• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Welcome to the forum. It truly is a great site full of interesting shit and interesting people.

It is no secret amongst the regulars that I have struggled here somewhat due to my own failings and issues, and have pissed off more than a few people. But I'd be long gone as a result if this site were not worth the effort. There is nowhere else that can compare.

I too have always been fascinated with true crime - which is what drew me here in the first place. I particularly find both serial killers and evil women fascinating for some reason. Have had interesting discussions about the possible reasons for that on psychology forums, lol. My mum too has very similar interests also as it happens - she is never satisfied with any book or film unless there are a few murders and bodies involved. So maybe it runs in families, lol. Yet she is a sweet nearly 70 year old lady who would never hurt anyone.

I get the 80s horror thing too. I was a young man into horror films at the time. I always thought the special effects in American Werewolf in London were awesome in their day, when computer graphics had not yet been that well developed. And the scene in any film that scared the shit out of me the most was the one at the end of Carrie, where her friend is planting flowers on the site of her home with all this gentle music, when suddenly the music changed as this hand reached out of the ground and grabbed her and she woke up screaming. It was because I never expected that that it freaked me out so much.

When it comes to horror authors, have you ever tried the British author James Herbert? Some of his earlier books in particular were very good.

Thanks for the tip Hagar, I will definitely check out James Herbert. Thought Carrie was a great film (wasn't there a remake of that a few years back?). Sorry you're are still traumatized by the experience Buffettgirl.

Ah Yay for another Michigander!
Ok I don't know if anyone has warned you(I tend to love this part), once you sign up, you may never leave. You're here forever, it is a lifetime commitment. Like that horrible Ex-Wife who has become your lifetime stalker.....
But You must have a cookie(Be careful, don't eat it all at once, you will not be able to move afterward, but you sure will be relaxed!)
Have fun! I look forward to seeing you around here!

I do not WTF perfect strangers, I'm too much of a damned lady to go around saying What The FUCK! all the time. And HELL YEAH! USS Enterprise 1701, all the way.

Live Long and Prosper.

I do not WTF perfect strangers, I'm too much of a damned lady to go around saying What The FUCK! all the time. And HELL YEAH! USS Enterprise 1701, all the way.

Live Long and Prosper.

LOL! I find myself asking "WHAT THE FUCK" at least 20 times a day.... Ahh, gotta love people and their stupidity!

I really do too, just trying to act civilized for the newbie! LOL

Sorry for the Intro and then disappearing for a few days but the weekends are for my boys and their sports. Oldest is traveling basketball and youngest is wrestling. Living in the middle of BFE Michigan means I get to get up at 5:00 am on the weekends to travel 1.5 - 2.5 hours to get them to their sporting events and then get home late. Just caught the end of the podcast Saturday :(. Anyways...

KaOnA said:
Ah Yay for another Michigander!
Ya know we all have our crosses to bear. Tried leaving once and came back after 10 years, thought about leaving again and decided it wasn't worth the effort until the kids are gone. Nice to know another one suffering in this hellhole of shifty politicians and overinflated taxes:kiss:

and Cubby I luvvv your new avatar, but agree with KaOnA in that "What the Fuck" is SOP and don't worry about being civilized around me....you'll take all of the fun out of DD:eek:

Thanks for the welcomes, Sue, Satanica and biteme!

Now I need to see what I've missed over the weekend :bookworm:

and Cubby I luvvv your new avatar

He was my first celebrity crush when I was about 10 years old, all the other girls were crushing on Davy Jones and I loved Spock. I was a weird kid, well, still weird, but it's not quite as noticeable these days. My son always gets me Star Trek memorabilia for my birthday and Christmas and he always buys me Kirk stuff and I've told him and told him. LOL I live in Middle Georgia and it's still 50 miles from everywhere. Draw a triangle from Atlanta to Macon and then across to Columbus and back to Atlanta and almost directly center of that is Thomaston. City on the Edge of Nowhere, to paraphrase a Star Trek reference.

Well don't you sound like a bunch of fun. I'm the only sane one if you were wondering. And also stay away from the couch.

When it comes to horror authors, have you ever tried the British author James Herbert? Some of his earlier books in particular were very good.

Ok...Was going to read the Domain...3 books before the Domain (authors website) ..thought i would read..Could NOT get past the Rats..Going to skip that one (nothing like Stephen King) and the next 2...('fraid now) and hopefully Domain will be ok. :confused:

Ok...Was going to read the Domain...3 books before the Domain (authors website) ..thought i would read..Could NOT get past the Rats..Going to skip that one (nothing like Stephen King) and the next 2...('fraid now) and hopefully Domain will be ok. :confused:

If you can find it, try The Dark. That one was my favourite. But yeah, his style is quite different from King's, and many of his books contain substantially more gruesomeness.

Last edited:
Only threw up in my mouth a couple of times :vomit:

When you see a rat or two (see previous comment on "ginger rats") you get the shotgun or twenty-two or WTFE you latch onto when you reach into the gun cabinet and shoot!

Will try one more of his books just because I like you. Hope it's good....otherwise see previous paragraph:bored:

you get the shotgun or twenty-two or WTFE you latch onto when you reach into the gun cabinet
That would have been interesting when my gun cabinet contained a 338 Winchester Magnum, a 30-'06, a 25-'06, a 303 British, an SKS, and a 223. Big rats? Gawd I hope nothing I would need the 338 for.

--Al

Back