• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
k1avo.jpg

"Harris said he met with one of his clients, a 52-year-old Cape Coral man named John Marshall, who seemed very upset. He was breathing heavily and appeared disheveled. He looked, Harris said, “like he’d been in a fight for his life.”

Marshall told Harris he’d been at one of his properties in Bokeelia when his neighbor came at him with a gun. Marshall said his neighbor pistol-whipped him, knocking out a tooth, and said the two ended up in a wrestling match on the ground, each man squirming for the gun. At the end of the scuffle, the neighbor was dead.

“Mr. Marshall panicked and thought the only person he could trust was his attorney,” Harris said.

After confirming there was a dead man in Marshall’s truck, Harris said he called 911 immediately. The case appears to him to be one of self-defense, he said.

A few days ago, Marshall came to the law firm looking for advice about his neighbor, whom he considered a threat. Marshall said he was doing some construction around his property that the two had argued about.

Marshall had plans to file for a restraining order, according to Harris.

Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office were questioning Marshall on Wednesday evening. Harris said he allowed his client to give them a statement, something defense attorneys don’t usually do."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...eys-office-with-body-in-pickup-truck_81537611

I am waiting on the whole story on this one. Most people would have called 911 after killing a person and not throw him in the back of his truck and go see his attorney first. I do believe he should have called 911 and while waiting on the cops to get to his house call his attorney and ask him to come out if at all possible but if not meet him soon as possible at the police station. In most instances like this the forensic team usually has to come in and take crime scene photos so they can see how evreything is layed out to verify what he's saying. He said he was pistol whipped and had a tooth knocked out. From his mug shot there is not a mark on his face or his lips or even in view of what shows his head. Most of the time if something did like a gun knocked out a tooth there would be a busted lip at least. The process this guy took really makes everything seem a little odd and questionable.

“Mr. Marshall panicked and thought the only person he could trust was his attorney,” Harris said.

:woot:

HA HA HA how sad must your social life be before an attorney is somebody you can trust!!! HA HA HA poor dude, if this is all on the up and up, I hope he ends up okay.

I agree with Kathy...we need to wait for more. Seems like the story could check out, but, there's always a possibility he was being a little too 'proactive' with a 'problem neighbor' and decided to just take the guy out and stage a confrontation. After all, how can we trust anything this fucker says when he believes he can TRUST an attorney!!

Back