• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
Missing 20-day-old baby is found dead in a swamp after his mom was discovered crying and bruised nearby claiming they were 'abducted'
  • Police found the body of 20-day-old Justice Rees in an area called the Ridge Cut Slough in Knight's Landing on Wednesday
  • His mother, Samantha Green, phoned police Tuesday in a panic over not being able to find Justice after both had been reported missing
  • Green, 23, was found shortly after, wet and crying, near the slough
  • No arrests have been made, though police are investigating Green's claim she was abducted
  • Police searched the area overnight, finding Justice 17 hours after his mother called 911

Police found the body of a newborn baby boy in the wild brush of a swamp in Northern California on Wednesday morning - two days after he and his mother were reported missing.
Yolo County sheriff’s deputies discovered 20-day-old Justice Rees near wetlands along the Sacramento River in Knights Landing after a night of searching.
Authorities say that the baby and his mother, 23-year-old Samantha Green, had been reported missing on Monday, but that Green surfaced on Tuesday afternoon after a panicked 911 call.

[...]

Villaseñor said although Green seemed disoriented, she explained to him she and the baby had been abducted in town, but that she had no idea how she'd wound up next to the river.
'She was badly bruised,' said Villaseñor. 'She had no shoes. She was kind of left for dead, it seemed like.'
She told him she knew her baby was dead, having frozen to death, and though she said she didn't know the exact location of Justice, she said he was somewhere in the slough.

[...]
Cecchettini also said that investigators have not found any indication that the baby had been murdered.
Johnson said that 'foul play is not suspected at this time' as authorities are investigating the incident, including looking into Green's claim she and her baby were abducted, KGO reports.
She was admitted to Woodland Hospital and has since been released.
[...]

On Tuesday, Justice's father, Frank Rees posted on Facebook begging Green to come home with the baby.
'If anyone sees my beautiful fiancé [sic] please tell her that EVERYONE is worried sick about her and Justice,' he wrote.
'We love you Samantha. Just come home babe. I miss you and our son sooooo much. Whatever it is you want different we can fix. I love you momma.'
After police identified the body as Justice on Wednesday, the family of the little boy mourned, still in disbelief.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-river-two-days-mother-reported-missing.html

I'm getting that hinky feeling about the abduction story. 20 day old baby, PPP is a real possibility, especially with the father's Facebook posts.

I shall attempt to reserve judgment until we know more.

=\ man.

Get help. The hormonal swings are awful, but there should be more help. There should be more awareness of post partum depression and psychosis, and a lot less stigma.

I don't know how they can say that the baby didn't appear to be murdered. He was taken from his warm home, by the mother or someone else, and was either starved to death or died of exposure. I certainly hope that they were kidnapped, but unfortunately I'm going to assume that she's responsible.

I trust nothing ... She's a lying bitch! sounds like a "great story" but that's all it is a bullshit story.

Got a bad case of the hinkies here, too. I hope they publish the baby's autopsy findings. I know people can bruise themselves pretty darned good when properly motivated, that S.O.'s can lie like a rug on FB to show faux concern and shift blame, and that PPP is a horribly shitty thing. I'm reserving judgment, too. Too many holes yet for my Inspector Detector gauge to proffer a decent guess.

América needs to start some kind of awareness program... Whether it's a 2 minute commercial or whatever.. Anything telling us what symptoms to look for in ppd.. Pps..... Nobody pays attention anymore unless it affect them..
I have never had ppd or pp anything so I don't even know what the signs are... I have heard a number of mom's who claim they had it but what is Aggravating is they will say I had ppd and I NEVER thought about hurting my baby.. The ones who hurt their kids are just pos who don't deserve their kids... Uugghh stupid small minded people.. You can explain that psychosis and depression are not the same but Again it is like talking to the wall... Anyway.. Whatever is going on with this mom I almost guarantee she had been showing some kind of red flags but Nobody was really watching..

Why would she say she was abducted instead of carjacked? From reading what was quoted here I assumed she was implying someone abducted them, as in kidnapped and stuffed into the creepy candy man's van type thing. Her car was found at the scene.

Villaseñor said although Green seemed disoriented, she explained to him she and the baby had been abducted in town, but that she had no idea how she'd wound up next to the river.

Police arrived around 5:30pm and found her 2011 Chevy Tanverse on the other side of the slough, separated from where the mother was by trees and brush.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-mother-reported-missing.html#ixzz3SwaW6bJd

So she knew her baby was dead, the location he would be in and that he died from freezing to death but didn't know she was carjacked or how they got there? I think someones pants are on fire.

ETA: More has come out:
On Wednesday night, the family acknowledged both of the infant's parents had been questioned by Yolo County investigators. The family said Green gave authorities the name and a description of a man she claims abducted her and her baby.

"Samantha just came back from talking to the sheriff's. She was abducted. She recognized the person and she gave them his name," the baby's paternal grandmother Patty Rees said. "I hope he's already in custody since they knew who he was but yes, don't judge Samantha. She was a good mom."

[..]

Ricardo Villaseñor, the man who found Green Tuesday and called authorities, said he heard screams asking for help. He went to Green's rescue and she told him she had been kidnapped, he said. Green told him her baby had frozen to death.

Green had scratches and bruises, but Villaseñor said it looked like the result of spending a couple of nights in the woods, not from a physical confrontation.

He said Green knew exactly where her car was but could not remember how it got there. He then called police.

Green was taken to the hospital and she gave limited information to investigators, Cecchettini said. Investigators notified her that a body has been found. Green has been discharged from the hospital.

In an interview later on Wednesday, Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto said Green was not a suspect. He said his investigators would be talking to her again.

"Everything right now is so sketchy and it is so difficult from the mere fact that we don't have any independent witnesses and nobody at this point has come forward to give us any additional information," Prieto said. "Any claims that she makes we are going to look into them."

The sheriff added, 'We are certainly going to make sure that if she was abducted or if she was assaulted, we are definitely going to look into it."

Prieto said another question is how did the baby end up where it was found.

"It wasn't like someone opened up a car door and walking 10 steps and dropping a child off. It was an effort, you had to cross the slough," Prieto said.
http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/davis/2015/02/25/knights-landing-search-baby/23982105/

Last edited:
And some more:
weeks-old Woodland baby who was found dead near a Yolo County slough died of drowning or hypothermia, deputies said Thursday.

[..]

Coroners determined based on the autopsy that the child had been in good health and there were no obvious signs of physical injuries or abuse.

There were some minor scratches on the baby's upper chest and head. Deputies said those injuries could have come from the brushy area where he was recovered.

The child was wearing clothes when he was found.

The date and time of the weeks-old baby's death has not been determined by coroners, and toxicology results could take several months, according to sheriff's officials.

[..]

A vehicle associated with Green was found Tuesday night, west of the slough in a residential area, Yolo County deputies said.

Detectives said evidence shows Green drove her own car to the slough with the baby, and they don't think the pair came in contact with anyone else before the baby was found dead.

"The only person we know that was involved was the mother," Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto said. "Detectives have spoken to the mother. We haven't been able to receive any real positive information or anything that's going to give us clear direction."

Green is not a suspect in her baby's death. However, she has not been able to give any real solid dates and times of the events.

Meanwhile, Green's relatives said Thursday that she has identified the person responsible for her baby's death and has given that name to investigators. Yet, Prieto said that information hasn't gotten them anywhere.

"We have not been able to substantiate that allegation," Prieto said. "We're not saying it didn't happen. We're having difficulty substantiating it. We're not ignoring it."
http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...ons-about-baby-justice-investigation/31505000

Guess her story about not knowing how she got there just went out the window.

he killed the baby. Look at her before pregnancy/after delivery pics. The baby got in the way of her partying and she dumped him. Had to come up with a cover story. It's better than most I read about but still not good enough. She threw him away like trash. I feel it. Poor baby. R.I.P., sweetie.

Fuck, fuck, fuck! I can't say that I expected the abduction story to be true but I hate to read about mother's murdering their children, it's completely against everything I was ever taught about mothering.

I will continue to try to not judge harshly until mental health is sorted out, she looks high as a kite BUT severe post-partum can change a woman's appearance too. I shall continue to wait impatiently.

Well, we all pretty much figured this was the way it would turn out.

AGAIN, people...if partying is the apex of your aspirations, DON'T FUCKING BREED! It's alot simpler than murdering a human being and spending the rest of your life in jail! Why is this concept so fucking difficult to grasp?!

When you're a party animal you might just forget to use your birth control method. Their "party supplies" come first.

That mugshot makes me want to vomit. What a hideous person, not surprising she was a nasty piece of work on the inside too, ugly people very often are.

I for one don't give a shit about her mental state btw. I don't care what causes someone to be a sick piece of worthless shit, the fact that they are is all i need to know. Kill her.

Green's sister, Aissa Green spoke exclusively to News 10.

"Justice, he could have had a good life," she cried.

Green said her family faced harassment from the public and blame for Justice's death. She said she had suspicions that her sister was using drugs, but didn't get a confirmation until after Justice died.

"It was heartbreaking," she said. "We've confronted my sister multiple times, but there is only so much you can do," Green explained.

She said she was willing to take in Justice if she had known. "I have a safe living environment for my children and he could have had that too," Green said. "This would have never happened if someone other than Samantha, Frank and his family had known," she asserted.

Frank Rees, Justice's father was also in jail for misdemeanor charges unrelated to his son's death. His mother, Patty Rees said they met with CPS shortly after Justice was born.

"We put together a safety plan together since they live with us. Following that meeting both parents tested clean ... I will continue to support Sammi and Frank," she said in a statement.
http://www.news10.net/story/news/lo...-aunt-doesnt-support-samantha-green/24307247/

She said she had suspicions that her sister was using drugs
Alright, I tried to reserve my scathing judgment but now I can't. Fuck this evil cunt, fuck her. Strap her ass down to the gurney, shove the IV in and crank up the go-go juices. Cunt is a waste of fucking space.

Alright, I tried to reserve my scathing judgment but now I can't. Fuck this evil cunt, fuck her. Strap her ass down to the gurney, shove the IV in and crank up the go-go juices. Cunt is a waste of fucking space.
Yeah she had depression problems before and after Justice was born.. it was called.. I just need a little bump.. just a little please

Yeah she had depression problems before and after Justice was born.. it was called.. I just need a little bump.. just a little please
I feel like a idiot.. At the beginning of this investigaron I wanted to believe she was going through ppd.. Pps..i even wrote Book long Comment on the importance of recognizing the symptoms.. F.. Her.. Its pathetic drug addicts like her that give all drug addicts a bad name.. I was a addict that still maintained full employment... Never robbed or stole.. I was not the mom my kids deserved but my custody was never questioned and whether I was high or not my life was always about them..

At the beginning of this investigaron I wanted to believe she was going through ppd..
Don't feel like an idiot, because I did the same thing. I don't like to try to wrap my head around a mother murdering a newborn, my brain wants to only believe that it can be PPP that causes such things, my brain doesn't want to believe that a person can have that level of evil in them.

And as far as I'm concerned drugs are an ignorant fucking excuse. I'm extremely honest about my addiction and recovery, I also share my Hubby's story too. Blaming the murder of a newborn on drugs is complete bullshit, period, point blank.

Despite her drug use...with her history of depression...I suspect PPP caused her to go off the deep end. My heart goes out to the family of this beautiful little guy.

Depression had nothing to do with her killing him. She stated so herself. She also admits to using drugs that day by saying she could have been given bad drugs. He was born with meth in his system.

Samantha Green was choked up and said she loved him more than anything in the world.

"I'm torn apart inside," Green said. "He was my everything. He never left my side."

Green was asked to elaborate on why she was in the slough with her newborn baby in the first place. She had initially made kidnapping claims. Green said she would not go into specifics due to the ongoing investigation and nature of her charges but said she was just trying to protect Justice the night this happened.

"I thought someone was chasing me," Green said. "My main goal was to keep him safe."

Green stood by her claims that there was some sort of foul play against her.

"I believe I was drugged or given bad drugs the night this happened," she said.

Samantha would not elaborate further on what kind of drugs, but she did go into more detail about Justice's final moments. She said she was surprised to hear the coroner suggest drowning as a possible cause of death because he was never submerged in water.

"I believe it was the cold that killed him," she said. "He was just so small."

When asked how she knew baby Justice had died, she said that "he wasn't crying anymore. He was cold and not moving."

Green was asked why she left her baby alone in the slough after she believed he was dead. She said she worried she too was going to die and didn't want both of their bodies to never be recovered by family members.

"He died in my arms. I held him until the next morning. I thought I was going to die too."

Green did admit to battling some level of depression both before she had Justice and after. She said she was in good spirits the day she vanished.

"I was depressed before pregnancy and after but that morning, I told Frank 'I just want to be a mom.'"

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/2015/03/02/samantha-green-speaks-baby-justice/24252293/

Green was asked why she left her baby alone in the slough after she believed he was dead. She said she worried she too was going to die and didn't want both of their bodies to never be recovered by family members.
Bullshit. She rid herself of the obstacle to her partying so she was "free" that's why she came out without him.

Fuck this cunt with a barbed wire wrapped bat until she fucking bleeds to death.

"I believe I was drugged or given bad drugs the night this happened," she said.
There's quite a big difference between those 2 scenarios-- being 'drugged' is an involuntary condition, in which case she would not be responsible for her actions while under the influence.
But letting your newborn son freeze to death (or drown?) because you caught a hot batch is a situation she put herself in by choosing to take drugs while caring for her baby-- and considering she pretty much admits that the latter could be a possibility then she's already admitted what we all already know- She's GUILTY!

"I'm torn apart inside," Green said. "He was my everything. He never left my side."

The kid was fucking twenty days old. Of course he never left your side. Which is a damn shame you junkie bitch, as he may have lived without you using him as a side kick to your meth adventures.

Also, if he was your "everything" he wouldn't have been born with meth in his system. Fucking delusional slut.

Back