• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
The two pit bulls, Rico and Lexi, apparently found their way to Anne and Robert Hannewall's rural residence from their home in Beloit, a distance of nearly two miles, and repeat attacked Little E, Hannewall said.

Neighbors who saw the attacks described Little E as slamming them into a tree and fence as they clung to him and swinging one of them around as it latched onto the donkey's muzzle, Hannewall said.

“We didn't hear it. We were sound asleep,” Hannewall said.

Little E died Feb. 2 despite a veterinarian's care.

Hannewall said the vet gave Little E a 50-50 chance of recovery, but it appeared that numerous wounds to its mouth kept it from eating or drinking, leading to its death.

“My biggest thing is how much that donkey suffered,” Hannewall said.
Deputies did not need the dogs for evidence, so they called the owner to pick up her dogs. When she did, they arrested her on Beloit warrants for failing to pay previous fines, Maurer said.

Samuel also was arrested on new charges of dogs causing damage and was cited for dogs running at large, untagged dogs, and not having proof of rabies vaccination for one of the dogs, Maurer said.

A family member of Samuel took possession of the dogs, Maurer said.

Samuel was released from jail Wednesday, apparently after paying her fines.

Hannewall, meanwhile, said she wishes her neighbors had come to get her and her husband instead of calling the sheriff's office. They would have shot the dogs, she said.

Maurer said rural property owners are within their rights to shoot animals that are causing damage in such a situation.
http://www.gazettextra.com/20150212/town_of_turtle_donkey_dies_after_pit_bull_attack
YqlF1RP.jpg

Why would you let any dog just roam around unsupervised . Wouldn't worry about it getting hit by a car if it was a pet ?

I would have NO problem killing those dogs if they were on my property destroying my livestock.

As usual, the dog's owner is a real irresponsible piece of shit. :rolleyes:

Deputies did not need the dogs for evidence, so they called the owner to pick up her dogs. When she did, they arrested her on Beloit warrants for failing to pay previous fines, Maurer said.

Maurer said rural property owners are within their rights to shoot animals that are causing damage in such a situation.
Which is exactly what I would have done. I don't want to shoot someone's pets but if your "pets" are hurting my animals or heaven forbid, my children, I will shoot them, a lot. Sorry but to me my pets and family are just that important.

Which is exactly what I would have done. I don't want to shoot someone's pets but if your "pets" are hurting my animals or heaven forbid, my children, I will shoot them, a lot. Sorry but to me my pets and family are just that important.
I've had to do it before and would again, once they start attacking and killing animals they won't stop

Back