• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
A mother suffering from post-natal depression thought her TV was 'telling her to do things' before she drowned her baby and dumped it in a factory car park, a court has heard.

Amy Black, 40, snapped after enduring a sleepless night with seven-month-old daughter Zoe, who had been crying constantly because of a painful case of glue ear.
[...]

At an earlier hearing Black pleaded guilty to infanticide on the grounds that she ‘caused the death of her child at a time the balance of her mind had not recovered fully from giving birth’.
[...]

The court heard she and her husband, 70-year-old Zen trainer Jack Black, had lived in the UK for 30 months before the tragedy.

They met after Black read a book her future husband had written about Zen spiritualism and left her home in the US state of Minnesota to travel to India in the hope of finding ‘spiritual fulfilment, Mr Black, or possibly both’.
[...]

Mr Spencer said she indicated she was having suicidal thoughts and went on to tell her husband, who suffered from chronic respiratory problems often leaving him confined to a wheelchair, that he was a UK government employee who had been placed in their home ‘to spy on her’.

The court heard that neighbours told police that Black appeared ‘overburdened and finding it difficult to cope with a sick husband and newborn baby’.

Mr Spencer added that a neighbour recalled hearing Zoe crying at 7am before a CCTV recording two hours later showed Zoe cradled in her mother’s arms.

Further footage taken at 9.39am showed Zoe held under her mother’s right arm, which, said Mr Spencer, ‘was in a way inconsistent with Zoe being alive’.

At 9.41am, Black was filmed scaling a makeshift ladder she had constructed from garden furniture to drop Zoe on the other side of the 8ft high wire mesh security and into the factory car park.

Minutes later, CCTV showed Black scaling the fence and standing at the point where she had dropped her child. She took with her a cordless phone and a knife, which she used to inflict non-serious wounds on her own arms and neck.
[...]

He added that Black told police who accompanied her to hospital: ‘Don’t bring Zoe back. She wanted to die. She’s been unwell because she’s been crying a lot.’
[...]

Psychiatrist Mary di Lustro told the court that she and two fellow experts agreed that Black was suffering from a mental illness and personality disorder and concurred with the prosecution that she should be detained in a medium secure mental health unit under Section 37 of the Mental Health Act.

article-0-1DD4D08A00000578-111_306x423.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-girl-bath-dumping-body-factory-car-park.html

He added that Black told police who accompanied her to hospital: ‘Don’t bring Zoe back. She wanted to die. She’s been unwell because she’s been crying a lot.’

I think she probably was not in her right mind, if she could say this.

Quite apart from this not being a marker for sanity:

They met after Black read a book her future husband had written about Zen spiritualism and left her home in the US state of Minnesota to travel to India in the hope of finding ‘spiritual fulfilment, Mr Black, or possibly both’.

Holy shit what a totally bizarre story! It seems like she was "unbalanced" way before the baby came into the picture!

Wow, she does not have the eyes of a baby killer. I completely expected her to look different. After looking at her, I have to say I do believe she lost her damn mind, such a shame. RIP Baby.

A "refusal" of a request for a weekend social care visit for a woman who went on to kill her baby daughter could not be justified, a coroner has said.

[...]

During an inquest into her death, social worker Rohan Griffiths denied police claims that they asked for an urgent visit the day before Zoe died.

[...]

The previous day [Zoe] was taken to London by her mother who told a police officer in Ealing that she wanted to travel to Holland but had no passport, Nottingham Coroners' Court heard.

Police agreed to take her home and, later on, Sgt Ruby Burrow of Nottinghamshire Police spoke to Mr Griffiths who was on duty in the social services' emergency duty team.

She told the court that as there was "not a lot more the police could do" she asked him, twice, for a home visit to be arranged.

But, she claimed, on both occasions Mr Griffiths refused, saying there was not a social worker on duty. Mr Griffiths denied any request for an urgent visit was made.

Dr Didcock rejected his evidence and said that "as a minimum" he should have discussed the case with a mental health practitioner.

CCTV from 1 September 2013 showed baby Zoe moving until about 09:00 BST but 40 minutes later she was and "very likely dead."

Mrs Black then climbed over her garden fence with a phone and knife, where she remained until neighbours found her.

Zoe was found wrapped in wet clothes and blanket, "pale and lifeless". She was pronounced dead at Queen's Medical Centre at about 11:10.

Police said Mrs Black was clearly "mentally unwell" and was detained under the Mental Health Act.

A post mortem examination was inconclusive but found evidence of a lack of oxygen to the brain, "consistent with drowning or with accidental or deliberate smothering".

Mrs Black is being held at a secure hospital after admitting infanticide while her mind was unbalanced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-31656722

I think she's just pure evil. There had to have been some indication of her being unbalanced before now but it was only after she killed her baby that somebody outside the home realized it? I call bullshit. R.I.P., baby girl.

Back