• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A fatal accident inquiry will not be held after a man was convicted of murdering a six-week-old baby in Aberdeen, the BBC Scotland news website has learned.

Mark Simpson was jailed for a minimum of 20 years for killing his then-girlfriend's daughter Alexis Matheson by assaulting her in 2007.

Simpson had lived with the baby's mother Ilona Sheach.

The Crown Office said an FAI would not be held.

Simpson was found guilty in November 2010 of the murder of baby Alexis by shaking her to death, having denied murder by assaulting her between 18 November and 9 December 2007.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-31609911

killing his then-girlfriend's daughter Alexis Matheson by assaulting her

Simpson had lived with the baby's mother Ilona Sheach.
He wasn't the father?

Good lord, isn't six weeks a little early to be moving a new dick into the house?

When my boys were 6 weeks old the last thing on my mind was impressing any men let alone one that was not the father of my 6 week old.

I suppose he could have moved in during the pregnancy? Stranger things have happened......

I suppose he could have moved in during the pregnancy? Stranger things have happened......
I won't lie, I'm not real excited by that prospect either. It takes a very special man to accept another's child, even more so when that child is a screaming newborn who needs Mom's full attention. Not a whole lot of young men out there that are ready to take that all on responsibly and successfully.

Date if you must but don't move them in. Be a Mom first, girlfriend second.

If the fucker has time to watch your baby, you shouldn't be hooking up with him anyway. Find someone who at least works; otherwise, what's the point besides your distorted perception of free childcare.

I won't lie, I'm not real excited by that prospect either. It takes a very special man to accept another's child, even more so when that child is a screaming newborn who needs Mom's full attention. Not a whole lot of young men out there that are ready to take that all on responsibly and successfully.

Date if you must but don't move them in. Be a Mom first, girlfriend second.
I did an entire pregnancy alone as a single mom of older school age kids.. my worries were JUST me and my kids- However, had I met my husband back then things might be totally different.

Last edited:
When my kids were 6 weeks old, my only thought (for myself) was sleep. Being a mommy is hard work and when they slept, so did I. Didn't have time to think about men, not while I was pregnant or after they were born. Didn't get with the man I am with now until my little girl was 2 and a half years old. Didn't have the time or ENERGY until then. R.I.P., baby girl. Wish they could just kill him and get it done with. 20 years isn't long enough.

Latest posts

Back