• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thehesbomb

Trusted Member
Investigators have not yet determined how a 12-year-old boy died Thursday afternoon, but the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office said the child did not die of natural causes.

"It was definitely a violent death," Mike Alsip, an investigator, told the AJC.

Fulton County police are also investigating how the boy died, Cpl. Kay Lester said.
Emergency officials arrived at the Camelot apartments on Old National Highway after a 911 caller reported a child had suffered a heat stroke, police said. The boy was transported to South Fulton Medical Center, where he died.

A resident of the apartment complex told the AJC he witnessed a man kicking the boy in the head, and videotaped the violence from an upstairs window.

"He was just kicking the boy, kicking the boy up in the head," Hakim Deen told the AJC. "Eight or nine times, he kicked him."

Deen said he believes the man is the boyfriend of the child's sister, and that the two adults may have been trying to discipline the 12-year-old.

"The boy got up and then passed out," Deen said.

When police arrived at the scene, Deen showed his video to officers, who took him to police headquarters. Deen said investigators interviewed him and made a copy of the video. Police asked Deen to not share the video, he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/12-year-old-boy-552005.html

He couldn't even have yelled?! Like, "Hey I see you and I'm filming and I've called the cops"?! He was safe, upstairs, in his apartment!! I sure as hell would've yelled, thrown something, ANYTHING!

Deen said he believes the man is the boyfriend of the child's sister, and that the two adults may have been trying to discipline the 12-year-old.
Reporting these days sucks. Does this mean that the boy had an older sister and that she and her boyfriend were beating the kid? What gives them the right or responsibility to discipline the boy?

I have never understood how someone could see a child be brutalized and just stand there on the phone.Goddamn this pisses me off.I saw some bitch slap her toddler to the pavement in the Wal-mart parking lot.I charged that motherfucker and scared the shit out of her.Got her plate number and had someone call it in.I don't like cops so I don't call them.Rather handle shit myself.If she would have been a man I'd have put the boot to his ass.Way too sensitive to read this shit today........

from the rest of the article that thehesbomb posted:

Two people were charged with murder and child cruelty for the death of a 12-year-old boy who collapsed after they forced him to stand outdoors holding a bucket as punishment.

Kay Lester said the two people charged Friday morning were Sabrina Powell, the boy's sister, and her boyfriend, Omar Pitts.

Police did not say what led to the punishment but neighbors saw the boy collapse. The boy "did not regain consciousness," Lester said.

The boy's name has not been released.

While no cause of death has been released, Mike Alsip, an investigator at the medical examiner's office, told the AJC, "It was definitely a violent death."

"As we wait for the medical examiner's pronouncing of the cause of death, we are investigating the incident," Lester said in a statement late Thursday.

Emergency officials arrived at the Camelot apartments on Old National Highway around 3:40 p.m. Thursday after a 911 caller reported a child had suffered a heat stroke, police said. The boy was taken to South Fulton Medical Center, where he died.

2mplc9s.jpg
21ex3sj.jpg
n the searing heat of thursday afternoon, authorities say a 12-year-old boy was forced to stand outside holding a can of paint as punishment for some alleged wrongdoing that may never be known.
[...]

Authorities say the child was overcome by the heat and collapsed. A neighbor used his cellphone to take video of what happened next.

Resident Tony Neal says he saw the video and it shows Omar Pitts, the boyfriend of the boy's sister Sabrina Powell, repeatedly kicking the boy in the head. Neal says in the video the boy laid on the ground and didn't react or cover himself from the blows. The boy lived with his sister and Pitts.
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=145466&catid=40
Andrealla Holland said she is looking for answers. Her oldest child is charged with killing her youngest.

Holland said, "It has sunk in, but it hasn't sunk in. I just can't believe it."

She said her 12-year-old son, Jaytavious Mahone, was staying at his sister's place at the Camelot apartment complex in College Park for a week of fun.

Mahone was suppose to return home Thursday. But, Wednesday Fulton County Police said Mahone was pronounced dead at the hospital. The medical examiner said the cause of the death is blunt force trauma to the head.

Police said Sabrina Powell and her boyfriend, Omar Pitts, were angry that Mahone was swearing and using sexual language. They said the couple forced Mahone to stand outside holding a paint can in front of him. He was forced to stand in the sun from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.

Holland said her grandchildren told her Mahone was screaming. She said, "He was screaming ,'Call my mama, call my sister.' He never would."

She said her daughter went to work leaving Mahone in the care of Pitts.
[...]

Holland said she has yet to speak to her daughter. She is now taking care of her three grandchildren.
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/23959446/detail.html

She said her 12-year-old son, Jaytavious Mahone, was staying at his sister's place at the Camelot apartment complex in College Park for a week of fun.

How does a week of fun turn into torture?!!! If they thought that was necessary, e.g., he was misbehaving, the easiest answer in the world is to end the week of fun right there and send him home. If the "fun" was torturing him . . . well, they are sick and deserve no mercy.

I'm glad the neighbor took video, but I do hope he or she also had someone on the phone calling police. That video may be the most important piece of evidence at trial. It's very hard to refute video and come up with a plausible story -- like, he hit his head -- when a perp can be seen kicking away.

If I were the guy who took the video, I'd post a copy of it in a private account on line (where it wasn't accessible to anyone) and keep it against the off-chance the perps got off. If they got off, I'd make sure the thing was public so everyone would know what they did and they couldn't walk the streets in safety ever again.

Last edited:
wow! Poor kid, sure sounds like a week of fun to me... NOT!

I'm glad the neighbour was able to video the abuse... although I do hope at the same time he was the one who called the cops (while filiming). But at least their is hard evidence of what did happen.

Holland said she has yet to speak to her daughter. She is now taking care of her three grandchildren.

How awful for this mother!! She sends her son off for a week of "fun". Her youngest child is tortured/murdered by her oldest chld and her boyfriend and now she is forced to care for the oldest child's 3 children while she mourning the loss of her youngest. How freaking awful and twisted this story is.

What the fuck is wrong with people?? I understand recording it for evidence but For fuck sake, stop them. Yell. do something to help the kid

They are seeking the death penalty for the sister, her BF, and a 3rd guy. The asshats were punishing the boy because he had a heat stroke. Hopefully, the 3rd guy is the one who just stood there and did nothing but record it.

You know sometimes we judge people on their reactions to situations when in honesty we do not know how we would react. I am the crazy lady.. the adults wonder what tidbit of information will come out of my mouth this time and all the kiddos my kids bring home call me mom. I would be the first one to stand up in a heart beat & do something every time if I could - but then I have three kids of my own. This guy DIDN'T turn a blind eye- it DIDN'T say anything about the other neighbors. I read an article that a couple tried to interfere in a different child abuse incident in progress.. I know one ended up paralyzed and I think the other got the snot beat out of them. The REALITY of life is you CAN'T always act like BILLY BAD ASS.. if I was 6'5 and bullet proof.. I would step in EVERY time!!

Last edited:
They are seeking the death penalty for the sister, her BF, and a 3rd guy. The asshats were punishing the boy because he had a heat stroke. Hopefully, the 3rd guy is the one who just stood there and did nothing but record it.
The man sentenced to life is the sister's boyfriend, so no DP for him.

There is no way anyone can go any lower than these sick worthless pieces of skin even down to this poor kids sister. He had no one looking out for him and his sister sure as Hell wasn't doing her obligation as a sister! I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't step in and do something because doing nothing is definitely not the answer. This is one of those instances where my weapon would come out and be used. I do not tell people that I carry a weapon because it is my choice and my right. I don't want people freaking out about it and asking questions and trying to debate gun laws and anti-gun opinions. When and if I am carrying it, it stays on me at all times and no one else usually knows I have or has access to it. An asshole like the one kicking a 12 year old child in the head would find out quick as lightening how serious I would be about blowing his brains out and I wouldn't have a problem with it if it meant saving this poor boy. Obviously no one else was interested in helping him.

Last edited:
Back