• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Azryhael

Princess of Putrefaction
Bold Member!
Investigators say a woman waived down a Bexar County Sheriff's Deputy around 8:15 a.m. Thursday and said her son, 11-year-old Anthony Sosa, had run away.

A lieutenant with the Schertz Police Department said Anthony became upset and left his home while temperatures outside hovered around the freezing mark.

[...]

"The last time [his mom] saw him, she went to the front, back door - come to the back door to call him to get in, because he had taken his jacket off because he had gone in. And she didn't see him no more," Silvas told us.

Anthony was wearing green pajamas with dinosaurs on them. He was not wearing any shoes or jacket, according to police.

Anthony is described as having brown hair and brown eyes. He is approximately 4 feet tall and weighs about 60 pounds.
http://news4sanantonio.com/m/news/f...rs-from-Schertz-home-99148.shtml#.VPjE19m9K0d

And pro tip- 'Bexar' is pronounced 'bare.' We threw that 'x' in the middle just to fuck with y'all.

I can't imagine a normal 11-year old running away in his pajamas, with no shoes or jacket in freezing weather. This story isn't making sense.

I can't imagine a normal 11-year old running away in his pajamas, with no shoes or jacket in freezing weather. This story isn't making sense.
Agreed. And freezing weather to a San Antonian might as well be the Antarctic. We don't do cold. If it's below 70, we're wearing at least a jacket. Especially the kids.

He's been gone over eight hours. He didn't just get mad and walk away half-dressed.

agreed, shoes and coat I might have believed it but the only way he woulda gone out like that, sans dog to boot, is if something bad was going on inside the house or something else along those lines

An 11 year old is not going to be tromping about barefooted in freezing weather willingly, unless what's in the house is more horrifying than freezing your feet. So I'm gonna go with, he didn't run into the cold on his own, someone helped him.

There has to be something wrong. 60ish lbs at 11?
He's about 17 lbs lighter than the average 11 year old, but you have to take into account that he's shorter than the average 11 year old, by about a foot. Some kids are just tiny. He looks healthy in the picture :shrug:

He's been found safe, but it's still kinda hinky.
Shortly before 3 a.m. Friday, Anthony emerged from a grassy area only a few dozen yards from his home. A game warden, one of several officers who ran toward the boy, carried him to the warmth of a mobile command post.

Anthony was still wearing just his short-sleeved pajamas and no shoes.

Relatives, including Anthony's father, wept and hugged each other outside the mobile police unit.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...-for-missing-schertz-boy-goes-into-night.html

o_O

I can't wait for the rest of the story.
I have my doubts that we'll ever hear it.

But really. He was hiding a couple dozen yards from home in some bushes for 20 hours? In pyjamas and no shoes in freezing temperatures and with a massive multi-agency search descending on the area?

Latest posts

Back