• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Insomniac

Trusted Member
Kalamazoo teenager was arraigned on first-degree child-abuse charges Thursday after her infant daughter suffered a skull fracture and brain injury, said Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Jeff Fink.

Shakela Butler, 18, is being held at the county jail.

Her 10-month-old daughter suffered "critical injuries" and was taken to Bronson Methodist Hospital last Friday, said Lt. Mike McCaw of the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety.

The baby had been abused over a period of time, Fink said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2009/04/teenage_mother_charged_in_baby.html

Heaven Diamond
211934.jpg

KALAMAZOO - A teenage mother is behind bars in Kalamazoo after police found her 11 month old baby with significant head injuries.

Investigators say the child, Heaven Diamond, is in fair condition at Bronson Hospital with two skull fractures, one on each side of her head. The child's brain is also bleeding.

At this point, doctors have removed a part of her skull to stop her brain from hemorrhaging.

18 year old Shakela Bulter
is being held on $100,000 bond. She's also not allowed to have contact with children under the age of 16. She'll be back in court April 21st
Teenage Mother arrested Baby hospitalized.

The picture says everything. What the fuck did she do to this poor child. I suspect shook, beat maybe dropped....just devastated. Heaven is listed as stable but I doubt she will ever be the same. I'm so moved how the 17year old father, Tyler Diamond is just heart broken and visibly torn by this nightmare. He says baby Heaven was left to lay in acoma for 5-7 days before getting help...wtf? He says she is just a "very violent" person to do something like this. Grandmother very distraught says she could have called when she was frustrated and would have helped. How this baby is alive is beyond me.

Way to go mom. You just broke Heaven....what a treasure. I hope you never get her back. Heal completely little one....kisses.

Last edited:
God, that picture was hard to look at.

Mom, you fucking suck.

Heal quickly, little one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIrGJvizC0"][/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIrGJvizC0"]YouTube - Teen Mother Arrested For Beating Her Baby[/ame]

R

Last edited:
Great , another 18 year old mom who beat the crap out of her child. Fucking Tard should have used birth control or gave the baby up for adoption if she didnt want to be respionsible for it.

Poor little heavan , she deserved better than this, The only good thing about it is she is free from her fucked up mom, who probly spent the whole 10 months abuseing her.

God Damn! I am soooo sick of these stories---what the fuck is wrong with people?!? Dont hit people ESPECIALLY the young, the sick, and the elderly. Keep your hands to yourself. FUCK if your family doesnt teach you that, dont you learn that in kindergarten??? This poor girl's life is forever altered because some heartless bitch called mother.

As difficult as that picture was to look at, maybe we need more - a lot more and unfortunately they are available- plastered out there so people will wake the fuck up and realize that child abuse isnt just a debate about whats acceptable discipline. Make it the horror that it is, not the sick secret no one talks about.

WTF, she is 5mths pregnant again?!!!!! I hope the kid is taken from her the moment its born! She should not even get to see that child, after what she has done to that baby girl!

Harley, my heart broke watching that video you posted, the father and grandmother are so devastated by this. I hope the father gets custody when little Heaven is recovered. He genuinely seems to care for that child, and is clearly very upset at seeing her that way.

Why didn't the mother just ask for help? Why not just say 'I cant cope, you have her'. No, instead of admitting defeat, instead of swallowing her pride and handing the baby over to the 'enemy' (the ex and his family) she would rather beat the shit out of her precious, gorgeous little girl. Shit.

Hugs and kisses little Heaven, you are a beautiful little girl, and I hope you recover completely from this betrayal and go on to have the life you so deserve. xx

OMG! That picture. That poor child.

Fucking bitch "mother" should never be allowed around kids again.

Heal quickly little one. (((hugs)))

not many things make me cry but this story did!!!!
Fucking bxtch, i hope she rots in fucking hell!!!!!!
See ya there douchebag!!!!!

Horrible. OMG, that picture. WTF did she do to that poor baby?

I hope that baby heals and finds a new mama who loves & cares for her & NEVER hurts her.

I want to know who the fuck took that photo and how both it and her name wound up being made public.

Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. Poor sweet angel. Please recover fully.

I watched the video, my husband kept talking so it was hard to hear... did they say this stupid bitch is 5 month pregnant??

29vxzm0.jpg
Shakela Butler pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree child abuse for severely injuring her 11-month-old daughter multiple times.

Butler faces up to 15 years in prison.

The baby, Heaven Diamond, is in the custody of her father, Tyler Diamond.

"The person that was supposed to love her the most in the world was the person that abused her," said Kathy Lang of Butler. Lang is Heaven Diamond's grandmother.

Doctors had to remove part of Heaven Diamond's skull to alleviate hemorrhaging in her brain. Now, she wears a pink helmet to protect her head.

"(Because) they haven't done an MRI yet, she's still pretty swelled. (But) they got her left leg moving again, which, it wasn't moving to begin with," Lang said. "Her left arm, she has a little shoulder movement, but that's about it right now."

Butler said in court she dropped her daughter.

"I dropped her, I was frustrated" she said.

Doctors said Heaven Diamond's recovery is a miracle. Lang said prayers have helped heal her granddaughter.

"I want to thank everybody that did pray for Heaven. I realize those prayers are what kept her going," Lang said. "That's what kept her here, definitely."

She wants Butler to receive a maximum sentence. This is a tragedy that never should have happened, Lang said.

"I'll never understand," Lang said. "I look at her everyday and there's no way I could ever do anything to hurt her."

The situation is tough on Tyler Diamond, too, she said.

"It's tough on him. Very, very tough on him," Lang said. "It's tough on all of us. I think the toughest on him."

Butler, who already was on probation for a domestic abuse case against Tyler Diamond, will be sentenced in late June. She is several months pregnant with another child.

A fund is set up for Heaven Diamond at National City bank.
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Mom_in_court_on_child_abuse_charges
vq7fjr.jpg

Mom doesn't look 18, she looks more like 15. Either way, she's a lousy mother and not a great babymamma either. Somebody has anger management issues.

Note to everyone:

When you post an image, make sure you first place it on an image hosting service such as TinyPic, PhotoBucket, or ImageShack. (or any one designed to host images)

DO NOT DIRECTLY LINK (hotlink) it to the media, MySpace, or other sources. Hotlinking is "stealing bandwidth" on the internet. Major no-no.

Your image also disappears it they remove it or move it. Makes everyone wonder what was there...

Little Heaven Diamond recovering....Video here.

"The person that was supposed to love her the most in the world was the person that abused her..."

Heal completely little Heaven.

Butler, who already was on probation for a domestic abuse case against Tyler Diamond,

Maybe if the judicial system took violence against men seriously this horrible crime wouldn't have happened.

I hate how all these stories refer to the sack of shit as a "teen". She was 18, that makes her an adult. This is a story about an adult brutalizing her child, not about some poor, misguided, dimwitted, immature kid who lacks the skills to care for an infant.

What happened to the baby she was pregnant with? Hopefully that child was placed with caring people.

Back