• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

KarmicBus

_81215306_5b38ab73a24ced342c23fe57ef863e06.jpg

"Toronto Police are asking the public to help identify the purpose of a bunker 10ft (3m) underground found near a Pan-Am Games venue.

"There is nothing to suggest criminality," Deputy Police Chief Mark Saunders said, but said it was built with "considerable sophistication".

The underground chamber was six-feet high, nearly three-feet wide, 33-feet long and supported by wood frames.

It was found in January hundreds of metres from a tennis centre....

The site was found after a conservation officer found a large amount of excavated dirt near a fence line in the woods behind the centre.

Police found a petrol can, food containers, a generator, and a wheel barrow inside as well as moisture-resistant light bulbs, and a sump pump to remove ground water.

A crucifix at the end of rosary beads with a poppy attached were also were also found hanging from a nail inside."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31609167

_81215311_6954847066c61748b8e0dc71debd16c8.jpg

The entrance was covered with a wooden lid.
They have no idea who made it or why. It could have been a murderer's lair, or just a super-fancy homeless camp in progress. In any case, it's been filled in now, but the mystery of the underground chamber remains.

What assholes they must be to fill it in. WTF for? This could have been used Im sure for many things. Like number 1. Plant room. 2. Bomb shelter/ supply storage. 3. Made bigger into a haunted tunnel for halloween. 4. Bodies of the unworthy to breathe. 5. A basement forthe centre. 6. Plants 7. Did I say yet bodies.....Some people are just not worthy enough to actually have a grave site or headstone ( or any remembrance of) 8. Store/grow weed. Man, these fuk'rs must have been waiting in the buffet line while God passed out brains to the rest of us. Assholes! To fill in somebodys hard ass work on a hole is just assinine.......smh:finger::finger::shrug:

A crucifix at the end of rosary beads with a poppy attached were also were also found hanging from a nail inside."

Well fuck, this is some creepy shit right there. Somebody was trying to free a demon trapped deep in that muddy tomb. They had the beads and crucifix to protect themselves from its wrath.

it's been filled in now

Ah you stupid canadian fucks! WHat have you done??? Now there's no way to put this soulless fiend back where it belongs!!!!

Mystery solved!

Two dudes built this as a "man cave"!

"Two men built the mysterious bunker found near York University in Toronto to use the space as a "man cave," police announced Monday.
In a brief news release issued early Monday morning, police said they received several tips about the case that allowed them to identify two men.
"They made it clear that it was (built) for personal reasons and we verified that," Toronto Police Communications Director Mark Pugash told CTV News Channel.

The men will not be publicly identified because they have not been charged, Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong told CTV Toronto in an email. Police later told CTV Toronto's Colin D'Mello that the men are in their 20s.

"We contacted them, interviewed them, and are satisfied with all the information we received," Kwong wrote.

He told CP24's Stephanie Smyth that the chamber was meant to be used as a "man cave," a term used to describe a place where men can be alone and indulge in hobbies with other male friends."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mysterious-toronto-bunker-built-as-man-cave-1.2259779

Last edited:
Who would have guessed this was done by men? :shrug:And for a man cave..... :hilarious:what ever happened to to the garage or basement for use....:whistle:

So then this was little more than Al Bundy's attempt at "NO MA'AM?"

Apparently! A very boring conclusion. I was hoping it was going to turn into something interesting.
Unless it was really supposed to be a "man love cave". Bunch of hot dudes getting it on underground. That's a sexier and more interesting explanation. Yeah, they probably just didn't want to admit that part.

Having recently been on the subway and otherwise underground in Toronto, I'm just amazed this is the only tunnel they've found. Hell, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple go by through the window while I was stuck on the subway trying not to stare at the crazy lady.

There are probably tourists still trapped down there from the 90s, wandering endlessly.

I got a good laugh out of this story. That's a lot of flipping trouble and work to go to...just to have some guy time. These guys home lives must have really sucked! :p

Back