• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Adult jail is no place for teens or preteens and owning guns is also no place for teens and especially pre teens.

A gun in his bedroom? At eleven years old?

Good Lord!

Not old enough to play with matches..................but a gun is no problem?

Study after study has shown kids tried in the adult system and sent to prison come out worse,not better. And the whole time they're in their,about the only education they're getting is from adult inmates who will teach them how to get away with crimes. The adult system is no place for many teens and certainly not for a pre teen.

This is truth

Jordan Brown juvenile court disposition is treatment

NEW CASTLE, Pa. -
A judge has decided the
disposition -- the juvenile court equivalent of a sentence -- for 14-year-old Jordan Brown.
Jordan Brown is ruled delinquent in the death of his dad's pregnant fiancee, Kenzie Houk, who was shot when Brown was 11.

Brown will be sent to a treatment facility and his progress will be monitored at regular intervals until the state decides he can be released.

The boy could have been ordered to stay in a juvenile detention center until age 21, if Lawrence County Judge John Hodge had so chosen.

[...]
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/Jord...l=pit_12pm&tmi=pit_12pm_1_10500205182012&ts=H

I never really posted on this thread because to tell you the truth when they first decided to let the prosecutors try him as an adult I was livid. So I honestly tried to forget about this case and the little boy who would one day be locked up with hardened criminals learning even new and improved ways of killing and committing other crimes. Then when the judge reversed his decision I was so happy for Jordan, but even more happier for the justice system, that it had finally come back to it's senses.

Anyway, I am really glad that this kid will get the help he so desperately needs. I am hoping that with some intense counseling will fi whatever was broken inside him, and also mend what has been broken since the day of the crime. Ultimately, I hope that when he gets out he can be a responsible productive member of society.

n appeals court on Wednesday overturned the guilty verdict against a 15-year-old western Pennsylvania boy accused of killing his father's pregnant fiancee and her unborn child when the boy was 11.

The Pennsylvania Superior Court said that Jordan Brown's conviction was "plainly contrary to the evidence" and that the case should go back to Lawrence County juvenile court.

The boy's lawyer, Stephen Colafella, said the defense team was "pleased but not shocked" with the decision. Colafella said they always felt that the state had insufficient evidence against Brown and that other people may have been involved in the shooting.

Colafella said he's not sure whether the defense will ask for Brown's release, pending a new trial.

The boy has been in juvenile detention since a judge ruled in April 2012 that Brown was delinquent — the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty verdict — in the 2009 deaths of Kenzie Houk, 26, and her unborn son.

Houk was shot in the back of the head with Brown's .20-gauge youth model shotgun. The shooting occurred after the boy's father left for work. Brown and Houk's two daughters, ages 7 and 4, also were in the house.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/05/verdict_overturned_forboy_accu.html

11icz2c.jpg
Pa. Supreme Court hears case of boy, 11, charged with pregnant woman's murder
http://www.wtae.com/news/pa-supreme...pregnant-womans-murder/24938720#ixzz2vnBdmJMs
I think this kid as many that commit crimes at an early age has been failed. I remember when this happened and I read that his mom was giving him up after he was born, and dad got custody when he was 18 mo old!! That makes me so sad that he never bonded with his mom. Dad got married right after and was trying to please the new wife. I really pray this kid gets the help he needs.

Last edited:
Boy who killed his father's pregnant fiancee and their unborn baby at age 11 may now get a new trial
  • Jordan Brown of Wampum, Pennsylvania--now 17-years-old--was granted on Monday a chance to argue he was unfairly convicted in 2009
  • Brown was convicted of shooting dead with a shotgun 26-year-old Kenzie Houk and his unborn half brother
  • Brown's case conviction was overturned in Superior Court and that decision was appealed--the Supreme Court ruled on it this week
  • Brown nonetheless remains incarcerated
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...earing-case-womans-killing.html#ixzz3M8YmfvXb

What can anyone say other than this kid was messed up from the start and until the day he dies he will always have problems. But him being allowed to keep a gun at 11 years old is totally irresponsible on his father's part. Who in their right mind would think that is acceptable situation. I had major issues giving my son when he was 12 years old a BB gun because I knew how careless he was and still wonder to this day what was my husband thinking. I know it's father/son thing but when the kid can't pay attention long enough to take the trash out AND take it to the curb in the same night there's a good reason to worry! I'm glad he didn't hurt the other children.

Who in their right mind would think that is acceptable situation
My boys all have guns. The problem isn't the guns it's with what has and hasn't been taught to the children.

But, I will add, while the guns are theirs, they are kept in my room and under my control.

Boy who killed his father's pregnant fiancee when he was 11 to stop new baby from getting his bedroom wants a new trial
  • Jordan Brown, now 17, claims he was the victim of a rush judgement
  • He was convicted of killing Kenzie Houk, 26, because 'he was jealous that her unborn child was going to be given his room in his father's house'
  • Houk was 8 months pregnant, Brown fired bullet into her head as she slept
  • He is calling for evidence to be reviewed and to have charges dismissed
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fiancee-11-tries-new-trial.html#ixzz3TZUXnKpr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The fucker doesn't need a new trial, he needs instant fucking death. I'd like to slap that look off his face with a shotgun blast to the head.

I read about this one on CNN.com this morning. I had just finished telling my husband that young/preteen children rarely kill, and it is even rarer that they use firearms to do so. I had been talking about the 8 year old who recently shot and killed his father and a boarder.

Well, shit. Nonetheless, this type of crime is still very unusual. Although, given where the family lives, I can't imagine that guns would be hard to come by for the boy. When we lived in the country, there was a shotgun by the back door at all times, loaded and ready to fire. The neighbors had been cross breeding wolves and German Shepherds and often turned the crazy ones out 'to die'. They were so goddamned mean, they'd kill anything they saw.

Despite the anti-gun rhetoric that abounds in the US, us country folk have them, teach our children to use them, and keep guns handy. Who the HELL would think their 11 year old would pick one up to kill somebody? If you believe that you should lock your guns up because your child, (who is fully aware of gun safety rules and who would no more 'play' with a gun than he would piss off the front porch), might kill someone with them, then you've got a bigger problem than gun safety.

(Oh, and my kids don't piss off of EITHER porch. They know better!)

I'm terribly sorry for this woman's family and especially for the little girl who had to find her dead mommy. But I know this situation is going to get turned into a fucking Gun Control debate before it's all over. It's not about gun control. This kid would have used an axe if that's all that was available.

I disagree. Some pussies on the streets use guns because it's so easy-point and shoot. That's it. Don't have to do much else. Hell she might of been able to fight the little bastard off 8 months pregnant, but we'll never know due to COMPLETE IGNORANCE such as your line of thinking. Many that use a gun DO NOT have what it takes to use an axe.

I'm all for the right to own guns for protection and don't have "gun control" on my agenda, but NO 11 year-old should have that responsibility! Jeez. Yes having them locked away could of possibly saved her and her unborns life. But again, we'll never know. You really think 11 year-old's are that responsible? Nobody develops a greater sense of right and wrong after the age of 11? Wow. The ignorance is revolting.

A gun should ALWAYS be hard to come by for a boy, I don't care what state you live in. And a shotgun loaded and ready to fire by the back door around children is nothing to brag about. "What good can come of this?" is a question many should ask themselves in many different situations... Kids not doing something stupid with a gun does not count as something "good" either. That is neutral. The bad side to that risk could be devastating. Accidental or not.

Enjoy your guns, but something of this caliber (pun fully intended) should not be trusted with people that can't even be trusted to buy a beer.....

This kid is a danger and the justice system did society a huge disservice, even putting us at risk, by not finding a way to lock him up forever.

I don't understand the new trial. THey saying one of the other kids could have done it or some unknown assailant? Seemed pretty clearcut to me from the initial stories.

From 2015:
No new trial for Pa. boy convicted of murder at age 11

NEW CASTLE, Pa. - A Pennsylvania judge says he won't grant a new trial for Jordan Brown, a Pennsylvania boy who was convicted of killing his father's pregnant fiancee when he was just 11 and insists he is innocent.

Brown's defense lawyers have argued for years for the boy's conviction to be thrown out on the grounds that the evidence used to convict him at trial was insufficient.

The defense asked that Brown, now 17, be given a new trial. In a 50-page ruling issued Wednesday, Lawrence County, Pa. Judge John Hodge - the judge who initially found Brown guilty in April 2012 - denied that request.

Brown's lawyers have said they will appeal.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-new-...nnsylvania-boy-convicted-of-murder-at-age-11/

It's true, he's 18 and he's out of detention now and plans to attend college.

I'm torn here, I want to believe that the system works and this 11 year old was rehabilitated to be a contributing member of society, that he has paid his dues as sentenced and should be able to move on. however after my time here, we know that is not always the case.

I mean isn't that what the juvenile system is for? To rehabilitate young criminals so they don't pay their entire life for decisions made before their brains were fully developed? Then again, this was murder. When you murder should you get a second chance? The victims do not get a second chance, should the perp, no matter how old they were?

Link to an article about his release:

http://www.timesonline.com/news/loc...cle_fa21fec0-31b5-11e6-bec1-e37f9204019a.html

Pennsylvania's highest court on Wednesday overturned the conviction of a man who was 11-years-old at the time he shot dead his father's pregnant fiancée in 2009.

The state Supreme Court's 5-0 ruling clears 20-year-old Jordan Brown of wrongdoing, his lawyers say, in the slaying of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk, who was eight months pregnant when she was found dead in the family's rural western Pennsylvania farmhouse.

It reversed a finding by a juvenile court judge in Lawrence County, upheld by a state appellate court, that Brown was guilty of first-degree murder and homicide of an unborn child. The court said prosecutors had not provided enough evidence to support it.

Justices attacked the evidence as insufficient, saying among other things that trial testimony pointing to a shotgun in Brown's bedroom as the murder weapon 'supported an equally reasonable conclusion' that it wasn't the murder weapon.

Houk was found lying in bed in a pool of blood with a shotgun blast to the back of her head, according to court papers.

Brown, now 20, was tried as a juvenile after his lawyers fought a judge's original decision to try him as an adult.

A lawyer for Brown, Kate Burdick, said Brown - referred to in court papers as J.B. - has maintained his innocence since the murder and has now received 'long overdue justice.'

'While we can't give J.B. his childhood back, we are glad the Supreme Court has cleared his name so that he can move forward with a productive life,' Burdick said.

The state attorney general's office, which was handling the appeal, declined comment.

Burdick would not discuss Brown's whereabouts, only saying that he was not in custody and that he had met all his treatment goals.

In 2016, a judge put Brown on probation and in the custody of an uncle, who lives in Ohio.

Burdick said charging Brown again for the same crime would violate the 'double jeopardy' clause of the U.S. Constitution that prohibits trying someone twice for the same crime.

Brown's probation under juvenile court would have lasted just a few more weeks until he turns 21.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urns-11-year-old-boys-conviction-slaying.html
4E624C1200000578-5967045-Pennsylvania_court-a-15_1531952665631.jpg

Omg this kid was so guilty!

-He had told his cousins of his plan to kill his stepmom.
-stepmoms 7yo daughter saw him that morning go upstairs with his shotgun
-she then heard a ‘big bang’ which she recognized as a gunshot from the Target practice the boy would do in the backyard
-when she questioned her stepbrother about the gunshot she heard he refused to answer her
-she watched him put the gun back in his room & left with him to catch the schoolbus.
-The stepmothers 4yo daughter soon after awoke to find her mom dead in a pool of blood.

I never doubted that the police & prosecutors had it right- this was a damaged 11yo boy who couldn’t handle the thought of losing his dads attention (& reportedly he was also losing his bedroom) to stepmoms new baby.

Back