away?

Of course not. This isn't a story out of England or California, men should be expected to conduct themselves like men in this case.

If i didn't know people that used to be decent before meth or benzos, I'd say, yeah sure lady, your son was a total fawn.
It's sad really. Cases like this just remind me why I'm totally interested in the anatomy of the downslide, and what i believe is the intersection between drugs, mental illness and evil.
And I've practiced the power of positivity/the law of attraction before with amazing results... Until something bad would happen and i would acknowledge the negativity in an attempt to vent and keep myself from getting more ulcers, and in doing so, i apparently attracted more negativity. Just by acknowledging it. That's where i get off the damn train.
I feel like this is what happens to a lot of lost people. Either they are just reacting reasonably to shit circumstances, or they make bad decisions and brought karma upon themselves, but the punishment is never connected to the cause so the behavior never changes or it even escalates as they get more and more fed up with a world that just seems to want them to suffer.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying anyone's assholery because there is no excuse to spread ones own misery to anyone else. I've been homeless and strung out on heroin, but i would've sold my own body before i stole from another person. I just think that we've got a lot of broken people that will never become productive members of society if we don't make doing so seem attainable and desirable to them, and sometimes you have to put things into selfish terms that even an asshole can understand and tell them what's in it for them.

Latest posts

Back