• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
"Anyone that enjoys the way sour candy makes your mouth pucker also knows the burning sensation they can cause.

Lachlan Canuk, a 7-year-old from Australia, learned that the hard way when he began to feel his tongue burn after eating the super-sour candy Warheads.

The young man’s mother was horrified by what she saw: a hole burned into her son’s tongue.

The possibility of this happening isn’t a surprise, though.

The company uses the entire back of the candy’s packaging to warn of side effects: “Eating multiple pieces within a short time period may cause a temporary irritation to sensitive tongues and mouths.”

According to Internet reports, this isn't the first case of children being harmed by the popular sour treat."

29x8yu9.jpg

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/weird-news/warheads-candy-burns-hole-childs-tongue/nkKs3/

Dumb kid, that'll learn 'em!:wacky:

How in the heck they eat them things, I'll never understand.:shrug:

Lachlan Canuk

Mystery solved, the Canadian in him didn't have the good sense to move the ball around when it started to burn a single spot:confused:

:crack:

I used to eat sweettarts , warheads, hell even pez until I had holes in my tongue or the roof of my mouth, I don't feel bad for this kid or his dumb ass mother. That took time and multiple candies and at 7 he knew that his fucking tongue hurt for God's sake my 1 year old would even say ow before that shit happened.

Just wanted to add that I still have holes from being a dumb ass kid... I also have limited sensitivity in my mouth (only plus is that I can eat the pizza bites fresh from the microwave)

I used to eat sweettarts , warheads, hell even pez until I had holes in my tongue or the roof of my mouth, I don't feel bad for this kid or his dumb ass mother. That took time and multiple candies and at 7 he knew that his fucking tongue hurt for God's sake my 1 year old would even say ow before that shit happened.
Hell, mama probably encouraged him to keep popping the candies once the media-and-lawsuit lightbulb went on in her head...

When I was 11 or 12 I had one of those really huge Jawbreakers. I licked it til my tongue was raw and it hurt to talk. There was no way anyone could fit the whole thing in their mouth. But once it started to resemble a bowl i began using it for a cup. Drank water out of it cause I that point I couldnt lick anymore, not even to wet my own lips. It was bad. How a child can stand letting it come to be a hole in the tongue I dont believe is a child with a "sensitive" mouth. OUCH!!!

What a load of sensationalized shit. How the fuck is that a hole? Do they not know what a fucking hole is? Fucking idiot aussie dipshit fucks. I hope this kid and his mom choke to death on a warhead, or get a real one dropped on them.

You have to eat a shit ton of warheads for it to have that effect on your tongue. This story only showcases what a pisspoor mom this bitch is. Who lets their kid eat that much candy? What dipshit kid eats that much candy knowing full well it's irritating his mouth?

I ate three bags of "airhead extreme bites" this evening.... And a pack of starburst flavreds..... I now have a hole on my cheek..... Fuck this mother

This kid has patience! Being able to keep a sour candy in one spot until it eats through the skin, that's talent. I generally roll sour shit around in my mouth before tucking it between my cheek and teeth so it doesn't sit directly on my taste buds and even then it takes multiple candies before it makes my cheek raw lol

I did notice they took the time to brush his tongue and remove the color before taking the picture. Warheads stain your tongue, his mom's holding a pack of multi colored ones..convenient that they removed the color which would have indicated how many he really ate :rolleyes:

@gatekeeper .... You liked that I'm dumb enough to burn more holes in my mouth with candies even as an adult? You sick fuck and to think I thought of you as a friend.... Just goes to show you never really know someone.

There might be a silver lining to this incident. This "hole" may prevent this child from having a severe Australian accent, which is probably the worst accent in the English speaking world, the Welsh notwithstanding.

There might be a silver lining to this incident. This "hole" may prevent this child from having a severe Australian accent, which is probably the worst accent in the English speaking world, the Welsh notwithstanding.
Eh, I think Cockney is much worse.

When I was 11 or 12 I had one of those really huge Jawbreakers. I licked it til my tongue was raw and it hurt to talk. There was no way anyone could fit the whole thing in their mouth. But once it started to resemble a bowl i began using it for a cup. Drank water out of it cause I that point I couldnt lick anymore, not even to wet my own lips. It was bad. How a child can stand letting it come to be a hole in the tongue I dont believe is a child with a "sensitive" mouth. OUCH!!!
Hello I was wondering how long your tounge hurt as I just finished a medium jaw breaker last night before bed and my tongue and under part where the mouth attaches to the timing is killing me any tips on relieving pain?

I'm sure it hurts, I've eaten sour candy too but there is no way that this happened from one piece in his mouth for a few seconds. He probably ate a ton of them. Mom is just wanting her 15 minutes of fame and a quick payday.

Hello I was wondering how long your tounge hurt as I just finished a medium jaw breaker last night before bed and my tongue and under part where the mouth attaches to the timing is killing me any tips on relieving pain?
Hello Lucian.

The tongue is a muscle, and like any other muscle it can become fatigued when overused. Like when your parents had you out in the yard raking leaves and your hand, arms, and shoulders ached when you were done? Same thing.

Like with your hands, arms, and shoulders, time will take the ache away in two or three days. For now, though, ice water will help. Sip it slowly, And you can ask your parents for aspirin, acetaminophen, naproxen, or ibuprofen to help relieve the pain.

Hope this helps.

--Al

And you can ask your parents for aspirin, acetaminophen, naproxen, or ibuprofen to help relieve the pain.

If Lucian is youthful (like under 18), he should not take aspirin. Reye's Syndrome danger.

Last edited:
This happened to my daughter. She ate to many one after another and that was the result. She never did that again.

when kids candy burns holes in their tongues, ice cream sandwiches dont melt, you can smoke a mcdonalds french fry like a cigarette, cereals like wheaties have crushed metals in them and react to a magnet, water is laced w toxins and coca cola eats the rust off a damn truck...i feel like it is then impossible to turn a blind eye to the intentional toxification of americas citizens.

Back