• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
The filing late Tuesday says a delay would allow time for "the extraordinary prejudice" from the attacks last week and the comparisons to the 2013 marathon bombing to diminish.

Any American who isn't already prejudiced regarding the marathon bombings sure as hell isn't going to start to be biased because of France's terrorist struggles.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton-marathon-bombing-trial-tsarnaev/24363039/

"It was Tamerlan Tsarnaev who self-radicalized," Clarke said. "It was Dzhokhar who followed."

The defense isn't even pretending that Dzokhar is innocent. Their defense is that he was a follower of his radical brother, who does indeed sound like the ringleader, and not primarily responsible. It sounds like they are simply trying to avoid the death penalty and have accepted he's in jail for life.

Clarke acknowledged that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, then 19, wrote the words found scrawled in pencil in the boat where he was captured. But she rejected claims by prosecutors that it was her client's "manifesto."

"He wrote words that he had read and heard: that the U.S. was responsible for the suffering of Muslims," Clarke said.

Hopefully this nails him as a true believer of his cause, not just a kid following his brother. He knew what he stood up for.

He said surveillance video from The Forum restaurant, near where the second bomb went off, will show Dzhokhar Tsarnaev approach with a backpack, drop his shoulder and leave the scene — full of children — without his backpack.

It may be buried even in this thread somewhere, but I didn't know that he specifically dropped a backpack. This shows a lot of initiative on his part and completely kills the defense's argument that he was just going along with it, just loyal to his brother.

I'm not sure why the idea that he may have been an impressionable follower even matters - aren't almost all terrorists people who grew up in vulnerable conditions and are basically brainwashed? That doesn't change the impact of their actions and it doesn't change their commitment to their cause.

Either way, glad he isn't denying the charges and will be locked up for the rest of his life.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton-marathon-bombing-trial-tsarnaev/24363039/

The defense isn't even pretending that Dzokhar is innocent. Their defense is that he was a follower of his radical brother, who does indeed sound like the ringleader, and not primarily responsible. It sounds like they are simply trying to avoid the death penalty and have accepted he's in jail for life.

Hopefully this nails him as a true believer of his cause, not just a kid following his brother. He knew what he stood up for.

It may be buried even in this thread somewhere, but I didn't know that he specifically dropped a backpack. This shows a lot of initiative on his part and completely kills the defense's argument that he was just going along with it, just loyal to his brother.

I'm not sure why the idea that he may have been an impressionable follower even matters - aren't almost all terrorists people who grew up in vulnerable conditions and are basically brainwashed? That doesn't change the impact of their actions and it doesn't change their commitment to their cause.

Either way, glad he isn't denying the charges and will be locked up for the rest of his life.
He is guilty has hell. I hope the jury doesnt fall for this bullshit.

His resume makes him sound like he's 12.

10xy238.jpg

Lol @ social, responsible, NICE, "can enforce rules", and people person.

The jerkcheese knows CPR, and didn't even bother to stop and help!

Nearly two years after two pressure-cooker bombs ripped through a crowd of unsuspecting spectators near the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon, a federal jury found Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty on all 30 counts for his role in the deadly attacks, which killed three and injured nearly 300.

"We unanimously find the defendent Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev guilty," the court clerk said, again and again.

Tsarnaev, 21, offered no visible reaction to the charges, which were announced in a courtroom packed full of victims and survivors.

The decision came a day and a half after seven women and five men began deliberations in the first phase of the trial and after 17 days of emotional and often gruesome testimony and evidence in the case. Jurors repeatedly saw horrific photos and videos of the bloody aftermath of the bombs. They also heard heart-wrenching testimony from survivors, including the father of the youngest victim of the attacks—8-year-old Martin Richard--whose body was literally blown apart by the second bomb.

Federal prosecutors painted Tsarnaev as a heartless killer who conspired with his older brother, Tamerlan, to maim and kill Americans in retaliation for the country's wars on Muslim countries overseas. "This was a cold, calculated terrorist act. This was intentional. It was bloodthirsty. It was to make a point," government prosecutor Aloke Chakravarty told jurors Monday. "It was to tell America that ‘We will not be terrorized by you anymore. We will terrorize you.'"

Tsarnaev faced 30 charges for his role in the bombings, the deadliest act of terrorism on American soil since September 11, 2001. He was also charged with shooting and killing Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier days after the attacks and hours after the FBI released photos of him and his brother identifying them as suspects in the bombings. Though prosecutors acknowledged they were unsure which brother pulled the trigger, both were "equally guilty" of Collier's murder.

The verdict in the case wasn’t surprising. Judy Clarke, Tsarnaev’s attorney, admitted her client’s role in the attacks on day one of the trial, which began March 5, and reiterated it during closing arguments this week. “There is no excuse. No one is trying to make one,” Clarke told jurors Monday, calling the attack “inexcusable” and “senseless.”

But she cast Tsarnaev, now 21, as a troubled teenager who came under the sway of his radicalized older brother, whom the defense painted as the ringleader of the plot. They have argued Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who was killed during a shootout with police days after the bombings, plotted the attack and built the bombs—and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev merely followed.

“We don’t deny that Dzhokhar fully participated in the events,” Clarke said. “But, if not for Tamerlan, it wouldn’t have happened.”

Yet Judge George O’Toole limited how much the defense could talk about Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s influence on his brother during the guilt phase of the trial. While the government put 92 witnesses on the stand over 16 days, Tsarnaev’s defense rested after just four witnesses over a day and a half in court. Clarke told jurors the defense would lay out more of their case in the penalty phase—when they determine whether the 21-year-old college student receives life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty for his role in the attacks.

Though the penalty portion of the case has long been expected to be more drawn out than the guilt phase, it’s unclear how long the defense’s case might be or who they plan to put on the stand to explain what pushed their client into terrorism. It’s also not clear how much the defense will be able to delve into the role of Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the troubled history of the Tsarnaev family, which had been believed to be the focus of their case.

A courthouse source told Yahoo News that wrangling continues between the government and defense over proposed witnesses in the penalty phase. The defense has long sought to explore Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s possible link to a 2011 triple murder in Waltham, Mass .—but the government has argued, and the judge has so far agreed, the subject is irrelevant.

It’s also a mystery who might testify on behalf of the defendant to ask that his life be spared. The witness list in the trial remains under seal, and many former friends and associates of Tsarnaev, who have publicly spoken of their shock at his involvement in the plot, have declined to say anything further about the teenager they knew. Asked if they’ve been summoned by the defense to testify, many associates contacted by Yahoo News refused to comment.

It’s also not clear if any members of the Tsarnaev family will testify. Since the trial began, not a single member of the Tsarnaev family has been seen at the courthouse—including Tsarnaev’s parents, who live in Dagestan, and his sisters, who live in New Jersey. Last summer, Tsarnaev’s sister, Ailina, told reporters her brothers had been “framed.” Tsarnaev’s uncles, who live in Maryland, also have not been seen in court and did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

The same 12 jurors who decided on Tsarnaev’s guilt will now decide whether he lives or dies for his role in in the attacks. That’s expected to be the trickier dilemma for the jury. Though all jurors agreed they could consider capital punishment for Tsarnaev, many people in Massachusetts oppose the death penalty for moral and religious reasons. It was declared unconstitutional on the state level in 1982, and though many in Boston are still recovering from the trauma of the attacks, which paralyzed the city for days, residents have mixed feelings about what should happen to Tsarnaev.

A recent WBUR poll conducted after the trial began found a majority of Boston residents believe Tsarnaev should receive life in prison instead of the death penalty.
http://news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-bombing-trial-tsarnaev-verdict-161952135.html

The mother of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev condemned the guilty verdict delivered by the jury in his federal death penalty trial on Wednesday, calling Americans “terrorists” and proclaiming her sons’ innocence.

In an interview with the website Vocativ conducted over the WhatsApp messaging application, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva insisted on the innocence of her Chechen sons, Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who planted the twin bombs that killed 3 people and wounded nearly 300 others near the finish line of the 2013 marathon. She went on to say that the United States will ultimately pay for “framing” them.

“MY SONS ARE INNOCENT, AS INNOCENT AS ALL THOSE WHO ARE BEING KILLED BY YOUR COUNTRY,” Zubeidat Tsarnaeva wrote, according to the website. “TODAY THEY ARE KILLING MUSLIMS, AND TOMORROW WILL COME YOUR TURN AND HE WHO DOUBTS THIS IS DEEPLY MISTAKEN!!!!!”

Tsarnaeva, who is of Avar origin and lives in Dagestan, wrote the text messages in both Russian and English, according to Vocativ, which obtained her phone number and verified her identity through dated selfies she provided.

“HOW CAN A MOTHER FEEL WHOSE SON IS IN THE CLAWS OF A PREDATOR PREPARING TO TEAR HIM TO PIECES LIKE MEAT???” she wrote. “THEY WILL PAY FOR MY SONS AND THE SONS OF ISLAM, PERMANENTLY!!! THE TEARS OF THEIR MOTHERS WILL BE FUEL FOR THEM IN HELL, AND ALSO THEIR BLOOD, I AM DOUBTLESS AND ETERNALLY GLAD THAT I KNOW THIS FROM THE WORDS OF THE CREATOR, NOT JUST ANYONE’S WORDS!!!!!!”

[...]

“The terrorists are the Americans and everyone knows it,” she wrote. “My son is the best of the best.”

The jury found Tsarnaev guilty on all 30 counts for his role in the deadly attacks, which killed three people and injured nearly 300.

At the outset of the trial, Tsarnaev’s lawyers admitted that he participated in the attacks.

“It was him,” defense attorney Judy Clarke told jurors during opening arguments.

The jurors will now decide whether Tsarnaev will get the death penalty.

Tsarnaeva — who lived with her sons in Cambridge, Mass., before returning to Dagestan in 2012 after being arrested for shoplifting — had been virtually silent during the trial. But in the days following Dzhokhar’s 2013 arrest, Tsarnaeva called the charges against the brothers “all lies and hypocrisy.”

At an April 25, 2013, news conference in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a defiant Zubeidat said her sons had been framed “because they were Muslim” and that the bombings were staged by the FBI using actors “doused in fake blood.”
http://news.yahoo.com/tsarnaev-moth...-boston-marathon-bombing-trial-172613856.html

Last edited:
a defiant Zubeidat said her sons had been framed “because they were Muslim” and that the bombings were staged by the FBI using actors “doused in fake blood.”
Whoa, looks like the rotten apples didn't fall from the tree.

Crazy bitch.

The whole family is definitely full of crazies, but when he was caught I read up a bit on Chechneya. It seems that the government really does persecute the people and have been suspected of many attacks. They may have reason for distrusting the government in general. Obviously, not in this case, but I think her paranoia is based on something possibly legitimate and she may not be able to comprehend that her son is the monster he truly is since she's used to the government and society being the real monster.

Plus, the whole family is clearly batshit crazy. That can't help.

Last edited:
when they determine whether the 21-year-old college student

Shouldn't he be considered a drop out by now?

Is "college student" some title that stays with you forever? I wasted my time back at the turn of the century when society was all juicin over how valuable college was especially for middle aged folks lookin for something new, career transitioning and whatnot. Can i go around calling myself a college student? Maybe i can land some co-eds, im sure a shit ton of them gotta have daddy issues and won't mind my wrinkly ass.

But she cast Tsarnaev, now 21, as a troubled teenager who came under the sway of his radicalized older brother

What's this "troubled teenager" business? Was he not 18 or older during the crimes? He's an adult, a grown MAN, not some troubled little kid misled by his mean older bro. Idiots.

Zubeidat Tsarnaeva wrote, according to the website. “TODAY THEY ARE KILLING MUSLIMS, AND TOMORROW WILL COME YOUR TURN AND HE WHO DOUBTS THIS IS DEEPLY MISTAKEN!!!!!”

The United States military is going to target me next? The fuck?

Her insane ramblings weren't too specific. Russians are so fucking stupid.

This woman, who is not Russian, though she was likely born a citizen of the Soviet Union, is addressing her fellow persecuted Muslims. If you were less blinkered, you would realise what a dangerous propaganda tool her "insane ramblings" are.

This woman, who is not Russian, though she was likely born a citizen of the Soviet Union, is addressing her fellow persecuted Muslims. If you were less blinkered, you would realise what a dangerous propaganda tool her "insane ramblings" are.

You could have a 1st grader draw a crude picture of a tank treading over a book, show that picture to uppity muslim fucktards with the caption, "America drives tanks over Kuran!" and entire generations would take up arms swearing jihad on us infidels.

Her insane ramblings being effective propaganda is irrelevant to whether or not they are in fact, insane ramblings, which they are, big time.

If she doesn't want me to take her insane ramblings as absurd warnings to the entire world at large that the American military is coming for each and every single fucking one of us, she should be a little more specific when she starts whining about her dead son and "can't even martyr himself right" pussy failure other son.

And if i remember right, the whole family is Chechnyan. Chechnya belongs to Russia. Ipso facto, they're russian.

And if i remember right, the whole family is Chechnyan. Chechnya belongs to Russia. Ipso facto, they're russian.

Yes, Chechnya is a (very rebellious) corner of the Russian Federation. You can be a subject of the Russian Federation, and not ethnically Russian. She most certainly will not self-identify as such.

BOSTON -- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev always had an encouraging word for teammates on his high school wrestling team. But his older brother, Tamerlan, told vicious jokes that brought the young woman he would later marry to tears.

A friend of Katherine Russell, who married Tamerlan, told jurors in the Boston Marathonbombing trial Tuesday about a time in 2007 when she found Russell crying and Tamerlan laughing. The couple by then had been dating for months. Russell explained later that she was in tears because Tamerlan told her after having sex that he has AIDS.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...?utm_hp_ref=crime&ir=India&adsSiteOverride=in

I have no problem killing this fucking guy, but all that will do is encourage other Muslim lunitics to become martas for their cause. That's why I'd rather just see them send him to some supermax lockdown for the rest of his miserable life

I agree! LWOP and we forget his name and face. Sliding into oblivion, forgotten and alone sounds pretty good to me. They'll have to put him in SuperMax for his own protection...lockdown 23 hours a day, no mail, no visitors. Hella lot worse than execution; and it's cheaper than 20 years of apeals and an inevitable communtation to LWOP anyway.

I want him to suffer and know what it's like to lose what you love most...freedom.

The thought of him spending the rest of his life here is quite pleasant.

If Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is spared the death penalty, he will likely spend the rest of his life at the most restrictive prison in America, a place so isolating that it has been called a clean version of hell.

The United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility — aka ADX, or "supermax" — is where the federal government sends its worst criminals, from terrorists to traitors. At this point, it is the best Tsarnaev can hope for. But as they wrap up their case against the death penalty, Tsarnaev's lawyers are trying to persuade the jury that if they sent him to the ADX, he'd be separated from the world forever.

This week, the defense team called a retired U.S. Bureau of Prisons warden to describe the extreme isolation that Tsarnaev would face at the 490-cell prison in the barren foothills of Colorado's Rocky Mountains.

The former warden, Mark Bezy, described the ADX as "the most restrictive penitentiary in the federal system," and said Tsarnaev would likely be placed in a unit reserved for terrorists whose contact with other people is severely limited. His testimony was expected to continue Thursday.

Even in general population, the ADX imposes extreme isolation. Prisoners spend about 23 hours a day in solitary confinement in 12-by-7-foot cells with a single 4-inch-wide window and walls thick enough to stifle any attempts at communication. A slot in the door is used to deliver meals and for any visits.

Amnesty International last year said the facility breached international standards for the humane treatment of prisoners.

"It breaks down the human spirit, it breaks down the human psyche. It breaks your mind," former supermax inmate Garrett Linderman told CBS' 60 Minutes in 2009.

Thirty-three convicted terrorists have been send to ADX, Bezy said, and since 2002 they have been placed in a special section called "H unit" where they live under even tighter restrictions: no contact with the media or other inmates and personal visits and phone calls only with immediate family, for example. Only the U.S. Attorney General can impose or remove those restrictions, Bezy said.

Tsarnaev has already under such "special administrative measures," Bezy said.

Under questioning from a prosecutor, Bezy acknowledged that it's possible to be taken off the unit, and nine terrorism inmates have done just that in the past five years.

It's also possible to win more privileges, like more than one 15-minute phone call a month, while on the H unit, Bezy said.

If the jury sentences Tsarnaev to life in prison, he will join a rogue's gallery of convicted terrorists, along with gang leaders, mobsters and serial killers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/boston-bombing-trial/federal-supermax-prison-n353846

I have no problem killing this fucking guy, but all that will do is encourage other Muslim lunitics to become martas for their cause. That's why I'd rather just see them send him to some supermax lockdown for the rest of his miserable life
Now that he's been sentenced I'm pretty happy with the death penalty in this case. Although I think that a long lifetime in supermax would be a much worse fate, I am hopeful that this sack of shit will soon be diaposed of and the world will forget he ever existed at all.

Only if he doesn't complete his appeals.

He will get his appeals. When he got a trial in Mass he was absolutely bound to be struck by bias. However, his appeals are going to end up with exactly what us Massholes said - guilty and ready for death penalty. Except we will have to hear it every single time his legal team thinks of a new reason.

Personally, I was hoping he would fade away into nothing instead of getting to "nobly" die for his cause. He isn't worth any of this time, money, or public interest.

BBjU36x.img

BOSTON — At 21, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is about to become the youngest, most notorious inmate on federal death row.

After convicting the Russian immigrant last month in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, a jury on Friday voted to sentence him to death for his role in the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil since Sept. 11, 2001.

But the legal battle over his case is certain to drag on for years before any execution is carried out.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/tsarnaev-could-stay-on-death-row-for-years/ar-BBjTsJ7

agreed. i wish that sometimes they make the process a lil less lengthy. one shot...one kill. but then people would be all up in arms about cruel and unusual punishment. but what about his victims? was that not cruel and unusual? I keep having to see his 1990's boy band hair cut and you wanna talk about cruel and unusual???

Latest posts

Back