• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2ezrc3r.jpg
Devastated Claire Sykes has posted a series of heartbreaking messages on Facebook, accusing her former partner of murdering their sons and encouraging parents to cherish every moment with their children
s2e801.jpg
The boys' mother said they both died in her arms and 'their hearts will stay with me forever'
[...]
father ‘murdered’ his two sons by luring them into an attic playroom and setting the house on fire, it was claimed yesterday.

Darren Sykes – who also died in the blaze – tricked Jack, 12, and Paul, nine, into believing they could play on a new train set he had bought for them.
[....]
started a fire using fuel downstairs, went into the attic room and closed the hatch as the fire began to rip through the building, said his ex-wife.
[....]
42-year-old Claire Sykes said her children were caught ‘like rats in a trap’ by their cruel father.
[...]
elder boy managed to get out of the loft room only to suffer terrible burns below, according to his family.
[...]
three were rescued by firemen wearing breathing apparatus after neighbours realised the house was in flames.
[....]
the 44-year-old father and his younger son were pronounced dead when they arrived at hospital.

Jack clung to life in intensive care for five days with his mother at his bedside. He died on Monday.
[...]
Mrs Sykes spoke of how her ex-husband ‘murdered’ their sons over the bitter family split.
[....]
‘He was adamant I wouldn’t get anything following the divorce and this was his way of making sure of that.

‘I want people to know they were murdered by their father. I can just see them running hell for leather up those stairs. They had no chance.

'Darren had been texting them all day about these new trains he had, and they seemed quite excited that he was showing an interest.

‘They must have shot straight into the attic not knowing what he had planned. He has set it up as a playroom for them and as soon as they were in he shut the hatch.
They were like rats in a trap and fell for his cold, calculated plan.’
[....]
Sykes described her ex, a carpet estimator, as ‘violent and controlling’. She left the family home in Penistone, South Yorkshire, earlier this year and they later divorced.

The father, who had been given just five hours a week of access to his sons, picked the boys up from their grandmother’s house, where they were living, at 6.10pm last Wednesday.
[....]
20 minutes later his house was on fire, with the ‘terrified’ boys inside.

Mrs Sykes, a buildings administrator, said: ‘He’s taken away the only two things I really wanted. It was his final way of taking control and getting his own way.
[...]
it hadn’t have been last week, it would have been a birthday or Christmas. He would have got what he wanted in the end.’
Mrs Sykes gave an emotional account of her elder son’s final hours. After suffering 50 per cent burns he battled for life
[...]
She said: ‘I held him in my arms before he died. I told him how much I loved him and he looked at me and then I saw the light go out of his eyes. At least I got to say that to him.’
[...]
described Jack as a ‘talented musician’ and Paul as a ‘cheeky chappy who would help anybody’.

Mrs Sykes urged other parents to ‘cherish every moment they have as a family,’
[....]
You never know what’s around the corner.’

Police and fire investigators said evidence pointed to the fire being started deliberately and they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy. An inquest will be held at a later date.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...house-fire-blasts-murderer.html#ixzz3Hb5uhDwv
2qco5rl.jpg
The mother of Jack Sykes posted this harrowing photo of him in hospital on her Facebook page after he died of injuries caused by a house fire which killed his father, Darren, and brother, Paul
2v3g9s7.jpg
The fire, which was started deliberately, killed Mr Sykes (centre) and his nine-year-old son Paul (left). His other son Jack (right) died yesterday after fighting for his life in hospital
Her FB
289wfpy.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/claire.sykes.3766?fref=browse_search

RIP Jack & Paul. Honestly excruciating just reading those few details and that ICU photo.

They used to come down in the morning wrapped in them

Ugh that poor mom. My kids do the same thing. I feel so bad for her.

That "man" is a coward. May he rot in hell.

When I first started reading, I was teary thinking, "omgomgomgomg, please tell me smoke inhalation made them unconcious first..." Now, I can't even form a coherent thought...

OMG! I have no words for this. I hope there is a special place in hell for the "sperm donor".

I can't begin to imagine this mother's pain. I don't know how I could go on knowing my children died in this manner...as she is doing. I have no words. I hope that great memories of her boys will help her find some peace and give her the ability to create a new normal...whatever that might be.

A newly-divorced father lured his two sons to his house with a new model train set before setting fire to the building, killing all three of them.

Darren Sykes, 44, from Penistone, South Yorkshire, died in the fire on October 22 along with Paul, nine. Jack, 12, died in hospital six days later.

Sheffield Coroner's Court heard that Mr Sykes had been divorced for two weeks.

Just before the fire started, he sent texts to six people saying he was "going to be at peace".

Det Sgt Stuart Hall, of South Yorkshire Police, said that on the day of the fire, Mr Sykes spent £600 on model railway equipment and sent texts to his sons telling them what he had bought.

"All I need now are two engine drivers," one of his messages read.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-31700835

How horribly sad. Obviously this guy had a screw loose or was just plain evil. Hard to tell from this. The mother must be going through pure hell right now. RIP

What a selfish fucking dick. Regardless of how I feel for my ex, I would never take away my kid from him. Nor would I ever make him suffer for the rest of his life wishing he could have stopped it from happening.

Burning to death has to be the worst way to die.

Back