• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Malodorous

Smells Bad
NY Daily News said:
'Stop the nonsense!' Boston Mayor Martin Walsh warns residents to stop jumping from windows into snowbanks
Mayor Martin Walsh told Bostonians to quit the dangerous stunts amid the city's near-record snowfall. He said Beantown 'isn't Loon Mountain,' a popular ski area in New Hampshire.
BY Tobias Salinger NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 12:56 AM Updated: Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 10:10 AM

Boston daredevils who have been bounding off buildings and diving into mounds of snow need to quit their dangerous shenanigans, Boston Mayor Martin Walsh said Tuesday.

The city's leader lashed out at snow "divers" who have been posting videos of themselves leaping out of roofs and windows into piles of snow.

"It's a foolish thing to do, and you could kill yourself," Walsh said at a briefing detailing the city's snow response efforts. "So I'm asking people to stop the nonsense right now."

[...]

Still, Walsh said Beantown wasn't "Loon Mountain," a popular ski area in New Hampshire.

"This is the city of Boston, where we're trying to remove snow off of the street, and it becomes very dangerous," he said, according to the Washington Post.

"And the last thing we want to do is respond to an emergency call where somebody jumped out of the window because they thought it was a funny thing to do."

[...]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/17/boston-mayor-to-daredevils-stop-jumping-into-snow-mounds/

Fox News said:
Boston mayor to daredevils: Stop jumping out windows into snow piles
Published February 17, 2015 FoxNews.com

[...]

Mayor Martin Walsh issued the unusual warning at a morning press conference that focused on snow removal and extreme cold, The Boston Herald.com reported.

[...]

The Washington Post reported that these participants strip down to their underwear and dive into the huge banks of snow. Then they take to social media and post it under #BostonBlizzardChallenge.

The Post called the trend a "Bucket Challenge-esque show of bravery and machismo."

Walsh restated how serious the snowfall has been in the area. He said the latest snow storm left one person dead, apparently due to a heart attack while shoveling snow. A partial roof collapse at an eight-building apartment complex in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, left 500 to 700 people looking for shelter.

[...]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/17/boston-mayor-to-daredevils-stop-jumping-into-snow-mounds/

LOL, idiots.

this is America; i'll jump out of any damn window I please, thank you very much

boston trying to be all grown up and shit...

telling the jiggly puffs not to do it is backasswards

Why is this a problem?! This mayor is no fucking fun. We've all been trapped by snow lately, might as well drum up some business for the local hospitals. I fully support this nonsense and all these crazy bastards who stand up for FREEDOM and do whatever the hell they want!

What if they land on a no parking sign? Do you fine 'em then cut the post off at the ground and then walk them to the emergency room? Dumbasses.

Sounds like fun. I jump off my garage roof during heavy snowfalls. So exciting cuz big snowfalls here almost always come with strong winds so there's a strong chance i could land on a downed tree limb. Just waited to get impaled by a sharp broken branch, it's gonna be fuckin badass. The wife and kids better do my bidding and bust out the videocamera, don't care how traumatizing it is for em.

This sort of thing offers explanation for the denizens of this putrid state constantly electing dissipated Kennedys to political office for six decades.

Latest posts

Back