• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Killroy

The D'D Front Page
Kyle Dube Charged With The Murder Of Nichole Cable

BANGOR, Maine – Police have charged 20-year-old Kyle Dube with the murder of Nichole Cable, the 15-year-old who has been missing since Mother’s Day.
According to the girl’s mother, Cable was last seen near her home before she went to meet Dube, whom she met through Facebook. Dozens of law enforcement officers, using aircraft and dogs, and hundreds of civilian volunteers, spent days searching for Cable.
The day after Cable was reported missing, Dube posted the following to his Facebook regarding his girlfriend, who is not Cable:
“OK so I don’t with the droma. Let’s get this straight. I KYLE DUBE is and always will be with [my girlfriend]. We have had are up and downs but we have worked them out so stop talking to me if you are trying to flirt and guys you better stop hitting on [her] I get crazy when I’m pissed off and I’m about there.â€￾
Cable’s best friend said Dube and Nichole had met on Facebook a couple of months earlier and had been hanging out with each other.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

BANGOR, ME —Earlier this month we reported that 20-year-old Kyle Dube had been charged with the murder of 15-year-old Nichole Cable. Yesterday an affidavit reveals that Nichole died after*Kyle intended to kidnap Nichole, hide her and then find her so he could be deemed a hero. Unfortunately for Nichole, Kyle is an idiot who accidentally killed her in the process.
Nichole went missing on Mother’s Day after leaving her home*to meet someone she had met on Facebook named Bryan Butterfield. A week later, after receiving information from several sources, police found Nicole’s dead body in a wooded area. The following day, Kyle Dube was charged with intentional and knowing murder.
At the time we first reported on this, there were not a lot of details regarding the relationship between Kyle and Nichole. The information in the affidavit fills in some of those blanks. Turns out Kyle had made sexual advances towards Nichole, but Nichole had turned him down. Kyle then created a fake Facebook profile using someone else’s identity and began communicating online with Nichole.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

Nichole Cable wanted 'a free 20 bag' before her murder
Text messages between Nichole Cable and the man accused of killing her reveal that she might have been lured out of her home under the false promise of "a 20 bag," but of what is not sure. Was this teen using marijuana or a harder drug before falling victim to a violent death?

The text messages indicate that Cable was being groomed by the accused killer Kyle Dube -- who posed as the fake name Bryan Butterfield. A mask was found with Dube's DNA on the inside, indicating that he wore the mask, taking Cable by surprise. A chase ensued, and she lost at least one of her sneakers in the process.

[....] He had plans of kidnapping and then "rescuing" the Maine teen, but she died on accident. However, Cable's past experiences with the man indicate otherwise. It's known now that Kyle Dube had already tried to force himself on Nichole Cable, even leaving bite marks on her. Perhaps the motive behind the kidnapping is far more sinister than his claims of needing to be a "hero."
http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...m_campaign=Outbrain&utm_source=Outbrain2Cents

Was this teen using marijuana or a harder drug before falling victim to a violent death?

Who gives a fuck? The drugs had zip, zilch and zero to do with her murder. That just happened to be what this asshole used to lure her, if it hadn't been drugs it would have been something else.

With a ski mask, a fake Facebook profile and a plan, police say Kyle Dube thought he could make himself a hero.

Now the 21-year-old Maine man is set to go on trial, charged with killing a teenage girl in what authorities call a botched attempt to look like he was rescuing her from a kidnapping.

Dube's murder trial is expected to last two weeks and his defense has already received one setback: The judge will not allow his attorneys to name his ex-girlfriend as an alternative suspect in the killing of 15-year-old Nichole Cable.

Dube, of Orono, is accused of using a fake Facebook profile to set up a meeting with the Glenburn teen in May 2013 but ended up killing her in the process of a kidnapping investigators say he intended to solve himself.

Defense attorneys wanted to name Dube's former girlfriend, who was dating Dube at the time of the killing, as an alternative suspect, saying the girl disliked Cable because she believed Cable and Dube were seeing each other. But Superior Court Justice Ann Murray on Friday granted the state's motion to exclude defense attorneys from naming another possible suspect.

Murray's order said that Dube "set forth a tenuous suggestion of motive" in his call for the alternative suspect. The defense's request "does not reasonably establish any connection between" the girl and the crime, she wrote. There was also no evidence that the girl was at or near Cable's home on the night of Cable's disappearance, she wrote.

[...]

Defense attorneys and prosecutors declined to comment on the case until Monday's opening statements.

Cable's father, David Cable, declined to comment on the trial beyond saying, "if you're a father, you know how I'm feeling right now." Her mother, Kristine Wiley, declined to comment.

Friends and classmates of Nichole Cable at Old Town High School said after Dube's arrest that they planned to reduce or end their use of social media. Nearly two years later, the school district continues to stress the importance of using social media safely and responsibly, said David Walker, superintendent of Regional School Unit 34, which includes the high school. He said he hasn't seen a dramatic change in the way students use social media at the school.

"Hopefully they recognize that the Internet isn't always a safe place," Walker said. "Everyone is reminding students of the dangers, both parents and teachers."

Police have said Dube told other people he planned to abduct Nichole while wearing a ski mask, return later without the mask, find her and appear to be a hero. The state's chief medical examiner said Cable died as a result of asphyxiation.

[...]

Police said the fake Facebook profile was under the name of another young man but was traced back to Dube's home. That man had no involvement in the abduction, police said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trial-start-maine-man-alleged-social-media-slaying-160659885.html

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about the "kidnapping her so he could find her and be a hero" angle. Am I missing something, or is this just as bat-shit crazy and stupid to everyone else too?

I'm a little confused about the "kidnapping her so he could find her and be a hero" angle. Am I missing something, or is this just as bat-shit crazy and stupid to everyone else too?

I kinda get it, assuming he was going to "find" her dead, but I'm thinkin' he's a little immature for 20, and the term "stump dumb" is probably a factor here as well.

Out of all of the information in the article I could not figure out how she died. I know they are charging him with it but did she freak out and he ended up strangling her? How are they going to say his ex-girlfriend did it when he was the one kidnapped her? I hope the jury is able to follow along. I'm confused. :pout:

I think the "trying to rescue her" part is 100% pure BS, to make him seem like less of a monster. He had already attacked her and left bite marks on her. If she died of strangulation, it seems unlikely that he just left and returned to find her dead.

A man accused of luring a 15-year-old girl to her death with a fake Facebook page was at home with his family the night of the killing, his attorneys said Monday, accusing the prosecution of making "big mistakes" in their case.

But prosecutors said the evidence linking 21-year-old Kyle Dube to Nichole Cable's 2013 murder and abduction is considerable — the phony Facebook account was traced to his home, his DNA was found on a hat at the end of Nichole's driveway and cell tower records show that he was in the area of Nichole's home.

Dube's trial got underway in Bangor with opening statements and tearful testimony from the mother of Nichole,
[...]
Police have said Dube told others that he'd intended to abduct Nichole and later come to her rescue. His plan was to kidnap her while wearing a ski mask, return later without the disguise, find her and be hailed as a hero, authorities have said.
[...]
We are here to show you the state has holes in their case. They have mistakes, big mistakes," Hatch told the jury, adding that Dube "got up the next morning, got dressed, kissed his daughter goodbye and went to work."

Assistant Attorney General Donald Macomber said Dube's DNA was also found on Cable's fingernails, and he had scratches on his face after she disappeared. He also said Dube alluded to the crime while having an emotional outburst as officers tried to calm him down while he reported to jail for an unrelated traffic offense.

Dube responded it was what he had done, that they didn't know he had done, that he was worried about," Macomber said.

Monday's statements marked the beginning of a trial that is expected to last two weeks and includes a witness list with more than 80 names.
[...]
Nichole's mother, Kristine Wiley, testified that she knew Dube as a friend of her daughter's who came by their house two or three times before her disappearance. Between tears, she testified that Dube reached out to her with an offer to baby-sit her other children after Nichole vanished but before her body was found.

Wiley said Dube first told her he had heard Wiley said he was responsible for Nichole's disappearance. Wiley said she denied the accusation and that Dube then told her "if I needed anything, call" and that he would watch her other children for her. She said she never took him up on the offer.
[...]
Police have said the fake Facebook profile was under the name of another young man who had no involvement in the abduction. That man, Bryan Butterfield, testified Monday that he was aware Dube didn't like him.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...en-facebook-not-killer-atty-article-1.2126705

A jury took just 45 minutes to find a man accused of using Facebook to lure 15-year-old Nichole Cable to her death nearly two years ago guilty of murder and kidnapping after nine days of testimony at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

Kyle Dube, 21, of Orono was accused of using Facebook to lure Cable out of her mother’s home in Glenburn nearly two years ago by using the identity of Bryan Butterfield, a boy his girlfriend had dated, then killing Cable in an abduction gone wrong.

He did not react when the verdict was read but his mother, brother and other relatives wept as he was led from the courtroom.

Cable’s family and friends also cried and hugged each other as the verdict sunk in.

Members of Cable’s and Dube’s families declined to speak with the medias about the verdict.
http://bangordailynews.com/2015/03/...murder-in-nichole-cable-case/?ref=topStories0

GOOD! This motherfucker was such a completely total asshole. Glad he's going away. Hey, other asshats out there thinking of doing similar things: learn from this dickwad's mistake, and get a life!

Now please give me a moment while I complain about something related. Above, it refers to a "...kidnapping gone wrong." What is with the "gone wrong" shit? It's like when they refer to a robbery "gone wrong." There's fucking nothing RIGHT about it to begin with!! This is one thing that bugs me.

Back