• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
A care worker who raped three vulnerable women at the home he worked in has been jailed for 14 years.

Colin Stokes, 48, attacked the women - aged 32, 50 and 54 - between January 2012 and April 2013 in supported living accommodation in Gloucestershire.

One victim has a mental age of a child, another is registered blind and the third needs aid to communicate.

Stokes, of Dursley, was sentenced at Gloucester Crown Court, where in January he admitted three rape charges.

Each victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has severe learning disabilities and requires 24-hour care.

At the earlier plea hearing Stokes denied a further charge of rape and one of sexual assault and the court was told those charges would lie on file.

Stokes was employed to work the night shift at the home, which also cannot be identified, and help with day-to-day tasks. Due to staff cutbacks he worked alone.

Police branded him a "sexual predator" who deliberately targeted his victims and said he had not shown any remorse for the damage he had inflicted on them.
[...]

Judge Jamie Tabor QC jailed Stokes for 14 years and told him he would serve another six years on licence. He also placed him on the Sex Offenders' Register for life.
[...]

It has emerged Stokes was arrested in 2007 for "inciting sexual activity with a mentally ill female at a care home".

He was questioned and bailed but that was cancelled following an investigation and referral to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS). No further action was taken.

A second investigation began in April last year when one of his colleagues reported that a resident had told them they had been abused by him, the court was told.

Stokes, who had worked in the care industry for 13 years and in his current job since 2007, was immediately arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault and suspended.
[...]

Chris Haynes, who oversees learning disability services for the council, said: "We are very concerned about what might have been known in 2007, what actions might have been taken at that point and whether the matter could have been prevented.
[...]

Rachael Scott, head of the CPS South West rape and serious sexual offence unit, said that when the 2007 complaint was made Stokes was interviewed and denied the offence.

"This was one person's word against another," she said.

"In the absence of any corroboration the decision was made that there was insufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.

_73696313_73696312.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-26662512

What a piece of shit. I have two aunts that are mentally challenged that live in a group home. I despise anyone that would prey on them. They look like adults but are on a child's mentality level. I hate people.

I can guarantee you...this man has many many more victims. I work in this field...the company I work for owns numerous group homes in several states. He is targeting those that are least able to communicate what has happened to them. Many are non-verbal. This guy is only in the business as a predator seeking easy prey. His sentence is not nearly long enough. He will find a way to do it again as a personal aide to someone with a disability...or something along those lines. I hope he dies in prison so the world is protected from him. He is purely evil. He never should have been left alone with these women. I hope civil lawsuits are filed against this company and this man...on behalf of these ladies...for not protecting them. Men in our company are not allowed to provide personal care to females for their protection.

Need easy prey to feel like a man, do ya?
:meh:
He is EASY prey in jail!! From what I have noticed.. Cons dont like you messing with kids and I would imagine the helpless.. Think we could put some money on someones commisary account to make sure he is torture every day he is in jail!!

Give him one, or two, of the paralytic drugs that inhibit all voluntary motor control & a small dose of curare to paralyze his vocal cords. Strip him down & toss him in General Population. Gee, do 'ya think he'll figure out the kind of damage he's done to those poor women after he spends a few days like that?

A care worker who raped three disabled women at the home where he worked may have had more victims, a report found.

Colin Stokes, 49, from Gloucestershire, was jailed for 14 years for the attacks, which have been investigated as part of a serious case review.

An 81-page report found the incidents were both predictable and preventable and criticised the police and care home provider, among others.

Safeguarding teams have been made aware of the possibility of further victims.

Two historical sexual assault allegations have also been highlighted in the report, from 1997 and 2007, with Gloucestershire Police rapped for losing information about the first while upgrading its crime recording computer database.

It has since emerged this is one of 7,326 crimes affected by lost information, according to Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults Board (GSAB).

Assistant Chief Constable, Sally Crook, said it was "completely unacceptable" and offered an apology to the victims and their families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-31647061

The original post said that he had pled not guilty to an additional charge of rape, which would "remain on file". Do u have any idea what that means?

As far as I am aware that means they won't proceed to trial, but are reserving the possibility that they will at a later date?

Chief Constable Sally Crook, that's a fantastic name for a police woman lol. I saw a homicide detective called Lieutenant Slaughter on one of those true crime shows. Doesn't take much to amuse me :D.

I cannot see how he was allowed to get away with this for so long! The victims he chose were perfect for this sick bastard. None of them could talk or could defend themselves. If he would have layer one finger on one of my loved ones he would have been hunted down and killed one way or the other. Heserves no purpose in this world and is evil and just needs to disappear. Maybe one of his cell mates will feel like same!

A care worker who raped three disabled women at the home where he worked may have had more victims
Shocking. He's scum who picked vulnerable victims who had little chance of being understood or believed due to a range of serious and severe disabilities, I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that his actual victim count is higher than 3.

I always think it's weird to see photos of rapists wearing their clothing, because the very nature of their crime involves being naked, partially at least.

Back