• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"In what is being hailed as a rare birth event, doctors at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center delivered a premature baby that was still completely encased in the amniotic sac. The condition is called an “en caul” birth and only occurs in one in every 80,000 births, according to the hospital’s Facebook post.

Thanks to the photo taken by the doctor who delivered baby Silas Philips, the world gets a glimpse at this rare medical event. The baby is clearly seen curled in the fetal position with hands pressed against the clear sac. Throughout the birth, the baby was receiving oxygen via the placenta.

Mother Chelsea Philips said that when her mother showed her the image she thought it was “really cool to see” and that Silas has been a “little fighter” since the moment he was born.

Though the baby boy was born premature at 26 weeks, he is considered healthy. According to the CNN report, he should be able to go home around his original due date."

xpq89w.jpg

What a first photo, wonder if they'll frame it for the wall!? I broke the amniotic sac with my hand when my daughter was being born. Stupid midwife didn't break my waters when I asked her to.

What a first photo, wonder if they'll frame it for the wall!? I broke the amniotic sac with my hand when my daughter was being born. Stupid midwife didn't break my waters when I asked her to.
My last one didn't give them a chance to. He just sorta fell out. Midwife was still putting on her gloves.

This is how the little guy on the left in my avatar came out. His mom weighs 85 pounds but had gotten up to 100 before going in to labor a month early. As they put her into the wheel chair she was screaming that he was coming out. Thank goodness she had on pajama pants that caught him. He was still in the amniotic sac and she was cheated out of labor pains!

I threw up looking at this. I'm not exaggerating. I scrolled past it as quick as i could, only caught a split second glance, but that was enough. I kept gagging, couldn't help it, wife asked me what was wrong, and there it went. I barely managed to ditch the laptop before spewing, woulda ruined the keyboard for sure.

The "miracle" of life is so fucking offensively disgusting and vile.

I thought the thread title was " baby PHALLUS picture goes viral" and i clicked on it cuz of how bizarre such a story sounded. Why would someone take a picture of a babys weener? Why would anyone give a shit, let alone a big enough shit for it to become some viral phenomena? Is it freakishly huge or something? I must enter this thread and find out.

Instead i get something unspeakably, unimaginably more gross than a mutant horsedick on a baby, i get that mucousy, sickening monstrosity.

Fucking sick.

This is how the little guy on the left in my avatar came out. His mom weighs 85 pounds but had gotten up to 100 before going in to labor a month early. As they put her into the wheel chair she was screaming that he was coming out. Thank goodness she had on pajama pants that caught him. He was still in the amniotic sac and she was cheated out of labor pains!

Did you guys get a photo?

1 in 80,000 isn't really that rare considering the amount of babies born every year. Plus there's this:

Silas was born three months before his due date via Caesarean section.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/health/rare-en-caul-birth-amniontic-sac/index.html

I'd be more impressed if he popped out naturally like that, but he was born through a c-section. It just means he had a hardy amniotic sac.

I hear about all these ladies that have multiple births having kids just drop right out, I wish mine were like that. My longest was 49 hours and the shortest was 19 hours. I had thick amniotic sac's with all 4 of my kiddos. On the last one my doctor used it as a way to help him out of a bind lol I had her on christmas day and there was only 1 doctor working (small town), they had another lady come in in labor after me and he asked if I minded waiting and letting her go first. She popped out her kid and within minutes my doctor was in delivering my kidlet. Our kids are less than 10 minutes apart in age. I at least got lucky in that when they did pop the amniotic sac I never had to push more than 3-4 times.

1 in 80,000 isn't really that rare considering the amount of babies born every year. Plus there's this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/health/rare-en-caul-birth-amniontic-sac/index.html

I'd be more impressed if he popped out naturally like that, but he was born through a c-section. It just means he had a hardy amniotic sac.

I hear about all these ladies that have multiple births having kids just drop right out, I wish mine were like that. My longest was 49 hours and the shortest was 19 hours. I had thick amniotic sac's with all 4 of my kiddos. On the last one my doctor used it as a way to help him out of a bind lol I had her on christmas day and there was only 1 doctor working (small town), they had another lady come in in labor after me and he asked if I minded waiting and letting her go first. She popped out her kid and within minutes my doctor was in delivering my kidlet. Our kids are less than 10 minutes apart in age. I at least got lucky in that when they did pop the amniotic sac I never had to push more than 3-4 times.
If it makes you feel any better, my obstetrician said that people that experience "precipitous labor" have much more painful contractions and births. Might be shorter.. But not any more fun.

I threw up looking at this. I'm not exaggerating. I scrolled past it as quick as i could, only caught a split second glance, but that was enough. I kept gagging, couldn't help it, wife asked me what was wrong, and there it went. I barely managed to ditch the laptop before spewing, woulda ruined the keyboard for sure.

I thought the thread title was " baby PHALLUS picture goes viral" and i clicked on it cuz of how bizarre such a story sounded. Why would someone take a picture of a babys weener? Why would anyone give a shit, let alone a big enough shit for it to become some viral phenomena? Is it freakishly huge or something? I must enter this thread and find out.

Instead i get something unspeakably, unimaginably more gross than a mutant horsedick on a baby, i get that mucousy, sickening monstrosity.

Fucking sick.

And just think, there was a time in your life, you were a widdle, itty bitty, unspeakably unimaginable, sickening monstrosity, too. rotflmao...!! A little Jack-in-the-bag. :hilarious: :hilarious:

Oh wow! I had no idea this was that rare, because it happened to me, too. My younger daughter (third child) was born in the amniotic sac, as well. My OB just popped it when she was fully delivered. Never thought to take a photo of it, though.
Ever since, her older sister has razzed her about being a witch. LOL
My water only broke naturally in one of my 4 childbirths. The other three, I had sweet, sympathetic nurses with nails who were kind enough to speed things along for me.

Fucking sick.

Oddly enough, I just thought "cool!" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Back