• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

mFwj2Rv.jpg

Thousands of killer bees attacked three family dogs in a Southern California backyard, killing all three pups after their barking stirred up the swarm.

Linnea Chapman had no idea a huge hive filled with the Africanized honey bees was sitting in her neighbor’s backyard inside a shed along North Olive Street in Santa Ana, she told KTLA-TV.

She returned home from an errand Wednesday and didn’t hear the usual barking from the backyard trio of Australian shepherds, she told the station.

She grabbed a flashlight and went out back to investigate. The oldest pooch was dead inside a dog run. The other two were nearby, also lifeless.

“It still wasn’t registering,” she told KTLA.

The town animal control agent quickly solved the mystery after arriving on scene. Chapman suspected poisoning, but Sonia Berg, the Santa Ana animal control officer, found evidence of the huge hive next door.

“The dogs were barking because the pool guys were here cleaning the pool and that agitated the bees enough that they attacked,” Berg told the TV station.

Thousands of bees attacked, filling a water bowl and ending up dead and matted in the fur of Bartlett, Bailey and Remy, all three of whom had been stung repeatedly.

“The bees were covering the dogs’ bodies,” Berg said. “There was thousands of bees and there are thousands of bees that are dead still on her property.”

A bee service came to remove the massive hive, which was still swarming with the killer bees even after thousands had died in the attack of the dogs. The neighbors were completely unaware the bees had taken up residence in the backyard shed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...m-sting-death-3-family-dogs-article-1.2163496

RIP Bartlett, Bailey and Remy

I know this article is not too exciting for the DD, but when I saw their pictures :( Just thought it was a terrible way to go. I could see them trying to bite at them, try running, until they were just overwhelmed...
Started having flashbacks to the movie, which was excellent by the way.:popcorn:

Horrible. I hate it when bad things happen to animals. Damn bees. I know we need bees but why do they have to be so angry?

Back