• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

Did I mention I have an innate loathing for any type of child abuse....
554791_1.jpg

Ryan Barr

Because he "was frustrated". The infant suffered severe head trauma and it's spine and ribs were fractured, according to reports. Two other children witnessed the event.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?list=194550&id=1173485#.VPk37_nF8fU

IRON MOUNTAIN - An Iron Mountain man has been arrested on child abuse charges following a four-month investigation.

Acting Iron Mountain Police and Fire Chief Edwin Mattson said that 27-year-old Ryan James Barr faces one felony count of child abuse-second degree and one felony count of child abuse-second degree committed in the presence of another child.

If convicted on both counts, Barr could spend up to 20 years in prison.
http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/554791.html

Just look at that fuckwad - if his one eye is higher than the other already, just wait til his ass is getting reamed by not-average-sized felons. I hope they tear his ass up to kingdom come and tear his fucking head off. Fucking prickhole, I'd love to get my hands on him for just five minutes. He'd walk away with years' worth of pain. And is that the best shirt he owns? What a lame fuck.

Hee hee...I see some prison justice coming! I hope they body slam him "a little too hard" repeatedly until his spine is in pieces and bash his head into the floor. I hope he suffers every bit of pain and more than this little one suffered.

His lop-sided facial features are giving my OCD fits...:bored: Must resist urge to fix, must resist urge...

An Iron Mountain man who seriously injured his infant son will be spending nearly two years in prison.

Ryan James Barr, 27, was in Dickinson County Circuit Court on Tuesday for sentencing on one felony count of child abuse-second degree committed in the presence of another child.

Judge Mary B. Barglind ordered a sentence of 23 months in prison with credit for 85 days already served. It was the maximum allowable sentence Barr could have received under the Michigan Department of Corrections’ sentencing guidelines that take into account factors such as prior criminal history and the severity of the offense.

During the sentencing hearing, defense attorney Michael Scholke said that Barr was remorseful and his actions were not premeditated.

“His emotions took over and he lost his cool,” said Scholke. “He hopes and prays that the impacts are not lasting.”

Scholke added that Barr has voluntarily terminated his parental rights to the victim, as well as his six-year-old and 11-year-old sons.

A mid-range prison sentence of 12 to 18 months would be appropriate, Scholke argued.

Dickinson County Prosecutor Lisa Richards pointed out that the long-term effects of the victim’s injuries are unknown at this time, but could include cognitive delays.

“His most recent medical appointments have been favorable,” she noted.

Citing Barr’s history of assaultive misdemeanor convictions, Richards felt that the 23-month sentence was appropriate.

When given a chance to speak, Barr apologized for his actions.

“I’m sorry to put you (Judge Barglind), the attorneys, the prosecuting attorneys, my family, and everybody in the community through all of this,” he said. “I hope that they (his children) can move on and just be happy.”

Judge Barglind said that the one positive development to come out of this case is that Barr will not see his children.

“You have a past history of violent tendencies,” she told Barr. “The fact that your parental rights have been terminated may be the best thing for them (the children).”

Judge Barglind also noted on record that the investigating physician had found multiple injuries at various stages of healing on the victim. Although multiple instances of child abuse were neither charged nor proven, Judge Barglind thought it was a circumstantial fact of significance.

http://www.ironmountaindailynews.co...rm-ordered-in-iron-mountain-child-abuse-case/

Back