• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Luke Berry admitted causing unnecessary suffering to an animal at Oxford Magistrates' Court.

Berry, 26, from Faringdon, Oxfordshire, was prosecuted after he posted a video on Facebook in August 2014.

He was ordered to carry out community service and must do 120 hours unpaid work and pay £500 costs.

Speaking outside court, Berry said he felt guilty and "shouldn't have done it", [...]

Berry, of Taylor Close, pleaded guilty at Oxford Magistrates' Court in January.

He must also pay a £60 victim surcharge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-31699899

I knew a guy who died doing this. The fucker was drunk and tried to swallow a fish somebody had caught at a lake - not your typically lovable goldfish - and the fins got stuck in his throat on the way down. He suffocated. The contributing cause of death on his death certificate was listed, Tried to Swallow Fish. When I actually saw those words, I thought to myself, "I don't want to die stupid." His ex-wife became $200,000 richer because he never changed the beneficiary on his life insurance - which was one blessing, as she was a nice lady and he'd been trying to screw her over by flaunting a new girlfriend.

I'm sorry.... I'm all against harming animals and stuff but.. it's a fish. Do fish even have feelings? :shrug: I certainly don't think so. No one gets fined for throwing clams and lobsters into boiling water.

Not sure about the game he was playing but we used to play a fucked up game of truth or dare.... A guy swallowed a large fish from a saltwater tank

I suppose it matters it's a fish because at what point is taking a life in a way that will be painful and slow, right?

I get that's it's just a fish, it's a really shitty way to die, regardless of how low of a life form it is.

When all is said and done I think a nice plate of fish and chips with a side of mushy peas along with a pint of bitter would have been much cheaper than a single live goldfish.

--Al

Back