• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

I came across the Dreamin' Demon about a month ago (not long enough for "lurker" status)....Had to sign up to view some of the Reality Bites articles.

Have never posted to a site before but you all basically verbalize what I mutter under my breath and soon found myself coming back repeatedly. Love the "WTF's" and "fucktards", so down to earth and in a universal language. But what really clinched it for me was tuning in to Morbid's podcast last Friday and learning some of the history of the Dreamin' Demon (might have to try me some Kraken, mostly a vodka girl).

I am fascinated with true crime stories, whole family is (me, hubby and 2 kids) and love eighties horror (just me). Grew up on Stephen King books and Freddie Krueger movies.

Ok, live in the middle of nowhere "Thumb of Michigan", can't wait until spring and that's about it for now.

You actually listened to the podcast, you like true crime and 80s horror. Can't speak for the rest of the crowd, but I like you already.

Okay..Only 2 cookies and no welcoming "Fuck You's". WTF?? I bare my soul and this is all I get?

Hey welcome.

I found DD when I lived in minnesota. I understand the term *middle of no where* I feel sorry for everyone living in the midwest.

And because I am well known for dispensing the aforementioned F-word with the ferocity of Peter Bondurant going on a Crap spree, it is with great zeal I will welcome you, instead, with a hearty, "Hello there, nice to meet you, m'am." I will even keep my gaze respectfully above your neck, away from your cleavage.

However, being a butt man, I can't say I won't peek downward when you turn around.

Fuck you, WTF you fucking fucktard. That better? Welcome aboard bowling68! :D
Yes, thought it was a tradition to rack up the Fuck you's. Anyways, love your avatar...makes me grin every time I see him/her (spayed/neutered...might be a no him/no her). Besides loathing Child Abuse another thing I'm passionate about is animal welfare.

You're already bold? Hell yeah. Come sit with me, I got all the secrets. ;)
Don't listen to shit this bitch says. She knows "zero" secrets....

ETA: I forgot, here's my cookie.

Last edited:
I am fascinated with true crime stories, whole family is (me, hubby and 2 kids) and love eighties horror (just me). Grew up on Stephen King books and Freddie Krueger movies.

Welcome to the forum. It truly is a great site full of interesting shit and interesting people.

It is no secret amongst the regulars that I have struggled here somewhat due to my own failings and issues, and have pissed off more than a few people. But I'd be long gone as a result if this site were not worth the effort. There is nowhere else that can compare.

I too have always been fascinated with true crime - which is what drew me here in the first place. I particularly find both serial killers and evil women fascinating for some reason. Have had interesting discussions about the possible reasons for that on psychology forums, lol. My mum too has very similar interests also as it happens - she is never satisfied with any book or film unless there are a few murders and bodies involved. So maybe it runs in families, lol. Yet she is a sweet nearly 70 year old lady who would never hurt anyone.

I get the 80s horror thing too. I was a young man into horror films at the time. I always thought the special effects in American Werewolf in London were awesome in their day, when computer graphics had not yet been that well developed. And the scene in any film that scared the shit out of me the most was the one at the end of Carrie, where her friend is planting flowers on the site of her home with all this gentle music, when suddenly the music changed as this hand reached out of the ground and grabbed her and she woke up screaming. It was because I never expected that that it freaked me out so much.

When it comes to horror authors, have you ever tried the British author James Herbert? Some of his earlier books in particular were very good.

I'm usually a man of many words but Athena has shown me that it is okay to be succinct. Fuck you. That is all.

Welcome.

Oh, and don't believe anything carolinablue says about me, I've really a perfect angel.:angelic::whistle:

Back