• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A young teenager lost her life and her mother was hospitalized following an accident Saturday night.
Trinity Bachamann, 13, of Apopka, Florida, was struck dead as she sat in the street arguing with her mother, Janice Perdoza, about who would sit in the front seat of the car.
Perdoza, 36, was also injured in the accident and hospitalized, but has since been released.

Apopka police told WKMG that the pair were struck by a 21-year-old woman who 'had the odor of alcohol on her breath and her eyes were glassy and bloodshot.'
They also found an open bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade in the center console of her car.

Trinity, an eighth-grader at Apopka Middle School, was upset with her mother after she was refused a spot in the front seat while driving home from a friend's house.
Though three miles from home, the young girl got out of the car refusing to get back in, despite her mother's pleas.
She then sat down in the middle of the road, refusing to move.
'We heard arguing going on and stepped outside,' said Jackie Suggs, who lives across the street from the scene of the accident.
'Somebody said "get outta here," and next thing you know, bam! She got hit and flew up in the air. It was awful.'
The driver of the car, who did stop after the incident, was given a blood test on the scene.
Authorities are awaiting the results of that test before charging the woman, and said the accident is under investigation.

[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-driver-sat-road-demanding-sit-seat-car.html

If you're going to pitch a hissy fit and get out of the car, get off the effing street. Don't let your emotions get so out of control that you put yourself in a dangerous situation.

Hmm. I hate to say it, but I'm torn on this one. The little brat was acting like an entitled little bitch - I mean, come on, arguing over the fucking front seat?! On the other hand, she was a young little snot who might have just been acting bratty, or maybe she was always getting the short end of the stick at home or something. On the THIRD hand, I can see inside her mind, where she's thinking, "Na na na na naa naaaa, I'm gonna get my way by sitting in the road...I'm gonna win...I'll show mom who's boss!" and then BOOM! gets plowed into and flies through the air, and THEN begins to think, "Gee, I wish I hadn't done that..." and then her lights went out.

I guess I want to say something demeaning about her actions, but...for some reason I can't. I want to say, "Good, that's one less entitled bitch that can breed relentlessly later on and create even more entitled assholes," but...it just feels so cold to say that. So I won't. Damn, I am becoming soft or something. I hope nobody holds it against me.

Hmm. I hate to say it, but I'm torn on this one. The little brat was acting like an entitled little bitch - I mean, come on, arguing over the fucking front seat?! On the other hand, she was a young little snot who might have just been acting bratty, or maybe she was always getting the short end of the stick at home or something. On the THIRD hand, I can see inside her mind, where she's thinking, "Na na na na naa naaaa, I'm gonna get my way by sitting in the road...I'm gonna win...I'll show mom who's boss!" and then BOOM! gets plowed into and flies through the air, and THEN begins to think, "Gee, I wish I hadn't done that..." and then her lights went out.

I guess I want to say something demeaning about her actions, but...for some reason I can't. I want to say, "Good, that's one less entitled bitch that can breed relentlessly later on and create even more entitled assholes," but...it just feels so cold to say that. So I won't. Damn, I am becoming soft or something. I hope nobody holds it against me.
Ok then I will .....
"Good, that's one less entitled bitch that can breed relentlessly later on and create even more entitled assholes ":D

If you're going to pitch a hissy fit and get out of the car, get off the effing street. Don't let your emotions get so out of control that you put yourself in a dangerous situation.
I so agree but we are talking a 13 year old- my 13 year old daughter out weighs me by 20lbs and is 1.5 inches taller and she is not over weight - the only thing I can do unless she is cooperative is to take her to the ground!! ;)

I guess I want to say something demeaning about her actions, but...for some reason I can't. I want to say, "Good, that's one less entitled bitch that can breed relentlessly later on and create even more entitled assholes," but...it just feels so cold to say that.

I feel the same way. I guess it has to do with her age, death is a pretty stiff punishment for one moment of being a dumb, bratty teen. I feel kinda bad for her, I had my share of tantrums at 13.

Ok then I will .....
"Good, that's one less entitled bitch that can breed relentlessly later on and create even more entitled assholes ":D

She's 13..... I don't think I'd be so worried about the quality of her spawn. Most 13 year old girls are brats, and the vast majority grow up just fine. You never did anything worse than this at that age???

I had my share of tantrums at 13.

Didn't we all!! I may have got the snot beat out of me or food withheld but, death- too f*cken harsh. I tell my children that your path in life may be to witness to 'your' soul to witness to others or- well you just read the other half. NOTE TO TEENS TANTRUM IN 'SAFE' ZONES PLEASE!!

How?... how do you let your kids to become so "an entitled bitch" that they become so stupid? This is tragic...

Of course, the drunk driver should probably receive a fair amount of criticism too. Just sayin'.

I so agree but we are talking a 13 year old- my 13 year old daughter out weighs me by 20lbs and is 1.5 inches taller and she is not over weight - the only thing I can do unless she is cooperative is to take her to the ground!! ;)
bjj Brazilian jui jitsu 101. Get it to the ground.

death is a pretty stiff punishment for one moment of being a dumb, bratty teen.
Death was probably more merciful a sentence than a lifetime of disfigurement and physical and/or mental impairment. She'd probably end up wishing she was dead.

I do think 13 is a bit old to be pulling a dangerous stunt like this with a complete pass for childhood stupidity. I could understand a toddler sitting in the road without grasping the risk. A teenager? Not so much.

When I was about her age, my mom was driving us home from somewhere, a doctor's appointment or something, I think, and I ended up getting into yet another pointless fight with my older brother over something inconsequential. My mom lost her temper and screamed at me "If you're so much smarter than you brother, like all your teachers keep telling me, then why don't you act like it!?" I was old enough to comprehend what a complete dick move that was on my mother's part, and I was so furious with her over her thoughtless remark that I actually jumped out of the car to walk home, which was several towns and nearly ten miles away. But I had the presence of mind to wait until the car had come to a stop at a traffic light, and look around before climbing out so I didn't get hit by some asshole, and promptly made my way to the sidewalk where I completely ignored my mom's screaming at me until she gave up... and drove off! It took me hours to walk home. Luckily, my route home mostly followed a residential thoroughfare that crossed over the two major highways between there and home, so it was a pretty safe walk home for a kid. Still. Sitting down in the middle of the street? Over a car seat? Stupid. Even for a thirteen-year-old.

As much as I abhor drunk drivers, I don't think this one should pay for this girl's death (string her high for the DUI though). Even a sober driver wouldn't be expecting a kid to be sitting in the street. A sober driver could have hit her just the same. Don't we teach our TODDLERS to look both ways before crossing a road? Here is a 13 year old, pitching a fit, SITTING in the street. She didn't just wake up doing shit like this. This is a case of temper tantrums gone unpunished.

Edited to add: I would have NEVER pulled this stuff with my parents. I KNEW what would have happened. :eek:

Also, damn. Not one of us mentioned... the extreme guilt trip her sibling who "won" the shotgun seat must be feeling now. Poor kid!

As much as I abhor drunk drivers, I don't think this one should pay for this girl's death (string her high for the DUI though). Even a sober driver wouldn't be expecting a kid to be sitting in the street. A sober driver could have hit her just the same.

I can't call the driver blameless, yet. The link does say the street is poorly lit and the girl was wearing dark clothes, BUT, she also hit the mother and it doesn't sound like the mother was sitting down. The mother may have tried to jump in to save her daughter, but if she was standing there and got hit too then the driver should have been prepared. I can't imagine not seeing a whole human being (who isn't small at all, judging by the pictures in the link) in any position on the ground, night or day. And not noticing the commotion since neighbors had come out to check out the scene. People and other random junk are constantly in the streets and you just have to be prepared, always.

My state always gives pedestrians the right of way which would make this manslaughter unless the accident was completely unavoidable (hitting a stationary object in decent driving conditions would definitely be considered avoidable). Anyone know what Florida laws are?

Last edited:
Florida laws? Dont most people there think there are none? Anyways, most florida laws appear to be stupid.....and very lienant. Thats all I know....I think. lol

Wow...so much going on. What are the chances...really. Bratty little thirteen year old, gets taken out by drunk 21 year old she never gets to be because she wont listen to her mom. Fuck God you are Mysterious.

Wow...so much going on. What are the chances...really. Bratty little thirteen year old, gets taken out by drunk 21 year old she never gets to be because she wont listen to her mom. Fuck God you are Mysterious.

And you wonder why I like this girl so much. See? SEE? She has some insightful things to say. :)

I would dare to say unless it was near
dark- a thirteen year old in the middle of the road sitting is NOT kinda hard to miss!

The article says it was dark out, but even then with headlights on people should be able to see two people on the road if they're paying attention at all. Unless I hear that it was snowing, around a blind corner or hill, or that pedestrians have no right of way in Florida, etc., then I think they should nail this drunk driver with manslaughter. If the rest of us can usually avoid animals running across the road, she could have easily avoided two humans that weren't even moving targets.

I was so saddened by this...this happened extremely close to home for me. My kids do not attend AMS however, they do have friends at that school.
Mine, all 4, always argue about riding shotgun, so I stick to the old Floriduh laws of "under 12 ride in backseat" & "if your feet don't touch the floor when sitting and buckled in ur ass rides in the backseat" just to piss them off :jawdrop:. The latter is no longer used in my car since they're taller now, but those 2 rules helped to solve a lot of the shotgun shit flying around.
They are a bit bigger and older now, but heaven forbid they run out of the car and sit in the street like that. This is Floriduh, but I would like to think I have taught them to have some common sense. They would never do that, and have been wondering what would have made this poor girl come to that point.

I guess it's universal that kids argue and fight about who gets to sit in the front. When I was having these problems, there was no car seat or seat belt laws for kids, so I said the oldest kid in the car was allowed in the front. The younger one said I'll never get to ride in the front and I said that's the way the mop flops, bud!

While it's an accident that could happen to any of us because the girl was sitting in the middle of the road the fact remains that it happened to a drunk driver. Drunk with booze open in her car. WTF. And we will never know whether or not the outcome would have been different had the driver been sober. Selfish and entitled. Every fiber of me hates drunk drivers, no regard to anyone else on the roads.

Yes, the girl was in the wrong too but she was 13, the wisdom to know better AND actually do better comes with age. The ability to thoroughly think through the consequences of one's actions comes later. Throwing a childish fit isn't an offense punishable by death.

Back